Team-BHP - SCOOP! Ford EcoSport Details Revealed. EDIT : Now, caught testing!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The International Automotive Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/)
-   -   SCOOP! Ford EcoSport Details Revealed. EDIT : Now, caught testing! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/111981-scoop-ford-ecosport-details-revealed-edit-now-caught-testing.html)

Mod Note : Team-BHP's Ford EcoSport Review has been taken live at this link. Please continue the discussion on that thread.

Ford EcoSport details revealed and Indian site caught under construction! :D

Source
Quote:

Thanks to our reader Mallik Kslikiri, we bring you a couple of screen captures of Ford India’s under-construction EcoSport page. These are the first images exposing Ford’s new EcoSport India can’t wait to get its hands on. We tried to access the URL, but Ford India seems to have momentarily pulled down the page. Mallik claims he came across the incomplete page while searching for information on EcoSport on Google.

The EcoSport will also see the entry of the Ecoboost engine, a down-sized direct-injected, turbocharged petrol engine that provides the outputs of a 1.6-liter engine while retaining the fuel economy numbers of a frugal 1-liter engine. IndianAutosBlog.com had spoken about this mill to the Ford India’s head honcho who sees the Ecoboost as promising technology. IndianAutosBlog was the first to speculate on the ‘Fox’ (its codename) much before its official announcement.

The diesel option is expected to be the 1.5-liter DuraTorq borrowed from the new Fiesta with a different caliberation.

The mini SUV could be positioned between the Classic and the Fiesta. To reach a lower price point, Ford could have used the sub-4 meter rule to its advantage. Elevated driving position, rugged looks and expanded cargo space are three stand-out features of the EcoSport. This is besides the class-leading fuel economy expected from both engines tied in with the spirited driving character of a Ford product.
It is almost certain that Ford will use the Auto Expo as the launchpad for its mini SUV. Maruti is expected to bring a concept to the same venue and so is Renault.
SCOOP! Ford EcoSport Details Revealed. EDIT : Now, caught testing!-fordecosportfordindia.jpg

Seems to be an interesting buy.
Any price & launch detail info ??

Btw, ACI has also published some info on last issue.
Got these details from their site Homepage SCOOP! Ford EcoSport coming next year - News - Autocar India

Still wondering why would they use a CGI image and not an actual image. Maybe using one, just for the testing.
Although one can't make out, but like ACI said, it does look like a tall hatchback with the spare on the tailgate.

I think i saw this SUV 2 days back in the Guindy kathipara Bridge. The vehicle was fully snickered in some black and white patches to not reveal any thing, i was wondering what was it. Now by looking at this i can confirm that they where testing the SUV.

The taillight in the above pic seems very identical to one i saw :D

Nice catch Scorcher! Looks like the urban SUV market is hotting up big time!
Some interesting details around EcoBoost engine! If it manages FE of 1L engine then its already a winner IMO!

Is this a 'made for India' model like Fiesta classic, and Figo?

The looks (specially the rear and tail-lamps seems to be different from the international versions of the Ecosport.

I guess this would be placed above Fiesta.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR (Post 2599366)
Is this a 'made for India' model like Fiesta classic, and Figo?

The looks (specially the rear and tail-lamps seems to be different from the international versions of the Ecosport.

I guess this would be placed above Fiesta.

Which international version of Ecosport are you referring to? The Ecosport featured here is the All-new Ecosport which is yet to unveiled or launched globally.

I feel like Ecosport range will start from where the Figo series ends. 5.5-6 lakhs for the base petrol model , if ever it comes.
6.5 lakhs for the based diesel and you have got a winner in hands.

It will be interesting to see how they will place the Fiesta hatchback series. It maybe bang on in the ecosport range or slightly higher than that.

Fiesta class to add some more confusion :D

Ford just needs to price it right.

Wow! So finally its confirmed that this compact SUV is definitely coming to India. Waiting for Duster confirmation news too as that looks more promising and appealing to me and seems like that has better off road as well as on road capabilities. What a time this is, one time India didn't had any "true" compact SUV and now two are debuting together (If Duster is also confirmed) will be interesting to see the war between the twoclap:.

Guys, we already have a running thread.
Please continue with your discussions there.

Closing this thread.

Firstly, I know that Sid's thread exist on the topic but depite multiple search attempts and even trying a direct link Rudra posted on the EcoSport Indian website thread the thread just wont open. The link seems to be broken.

Hence starting this thread to post some spy pics of the EcoSport. Please move it that thread if it still exists. Thanks.

Source

Good Catch Scorcher.

None of the links to the old Ecosport thread seems to be working. They seem to have disappeared from this blog.

The pictures look much bigger than the Ecosport. Is it a Kuga?

I have seen these pics in a thread here, dont remember exactly which one. None of the links are working :(

@MAS, its an Ecosport.

This is not in India, isn\'t it?

looking at the bushes and uneven growth of weeds in the background it is India.