Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2013, 08:58   #196
Senior - BHPian

Dubai Police's new sports cars rolled out

Dubai police have rolled out new fleet of Chevy Camaro sports cars on emirate highways.

Police said that the new sports cars are especially equipped to patrol the highways and external roads outside the city.
Police said the new model security police patrols sports cars are equipped with powerful engine, and will be on the roads soon.
Police said that Dubai police is working on updating the police patrols cars to enhance security on the roads as all police patrol cars will be upgraded in accordance with highest international standards and technical developments.

http://gulfnews.com/news/gulf/uae/ge...-out-1.1164655
Attached Thumbnails
Ultimate Cop Cars - Police cars from around the world-696615270.jpg  

Parm is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st March 2013, 10:24   #197
BHPian

Re: Dubai Police's new sports cars rolled out.

There are many times in my life when I have wished that I was a police officer in Dubai.
Things just got worse!! :'( :'(
Old 31st March 2013, 20:11   #198
Senior - BHPian

Do foreigners get a chance to enlist as well? One year contract as a police driver is all that I crave now. Will work for mere food and shelter. But on the highway the police as it is are very strict and with those cameras all over, I wonder why they need them except as a style statement to show off.
Old 31st March 2013, 20:20   #199
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderernomad View Post
Do foreigners get a chance to enlist as well? One year contract as a police driver is all that I crave now. Will work for mere food and shelter. But on the highway the police as it is are very strict and with those cameras all over, I wonder why they need them except as a style statement to show off.
Ever think why the Italian cops need Lambos? Or the German cops their Porsches?
Same difference I guess...
Old 31st March 2013, 20:38   #200
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Ever think why the Italian cops need Lambos? Or the German cops their Porsches?
Same difference I guess...
But one cannot go an enlist everywhere, .
But Shankar they make them there so its also a question of national pride like we keep Amby's still in Government Fleets.
Old 31st March 2013, 21:46   #201
BHPian

Why I couldn't be a police officer in dubai? Jokes apart, is this SS or base variant of Camaro? Are these cars donated by GM or purchased by Dubai police? Well, any car it may be or any way they got these, damn those lucky police fellas! Wonder till where these criminals could run there?

P.S. There is already a thread for this http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/1138-ultimate-cop-cars-police-cars-around-world.html.

Last edited by S@ndy : 31st March 2013 at 21:52. Reason: Addition of extra info.
Old 1st April 2013, 00:10   #202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S@ndy View Post
Why I couldn't be a police officer in dubai? Jokes apart, is this SS or base variant of Camaro? Are these cars donated by GM or purchased by Dubai police? Well, any car it may be or any way they got these, damn those lucky police fellas! Wonder till where these criminals could run there?

P.S. There is already a thread for this http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/1138-ultimate-cop-cars-police-cars-around-world.html.
Hi S@ndy,These are Camaro SS 6.2L,V8,.Its unrestricted.
The car was Summit white with Orange Stripes.The stripes have been redone at St Josephs Ad agency Dubai to match the Dubai police color.They have also been upgraded with Collision Alert System,Speed Detector,Radar Detector Frequency Match and Live Traffic Feed.They also have been chip tuned, but I cant comment how much Horsepower they produce.
The cars werent donated by GM, but was sold by myself from our showroom in SZR DXB .
CaliforniaKnight is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 1st April 2013, 00:16   #203
Senior - BHPian

When a Government has too much money this is the best way to blow it !

Lucky policemen ! Being a cop doesn't sound too bad now
Old 1st April 2013, 12:07   #204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderernomad View Post
I wonder why they need them except as a style statement to show off.
Exactly! When they release a car the whole world is talking about it, and when we do it hardly anyone knows about it.

Look at the first policeman from left. I thought pot belly officers were our national treasure.
Old 1st April 2013, 19:05   #205
BHPian

Re: Dubai Police's new sports cars rolled out

sajusherief, come on give them a break, they would be basically a COP with a desk job [I am not a cop in dubai...not that lucky,bro].

But one things true, the Dubai police live a dream that every petrolhead dreams of... driving awesome cars and not have to worry about a ticket .

They got Nissan XTerra, Mercs, BMW, Dodge Chargers..like everybody says 'BEING A COP IN DUBAI AIN'T BAD NOW'. But the way people drive around here, even a modified cop car would bite the dust here.

The traffic sense in Dubai seems too good to be true. I mean in an accident, both party's park their cars to the side and stay there till the COPS arrive. In India, the same party's would have had a boxing match and gone their seperate ways.
Old 1st April 2013, 19:50   #206
BHPian

Re: Dubai Police's new sports cars rolled out

Dubai police also have Dodge Charger. Looks awesome, always reminds me of Fast 5 movie

Apart from Dodge Charger, Dubai Police have BMW 5 series, Merc E class, TLC Prado, Dodge Durango, Kia Mohave, Ford Explorer, Ford Taurus, Nissan Xterra, Nissan Pathfinder and so on. These are the ones that come to my mind quickly

AbuDhabi cops are more privileged, they have Nissan GTR

I remember seeing a Corvette in Dubai Civil Defense livery of yellow and red
Old 10th April 2013, 22:45   #207
BHPian

Re: Ultimate Cop Cars - Police cars from around the world

After Camaro it's Aventador for Dubai Police

Ultimate Cop Cars - Police cars from around the world-dubaipoliceaventadoruaecarfront.jpg

Ultimate Cop Cars - Police cars from around the world-dubaipoliceaventadoruaecarrear.jpg

Ultimate Cop Cars - Police cars from around the world-dubaipoliceaventadoruaecar.jpg
crazybiker46 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th April 2013, 23:18   #208
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazybiker46 View Post
After Camaro it's Aventador for Dubai Police

Attachment 1071963
OMG ! Thats crazy

Now we know why aftermarket performance parts come out for these kinda already quick exotics too,

so that you can be faster that the STOCK cop cars

Last edited by karan561 : 10th April 2013 at 23:33.
karan561 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2013, 16:24   #209
BHPian

Spotted the patrol car yesterday near Dubai Mall, when i went for Red Bull X Fighters motocross event

Old 15th April 2013, 21:30   #210
Senior - BHPian

Luxury Ferrari sports car will join Dubai Police patrol fleet.

Dubai: After Lamborghini, another luxury sports car, Ferrari, will be added to the Dubai Police patrol fleet this week.

Lt Gen Dahi Khalfan Tamim, Dubai Police Chief, said on Monday that Dubai is a unique city and everything in it should reflect its uniqueness and for that reason police will add a Ferrari sports car to its patrol fleet.

Lt Gen Dahi added that the exclusive vehicle, the price of which exceeds Dh2 million, will enter service by the end of this week to confirm Dubai as magnificent and extravagant in all the services it provides.

He said Dubai Police is on of the few police forces in the world which has such cars in its security patrol service.

He said police received an amazing reaction from the public when the Lamborghini police cars hit the roads in Downtown Dubai so they decided to add the Ferrari to their fleet as well. “These sports cars will not be roaring and chasing speeding motorists,” he explained.

“They will be used for roads security in different areas of Dubai,” he said.

Last week police added the Lamborghini police patrols to its fleet. The new cars will be used to keep order on the streets in high-end areas like Burj Khalifa, Shaikh Mohammad Bin Rashid Boulevard and Jumeirah Beach Residence.

Another sports car has become part of the Dubai Police fleet as have deployed Chevy Camaro sports cars on the emirate’s highways. Police said the Ferrari sports cars will be on the roads soon.

“Dubai Police are working on updating the police patrol cars to enhance security on the roads in accordance with highest international standards and technical developments,” said Lt Gen Dahi.

http://gulfnews.com/news/gulf/uae/ge...leet-1.1170850

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks