Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2006, 11:51   #1
BHPian

Geneva Motor Show - 2006

Hey Guys,

As promised, I am posting pictures of my visit to the Geneva Motorshow on the 11th of March, 2006. I managed to take about 500 photographs of various cars on display including most of the exotics.

With my school - Instituto Europeo di Design having a stand at the motorshow with a car on display, we were able to talk our way into most of the high profile stands - with the likes of Pagani, Bugatti, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Koenigsegg, Aston Martin, Giugiaro, Pininafarina and others to name a few. The Italian companies were easier to talk to, considering our school is Italian too.

The place was PACKED with people, because it was the second to last day of the show.

I was lucky enough to be able to sit inside the newly launched Koenigsegg CCX and a Mayback Exelero and also the Ferrari 360 Challenge.

I was doubly excited about seeing the Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano in person. Although being a true Ferrari fan, I had not liked the 3d renders and early pictures of the 599. Seeing the car in person completely changed my perception of the car....and I actually liked the overall profile of the car, and I think it should serve as an able replacement for the gorgeous Ferrari 575 Maranello.

Will try my best to cover all the high profile car shows in Europe from now on. The next on the map for Europe is the Paris Motorshow in September.
If anyone needs any specific pics that they liked from the whole display, kindly send me a PM so i can forward the desired pics. Did not upload the full size pics as each pic is about 450-500 kb each and not everyone on our forum has stable internet connections to enable fast downloads.

Hope you guys enjoy the photo album. I have uploaded all the images in an album on the photobucket website.

The link is given below :

http://photobucket.com/albums/e8/salilkulkarni/

Cheers.
Salil.
Old 12th March 2006, 11:58   #2
BHPian

amazing pics dude, still checkin out the rest. Thx for sharing
Old 12th March 2006, 17:51   #3
BHPian

wowie..! what a treat for the eyes! i envy you!
Old 12th March 2006, 19:30   #4
Senior - BHPian

First of all...Thanks dude for posting close to 500pix!!!
All the cars were awesome especially all the F1 cars, the Ferrari's, Lambos, Aston Martins, the Alfa Romer Brera, Maybach Exelero and...they Civic Type R
Old 13th March 2006, 02:17   #5
BHPian

My camera battery ran out twice :P but luckily...i was able to go back to my school stand and charge it. The guys at Lamborghini and Bugatti were being a little skeptical about letting us in....TILL we started speaking to them in Italian....hehe. Then it was all good :P
Old 13th March 2006, 02:25   #6
BHPian

Great pics. I am sure the real things are out of this world
Old 13th March 2006, 02:36   #7
BHPian

great pics dude.. love them..
Old 13th March 2006, 19:01   #8
BHPian

Awesome pics dude...particularly the one of the V-Engine on display left me floored...Lucky you...I pray to God all Team BHPians get this luck...coz all u guys deserve it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks