Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2018, 09:08   #361
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullrevs View Post
U.K police get the Skoda Kodiaq.

Source:Carscoops
You’ve said they are getting the Kodiaq.
The article you refer to talks only about the Karoq.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyer View Post
Swiss Police replace diesel SUVs with Tesla Model X electric SUV.

Attachment 1771746

Attachment 1771745

Attachment 1771747

Attachment 1771743

The Tesla Model X is nice.
I had one as an Uber ride a couple months ago.
But if there is one silly limitation, it is the absolute lack of hand holds in the cabin, for passengers.
So as the driver takes turns at speed, one tends to slide about from side to side....most irritating.

Imagine then, a high speed Police chase in the Swiss Alps in this Model X.
Likely as not the passenger police officer will end up on the driver's lap on account of this lack of hand holds and if not for the seat belts...

...Ultimate Cop Cars - Police cars from around the world-imageuploadedbyteambhp1543290432.608337.jpgUltimate Cop Cars - Police cars from around the world-imageuploadedbyteambhp1543290487.180518.jpgUltimate Cop Cars - Police cars from around the world-imageuploadedbyteambhp1543290533.420276.jpgUltimate Cop Cars - Police cars from around the world-imageuploadedbyteambhp1543290592.915327.jpg

Last edited by benbsb29 : 27th November 2018 at 11:55. Reason: Merged back-to-back posts. Please use the Multi-Quote button to reply to more than one post at a time. Thanks.
shankar.balan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2018, 19:24   #362
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ultimate Cop Cars - Police cars from around the world

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
You’ve said they are getting the Kodiaq.
The article you refer to talks only about the Karoq.
My mistake Shankar! Sorry about that.

Quote:
Every year, a German aftermarket company is chosen to build a police-themed vehicle for the “Tune It! Safe!” campaign.
Supported by the Federal Ministry of Transport and Digital Infrastructure, the initiative aims to combat illegal and unsafe tuning. For 2019, the Association of German Automobile Tuners (VDAT) chose AC Schnitzer for the job. In its turn, the tuner selected the BMW i8 Roadster plug-in hybrid sports car as the campaign vehicle and went on to make significant changes to it.

Debuting at the Essen Motor Show (November 30-December 9), the “Police BMW i8 TUNE IT! SAFE! by AC Schnitzer” has a lot going for it.

On the outside, AC Schnitzer lowered the i8 by 20 mm (0.78 in), bringing it closer to the road for increased stability in corners. The BMW i8 police car also received a set of 21-inch AC1 lightweight forged wheels which are said to save 4.4 kg (9.7 lbs) per rim. As a result of the weight saving, AC Schnitzer claims the lateral dynamics of the i8 stand to gain as well.

The tuner also applied an aerodynamics-enhancing kit made entirely of carbon. At the front, the i8 sports spoiler elements, a center spoiler, winglets on the sides of the bumper, as well as a bonnet top. The side skirts, “Racing” rear wing, and three-part rear diffuser round off the aero package, providing more downforce.

Other exterior tweaks include the carbon door handle shells, mirror caps, as well as the front grille for the BMW kidney. Everything is wrapped in a typical blue-silver German police livery with yellow accents and emergency lights.

Inside, the BMW i8 gains more subtle upgrades such as aluminum paddle shifters and pedal set, as well as a cover for the iDrive rotary controller made from the same material. There’s no word on performance upgrades, but even in stock form the i8 will accelerate from 0 to 100 km/h (0-62 mph) in about the same time you can pronounce “Eins, Zwei, Polizei.”
Hope the German Polizei get this. Looks fantastic!!

Source: Carscoops
Attached Thumbnails
Ultimate Cop Cars - Police cars from around the world-3a25ab84policebmwi8tuneitsafebyacschnitzer15.jpg  

Ultimate Cop Cars - Police cars from around the world-25f46dc3policebmwi8tuneitsafebyacschnitzer17.jpg  

Ultimate Cop Cars - Police cars from around the world-605a84d3policebmwi8tuneitsafebyacschnitzer20.jpg  

Ultimate Cop Cars - Police cars from around the world-8855ccdepolicebmwi8tuneitsafebyacschnitzer9.jpg  

Ultimate Cop Cars - Police cars from around the world-77811adapolicebmwi8tuneitsafebyacschnitzer7.jpg  

Ultimate Cop Cars - Police cars from around the world-e52b385fpolicebmwi8tuneitsafebyacschnitzer13.jpg  

Ultimate Cop Cars - Police cars from around the world-f3505913policebmwi8tuneitsafebyacschnitzer6.jpg  

Fullrevs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2019, 02:39   #363
BHPian

Saw this during my visit to Lisbon, Portugal in Oct '18. Not an ultimate cop car, but a unique police vehicle nonetheless, and definitely a first for me

Ultimate Cop Cars - Police cars from around the world-img_4824.jpg

Cheers
Joxster is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2019, 07:39   #364
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joxster View Post
Saw this during my visit to Lisbon, Portugal in Oct '18. Not an ultimate cop car, but a unique police vehicle nonetheless, and definitely a first for me

Cheers
I see these here once in a while in Queensland, Australia too.
benbsb29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2019, 10:01   #365
Distinguished - BHPian

NSW Police have taken delivery of a Honda Civic Type R police car.

Quote:
The Honda Civic Type R hot hatch has joined NSW Police ranks — but it’s not on the highway patrol fleet and its primary role will not be traffic enforcement.
Quote:
We could intervene if there was a major issue or if we saw a public safety incident but it is really about community engagement
Quote:
The Civic Type R is supplied by Honda free of charge to NSW Police so it doesn’t cost taxpayers to have it on the fleet
Ultimate Cop Cars - Police cars from around the world-1.jpg

Ultimate Cop Cars - Police cars from around the world-3.jpg

Ultimate Cop Cars - Police cars from around the world-2.png

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 14th March 2019 at 10:03.
volkman10 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 14th March 2019, 11:13   #366
Team-BHP Support

Still on the topic of Australian cop cars, the Victorian Police force have inducted more than 250 Volkswagen Passats into their fleet, to take over duties such as highway patrol cars, general duties, as well as unmarked cars.

Ultimate Cop Cars - Police cars from around the world-vicpolice1.jpg

Ultimate Cop Cars - Police cars from around the world-vicpolice2.jpg

Quote:
Frontline officers will be in 132kW front-drive Passat sedans and wagons while the traffic branch will be equipped with 206kW all-wheel-drive versions
Link
benbsb29 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th May 2019, 11:41   #367
Senior - BHPian

The Abu Dhabi Police have just added the infamous Lykan Hypersport to its fleet of cars.

The Lykan itself is the first supercar to be made in the Middle East so this adds to the unique factor the car possesses.

As you may know, the Dubai Police have some outrageous cars in their fleet, such as a Bugatti Veyron, Ferrari FF, Aston Martin One-77, Bentley Bentayga etc. But, have Abu Dhabi just blown them out of the water?

Attached Thumbnails
Ultimate Cop Cars - Police cars from around the world-lycan.jpg  

RM Motorsports is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th May 2019, 13:14   #368
Team-BHP Support

Is it me but the Ozzies now seem to have the most interesting daily police cars
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2019, 08:29   #369
Distinguished - BHPian

Tesla Model X joins Victorian Highway Patrol fleet,

Ultimate Cop Cars - Police cars from around the world-2.jpg

Link
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2019, 08:52   #370
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Is it me but the Ozzies now seem to have the most interesting daily police cars
Interesting owing to the sheer variety, surely.
With the six and eight cylinders no longer being the norm, standard four cylinder cars are quite common.

Queensland police now increasingly use Hyundai Sonatas replacing the previous 6 cylinder Commodores, and Santa Fes in place of the Ford Territory.

Ultimate Cop Cars - Police cars from around the world-sonata.jpg

Quote:
Usually, the QPS has favoured six-cylinder vehicles, but this time, it’s taken “environmental factors” into account, and has selected the Hyundai Sonata as a four-cylinder replacement for its current fleet of six-cylinder vehicles.
Ultimate Cop Cars - Police cars from around the world-santa-fe.jpg

Link : News Link

benbsb29 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2019, 15:47   #371
Distinguished - BHPian

Swiss Police Take Delivery Of 13 Hyundai Kona Electric Models.

Link
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th June 2019, 18:48   #372
BHPian

The Aussie police are now driving a messy mix of vehicles. Chrysler 300 SRT Core is good value for money muscle while BMW 530D is hideously overpriced in Australia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Tesla Model X joins Victorian Highway Patrol fleet,

Attachment 1881307

Attachment 1881306

Link
Yes, and unlike most other showpiece Police cars, this one is fully paid by us, the hapless taxpayers of Victoria! This is a notorious nanny state with a mindless speed fine regime with the only aim amassing revenue - I have received huge speeding fines & demerit points for going at the criminally insane speed of 62 kmph in a 60 kmph zone! Not joking!

Speeding fines have lost all their credibility here - almost every single person gets one. When my 16 year old son started learning to drive, one of his first comments was how dangerous it is to keep on glancing down at the speedo every other second.

When a toll road was built a few years ago, the government budget showed a planned future revenue stream of tens of millions of $ in speeding fines from that road!

Previously, the cops used to drive Aussie big sedans - Ford Falcons & Holden Commodores - costing $40-50,000. Now instead of buying similar cars or medium SUVs, they are splurging tax payer's money on BMW 530D & stupid showpieces like Tesla Model X that costs $160,000-200,000!

Last edited by benbsb29 : 5th June 2019 at 08:47. Reason: Merged back-to-back posts, made within the 30 mins Edit window.
LTAutoMad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2019, 16:34   #373
Distinguished - BHPian

237 HP Skoda Kodiaq vRS Becomes UK Police’s Latest Pursuit Vehicle.

Ultimate Cop Cars - Police cars from around the world-f13bf080skodakodiaqvrspolicecaruk1024x614.jpg

Quote:
The high-performance credentials of the Kodiaq vRS make it a powerful addition to the pursuit vehicle line-up. It offers power, precision drive and good visibility to other drivers on the road
Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 27th June 2019 at 16:35.
volkman10 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th July 2019, 19:07   #374
Senior - BHPian

BMW M5 competition as cop car for the Victoria police in Australia.

Link to story

Attached Thumbnails
Ultimate Cop Cars - Police cars from around the world-86c7ba72bmwm5competitionaustraliapolice1.jpg  

Ultimate Cop Cars - Police cars from around the world-d93f33c7bmwm5competitionaustraliapolice9.jpg  

Fullrevs is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th July 2019, 18:11   #375
Senior - BHPian

Florida highway patrol get the Dodge Challenger

Attached Thumbnails
Ultimate Cop Cars - Police cars from around the world-84cb645ddodgechallengerpatrolcarfloridapolice2.jpg  

Ultimate Cop Cars - Police cars from around the world-4d6769b5dodgechallengerpatrolcarfloridapolice1.jpg  

Fullrevs is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks