Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2012, 17:27   #16
BHPian

re: 2013 Ford Mondeo / Fusion :: Now to be powered by award winning 1.0 EcoBoost engine!

I absolutely loved the design! Sure, it might look like an Aston, but boy it is an extremely good looking car!
I just hope this makes it to India, The mondeo is one of my all time favorites!

This just might be one of the best lookers from ford IMHO.

Last edited by DeKay : 10th January 2012 at 17:29.
Old 10th January 2012, 18:22   #17
BHPian

re: 2013 Ford Mondeo / Fusion :: Now to be powered by award winning 1.0 EcoBoost engine!

Reminds of the DEATH of the old FORD MONDEOs on the road. I just saw one lying abandoned in Electronic City in front of the INFY office facing Hosur Road and a flash down memory lane followed when owning a Mondeo ensured that the owner's definitely belongs to the creme-de-la-creme category!
Old 10th January 2012, 19:53   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaKilo View Post
Been never a fan of the Americans, but, atleast I had a respect for the ford and other manufacturers that they had their style, but now they started copying the Brits. Shame!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren959 View Post
I think it is a fantastic looking car in US compare to any other ugly american designs.
Design clues are straight from Aston and Jaguar, though the final touch up is a nice afford.
Guys, AFAIK, the Mondeo comes out of Ford's European division. I don't think its available in the US!
A lot of the new 'kinetic' design and the reputation of being good 'drivers' cars goes to the European division.

As regards the similarity as others have pointed out - the fiesta and ecosport also show a similar design language.
All said and done they do like 1st cousins.

I sincerely hope this car comes to India. I was a huge fan of the mondeo and couldn't afford one back then!
viper_711 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2012, 20:34   #19
BHPian

One statement: "Simply Awesome Design". Though it resembles quite a lot with Aston in the front and Jaguar at the rear, the engineers have done a good job of maintaining freshness and make the car look completely unique.

You do not see overhangs of other products. As far as coming to India is concerned, I guess not before 2016-17. Ford still has to launch the 2011 Fiesta and the 2011 Fiesta hatch in India.
Old 10th January 2012, 20:58   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper_711 View Post
Guys, AFAIK, the Mondeo comes out of Ford's European division. I don't think its available in the US!
A lot of the new 'kinetic' design and the reputation of being good 'drivers' cars goes to the European division.

As regards the similarity as others have pointed out - the fiesta and ecosport also show a similar design language.
All said and done they do like 1st cousins.

I sincerely hope this car comes to India. I was a huge fan of the mondeo and couldn't afford one back then!
It will be launched as the fusion in the US. The design looks quite good and i am sure it will look hot in red with a body kit and ultra low profile tyres!

Last edited by rambo1o1 : 10th January 2012 at 20:59.
Old 11th January 2012, 08:44   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper_711 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo1o1 View Post
It will be launched as the fusion in the US. The design looks quite good and i am sure it will look hot in red with a body kit and ultra low profile tyres!
If I were Ford, given the cash crunch problems, it would make sense to have the line up of cars in both the countries to be identical/very similar to each other.
They have started doing so with the Fiesta, and IIRC the Focus as well.
I am in love with this design, and hope it comes to India at a good price. Would definitely consider it with a good diesel. They should bring in their V6 engine as well with it. Had a short stint with the 2011 Taurus V6 in the US, and the car was simply insane!
Old 11th January 2012, 12:53   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
They should bring in their V6 engine as well with it. Had a short stint with the 2011 Taurus V6 in the US, and the car was simply insane!
I am not sue if ford wants to bring the v6 engine here due to the lack of interest in thirsty petrol engines in India!. I dont think skoda and Honda sell a decent amount of v6 superbs and Accords,so Ford may skip it.
Old 11th January 2012, 18:43   #23
Senior - BHPian

Looks good IMO.
2013 Ford Mondeo / Fusion :: Now to be powered by award winning 1.0 EcoBoost engine!-1426772863608286956.jpg

2013 Ford Mondeo / Fusion :: Now to be powered by award winning 1.0 EcoBoost engine!-1420766779597379351.jpg

More than the Rapide, it looks inspired from the Lagonda Concept.
2013 Ford Mondeo / Fusion :: Now to be powered by award winning 1.0 EcoBoost engine!-aston_martin_lagonda_concepttopshot.jpg
Old 11th January 2012, 19:55   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
I have always been a fan of the mondeo, and i do hope this makes it here.
I honestly felt our mondeo looked more dignified than many saloons twice the cost.

As far as aston suing ford is concerned, I think they would have sued jaguar before getting to ford.
I could not agree more with you on all points. The Indian Mondeo still looks great. It's one of those cars that will keep looking good no matter how car designs have change over the years. I feel the same way about the 92 to 94 Accord as well.
Old 11th January 2012, 22:28   #25
Senior - BHPian

Who cares if it is an Aston rip-off?? That Mondeo looks like a billion bucks! The rear is an evolution of the current mondeo but the grill is pure Aston Martin. Whats more, that Mondeo is sure to drive like a dream. Ford India, I have my cheque book ready!
MaserQ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2012, 01:09   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo1o1 View Post
I am not sue if ford wants to bring the v6 engine here due to the lack of interest in thirsty petrol engines in India!. I dont think skoda and Honda sell a decent amount of v6 superbs and Accords,so Ford may skip it.
They should just bring it to showcase their performance variants. Given their USP is handling and fun to drive, Ford should play this out the most. It won't sell in large numbers, but would be a good petrol option, in addition to a powerful diesel.
Load some nice kit, and launch it.
But first Ford should build a brand impression and image that can carry off the price tag that Ford may seem to think it may command.
Old 12th January 2012, 01:37   #27
Team-BHP Support

*whistles*

Now that is TOIGHT!

That is the most banging Mondeo to date. And Mondeos have always been handsome cars. It looks like the new Mondeo was 'suddenly aware' of how amazing it looks, and now it drapes an 3-piece Armani suit.

It really is a wonderful looking car, this. And the passing resemblance to the Rapide may be coincidental, IMO. Because it CLEARLY follows Ford's new Kinetic-Design philosophy. It just so happens that the grille has a few twists that make it look like an Aston Martin accessory.

The side-profile of this car resembles the Audi A7 Sportback.

Presenting the poor-man's Aston Rapide. The new Ford Mondeo, everyone!

Last edited by suhaas307 : 12th January 2012 at 01:39.
suhaas307 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th January 2012, 13:11   #28
Senior - BHPian

That is one good looking car! I sincerely hope Ford brings this to India, I will be anytime ready for another addition to my garage!
Old 23rd February 2012, 11:48   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Ford Mondeo Coming To India In 2013.

"The US based auto manufacturer, Ford Motors will be bringing in its new Monde to the Indian market come 2013. Recently Ford had displayed anther model of its portfolio, the Fusion at the 2012 Detroit Auto Show."

2013 Ford Mondeo India Launch In 2013 | MotorBeam - Indian Car Bike News & Reviews
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th February 2012, 21:51   #30
BHPian

Ford Mondeo station wagon spied!

2013 Ford Mondeo / Fusion :: Now to be powered by award winning 1.0 EcoBoost engine!-2013fordmondeoturnierwagontestmulespyshots_100383536_l.jpg

2013 Ford Mondeo / Fusion :: Now to be powered by award winning 1.0 EcoBoost engine!-2013fordmondeoturnierwagontestmulespyshots_100383540_l.jpg

2013 Ford Mondeo Turnier Wagon Spy Shots

I hope volkman10 wouldn't mind me hijacking his job as T-BHP news supplier

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks