Team-BHP - Saleen S7 gonna challenge Bugatti at what they do best..VEYRON..
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The International Automotive Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/)
-   -   Saleen S7 gonna challenge Bugatti at what they do best..VEYRON.. (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/11464-saleen-s7-gonna-challenge-bugatti-what-they-do-best-veyron.html)

Saleen has announced a performance package costing a mere 42k quid on top of the 320k quid price tag of the already super quick 750hp twin turbo S7 which does 0-60 in under 2.8sec and 0-100 in 6 sec or les..this performance upgrade will bring the massive power total to 1000hp and they are looking at sub 2.5 sec time(i predict close to 2.0) with the curb weight of 1338kg which happens to be 1/2 an elise lighter than the beast called veyron..can you imagine that..the only problem i could see with this car is..some quality lacking but if you are a pure power kind of a guy with nothing much other than track times in mind, then this will run circle around the veyron and even catch up with it after giving veyron the few second lead...

top speed of 260mph+

This machine is insane..but i really wished the had a 50k package to upgrade the interior to plush and also have them redesign their outside, even though its purely gorgeous..

And btw this thing with the 750 could already challenge the veyron in everything but top speed..at less than 1/2 the price and this performance upgrade at 1/2 the price would obliterate the veyron..

1Day, you are having one of your "budget performance" pangs again, aren't you?;)

I somehow can't imagine the S7 anywhere other than Rap Superstar videos with 22 inch chromes, or in the Gillette Mach 3 Turbo ad.

But how does the car do around track otherwise? Any NS times? Any reviews you could point me to? Too lazy to Google.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ported_head
1Day, you are having one of your "budget performance" pangs again, aren't you?;)

I somehow can't imagine the S7 anywhere other than Rap Superstar videos with 22 inch chromes, or in the Gillette Mach 3 Turbo ad.

But how does the car do around track otherwise? Any NS times? Any reviews you could point me to? Too lazy to Google.

I wouldnt mind shoping for budget cars at this price range... ;) i dont think any of us would mind :)

just in UK the bloody price tag is as much as a murcielago in India..so its aint all that buget..but surely its one hell of a car..I will try and find something for you...but what makes you think more expensive the car, the better it is??

I saw a big review of this car on tv. Its a VERY small car. In sense, its big in terms of engine etc but interiors are extremely compact. They were showing this guy who bought it, getting into it and he jus about made it in! but for the power it packs (fastest legal road car before veyron) its awesome! and they'r hand made...
This pacakage should be VERY intresting! looking forward to some pics n vids....

[FONT=Helv][SIZE=2]Dosent the Veyron have AWD? Saleen with 1000 horse RWD may not be able to launch effectively to
get that 0-100 time
[/SIZE][/FONT]

I doubt whether S7 will catch Veyron or even surpass it.
But Veyron is true Luxury Sports car in every way. As you have said S7 will lack quality. People buying such cars wil most probably use it on normal roads & these cars will highly see race track.

Another reason why I admire Veyron so much is the fact that when they started to build Veyron, they didn't had any benchmark. And still what they produced is a masterpiece.
Now it is comparitively easier for other companies to manufacture cars with 1000BHP as they have benchmark to beat.

P_H here is your Google Seach

And S7 to take on Veyron

Quote:

Originally Posted by adya33
I doubt whether S7 will catch Veyron or even surpass it.

please: Please give me some logic here for your statement, it only sounds biased. lets see how..

13xx KG vs 1900 KG
1000 HP vs 987 HP

aero dynamics are prety close...

what proff do you need that this would whoop veyrons @$$, not saying its better, but just speaking of performance it should catch up and surpass all in one breath...

I agree with you on the luxury though, which aint that big a deal, if I can drop that kind of dough and really want a nice plush interior, i would spend another 50-60-70k to give it to an after market company to completely redo the interiors..

But i agree veyron will have the status symbol around your neck which saleen wouldnt get you...but both will get you the same stares as majority people wouldnt know about either cars..

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1Day
please: Please give me some logic here for your statement, it only sounds biased. lets see how..

13xx KG vs 1900 KG
1000 HP vs 987 HP

aerodynamics are pretty close...

what proof do you need that this would whoop veyrons @$$, not saying its better, but just speaking of performance it should catch up and surpass all in one breath...

I am totally biased against Veyron. I admit it. :)
Sure S7 might have good power to weight ratio & all but it depends more on how that power to put down. We might never know answer till both cars are driven on same track under same conditions.
Till then lets keep on biasing towards our favorite cars.

Fine by me, Its good that you admit, Its difficult to come to terms with the person who knows he is biased and doesnt admit, I am not biased towards any car..not a single one..i love all supercars be it F430 to veyron with S7 and Vette Z06 in between..

so I am not biased about the S7 at all but as for the power to be put down, well it only matter when you launch the car after that, all you need is good rubber and some nice track day conditions..and you will very easily see how the S7 TT will leave the veyron behind, lets also compare 1/4 times veyron is about 10.8 i belive and s7 TT is 10.5-10.7. so TT is quicker and this is the 750hp version, what do you think 250 extra hp would do? knock off may be lets see 1.5secs or more?? so sub 9.5sec factory car with 1/4 mile speed of may be 160mp..so then?

also Koenigsegg ccx factory specs states 1/4 in 9.9 sec as well.. :) so both these cars along with ultimate aero would be ahead of the veyron..

Hey, when you're paying 372k quid for this baby, why not nudge that up to around 400 for those plusher interiors. 28k quid could get you all the butt-padding you would've ever desired. It would still be only around 1400kg, half a ton less than the EB 16/4. I say it makes perfect sense for that budget-friendly supercar racer. £400k < £840k :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by aniguchisan
Hey, when you're paying 372k quid for this baby, why not nudge that up to around 400 for those plusher interiors. 28k quid could get you all the butt-padding you would've ever desired. It would still be only around 1400kg, half a ton less than the EB 16/4. I say it makes perfect sense for that budget-friendly supercar racer. £400k < £840k :)

where do you get that info? I would wanna see too :) I dont see a pricelist online..

The Bugatti prices are official...£840,000
The Saleen prices are the same as the ones you stated...£320k for the car, £40k for the performance package. It was meant to add up to £362k *shame* Anyhoo, £38,000 would be AMPLE money to spend on updating a car's interiors...that too, an American car. Excellent.

The Saleen S7 is one of my favorite cars.... I sure wish it could beat the crap out of the veyron.... IMHO the veyron is one of the ugliest cars i've ever seen....:Frustrati No offence meant to veyron fans but this is my honest opinion....

10 Fastest Production Cars Ever (Current standings)

Year Vehicle Top Speed (mph) Source
2005 Bugatti Veyron 16.4 253 Car and Driver
2005 Koenigsegg CCR 241 independent observer
1998 McLaren F1 240 independent observer
2003 Saleen S7 223 at 6500-rpm redline
2004 Ferrari Enzo 220 Auto Motor und Sport
1993 Jaguar XJ220 212 independent observer
1992 Bugatti EB110 GT 212 Autocar
2002 Pagani Zonda S 208 Sport Auto
2004 M-B SLR McLaren 207 Auto Motor und Sport
2004 Porsche Carrera GT 207 Auto Motor und Sport

For details go to http://www.caranddriver.com/article....&page_number=4