Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th February 2012, 20:10   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

World's largest BMW showroom opens in Abu Dhabi

World's largest BMW showroom opens in Abu Dhabi-biggieabudhabi1860x359.jpg

World's largest BMW showroom opens in Abu Dhabi-bmwabudhabioutsidenight1024x640.jpg

- Abu-Dhabi Motors, area = 35,000 square metres. Time to build = 3 years.

- Cost = 62 Million Euros. (about Rs. 300 crores)

- Also host to the MINI brand and Rolls Royce.

- Staff in number = 450+.

- 172 parking spaces for customers.

- Separate showroom and sales areas for all 3 brands, as well as BMW Motorrad motorcycles.

- Customers can check out entire model line-ups of all 3 brands in different colors, with 80 vehicles and 10 motorcycles on showroom display 24/7.

- Workshop can perform maintenance work in 120 work-bays at the same time.

- Extensive shopping and boutique sections, dealing with a wide variety of fashion items and other merchandise from BMW & MINI, as well as original accessories.

- A private cinema theater screening area for demonstrating new vehicle presentations and launches, a full-time Gloria Jean's cafe & a Formula One Racing Simulator, in addition to children's play area and dedicated waiting rooms for men and women, are also included in the premises.

- The latest in audio-visual technology - touch-screen tables, and TVs running continuous BMW Group videos on the latest products and information related to BMW and it's developments, will be online and running continuously.

World's largest BMW showroom opens in Abu Dhabi-bmwabudhabimotorsopening1024x640.jpg

World's largest BMW showroom opens in Abu Dhabi-bmwabudhabimotorsopeningz41024x640.jpg

World's largest BMW showroom opens in Abu Dhabi-biggieabudhabi2860x572.jpg

Pics courtesy - Motortrend.com, paultan.org, egmcartech.com.

More pics and details - Largest BMW showroom opens in Abu Dhabi | Drive Arabia : Dubai / Abu Dhabi [UAE, Saudi, Bahrain, Qatar, Kuwait, Oman & GCC]

Last edited by GTO : 20th February 2012 at 18:48. Reason: Correcting the crore figure in your post
RavenAvi is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 18th February 2012, 21:50   #2
BHPian

Re: World's largest BMW showroom opens in Abu Dhabi

62 mil Euro is not equal to 45 crore rs.
Mike89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2012, 22:15   #3
BANNED

I wonder how the demand for all these cars would be affected in their part of the world after peak oil ?

Plus they have super low duties on cars don't they?
Old 18th February 2012, 22:39   #4
Senior - BHPian

310Crore~ Indian Rupees!! How many cars are they even planning to sell to recover all this?!! And yellow and orange beemers? what a strange choice!!
Old 19th February 2012, 21:57   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
How many cars are they even planning to sell to recover all this?!! And yellow and orange beemers? what a strange choice!!
A large number of the cars on the streets of Dubai are Mercedes, BMW, and Porsche. I'm not saying they are the majority - the majority consists of Nissan and Toyota, with the most popular being Toyota Camry for taxis, Nissan Altimas sedans, and a mix of Toyota Yaris and Nissan Tiida compact sedans and hatchbacks (both the Toyota Yaris and Nissan Tiida are available in both forms).

Assuming that most of the BMWs are replaced with newer BMWs after a period of five years (replacements after 3-5 years is common after which the old cars are traded in the used car market), I would say the showroom would manage to recover its investment in the period. I believe the building of the world's largest BMW showroom is a way for BMW to take sales away from Mercedes and Porsche.

If Maserati or Ferrari were to try and build their largest showroom, I would say it doesn't make business sense but for any of the top 3, I see it as an attempt to gain market share from the other two.
k_nitin_r is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th February 2012, 17:21   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_nitin_r View Post
I believe the building of the world's largest BMW showroom is a way for BMW to take sales away from Mercedes and Porsche.

If Maserati or Ferrari were to try and build their largest showroom, I would say it doesn't make business sense but for any of the top 3, I see it as an attempt to gain market share from the other two.
I think this is their answer to the One Million Square Feet facility for Mercedes Benz by Emirates Motor Company, Abu Dhabi.

The EMC facility which started operations in 2009 is the world’s largest Mercedes-Benz facility, featuring a 4,382-sq metre showroom, 20,873-sq metre service centre with over 250 work-bays, 7,196-sq metre for spare parts, a multi-story parking lot and staff accommodation.
jaguar.runs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2012, 03:42   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Check out the blue Alpina 7er in that link along with other super colors on the 7er that are just never offered in our market !!
Old 22nd February 2012, 10:10   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Check out the blue Alpina 7er in that link along with other super colors on the 7er that are just never offered in our market !!

Isnt THAT the beautiful Interlagos blue ?
Old 22nd February 2012, 11:26   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
310Crore~ Indian Rupees!! How many cars are they even planning to sell to recover all this?!! And yellow and orange beemers? what a strange choice!!
Yellow and Orange Beemers sell quite well in the Middle East. So do Mercs and any other premium cars. As long as they stand out, and shout different, it works. And it sells. Arabs love their rides and they want it to be different from the rest of the crowd.

As a matter of fact, dealers insist on putting up these bright colored vehicles in their showrooms, just because those are the ones that sell first!
Old 23rd February 2012, 00:07   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo View Post
Isnt THAT the beautiful Interlagos blue ?
Sure is, def my all time fav color
Old 23rd February 2012, 01:52   #11
Zed
BHPian

Quote:
With the current exchange rate of Rs 65 to the Euro its INR 403 Crores.
Astounding sum for a showroom!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks