Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th February 2012, 10:09   #1
BHPian

Ferrari F12 Berlinetta - The 599 Successor

Its going to be a V12 with 920hp, but 120 is from KERS so the engine would develop around 800hp. It may be called F70 or F620 GT. Here is a spyshot of the possible rear design.

Car and Driver Blog » This Is Most Likely the Rear of Ferrari’s V12 599 Replacement [Geneva Auto Show]

Ferrari Reports Record Sales in 2011, Preps New V12 Model for 2012 Geneva Auto Show
Attached Thumbnails
Ferrari F12 Berlinetta - The 599 Successor-photo3626x469.jpg  

RIC.BURNS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2012, 17:48   #2
BHPian

New Ferrari V12 Supercar On February 29. Official!

Check the link below official Date from Ferrari for the unveiling of new Ferrari Flagship
Link:http://www.ferrari.com/English/Pages...ages/Home.aspx
Old 21st February 2012, 22:25   #3
BHPian

re: Ferrari F12 Berlinetta - The 599 Successor

Ferrari has started showing teaser images and videos of the next F620 GT, successor of 599.
Ferrari clears its throat and announces new F620 GT to debut on February 29

Mods: please change thread title to "Ferrari's Next Super Car F620 GT".
Attached Thumbnails
Ferrari F12 Berlinetta - The 599 Successor-f620teaser.jpg  

Last edited by RIC.BURNS : 21st February 2012 at 22:26.
Old 22nd February 2012, 01:06   #4
Senior - BHPian

Oh come on, Not another Ferrari with the same tail lamps!

I think all that the Ferrari design team is doing nowadays is, snipping parts from the Italia and making new cars.

I agree, the 458 is a proper looking thing. But the California (IMO) and FF are plainly pathetic. If rumors are to be believed, the 620 churns out 700 horses (hence pitching it against the LP700) and if this is coming from the same ham slicer, better beware, the arch rival has got it every bit right.

Here is the first official teaser,

Last edited by Scorcher : 22nd February 2012 at 01:08.
Old 22nd February 2012, 01:51   #5
Team-BHP Support

Finally after a decade we will get to see the Ferrari's flagship, the Enzo replacement. 800 horses is a lot of power. Looks like they're taking the game up a notch. Wonder how they're going to engineer a car that will be able to harness all that power. But knowing Ferrari, they have the think-tank to pull of the unthinkable.
Old 22nd February 2012, 05:31   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Finally after a decade we will get to see the Ferrari's flagship, the Enzo replacement. 800 horses is a lot of power. Looks like they're taking the game up a notch. Wonder how they're going to engineer a car that will be able to harness all that power. But knowing Ferrari, they have the think-tank to pull of the unthinkable.
This one is not necessarily the enzo successor. Its is the 599 successor infact. Enzo replacement will be launched sometime during the summer. 620 will be the direct competitor to aventador. It will have 700+ hp while the enzo successor is speculated to have over 900hp. Any which ways looking forward to 29th feb. To me, Ferrari is still on the top when it comes to sports cars. Its powerful, elegant and not trying too hard , unlike its certain competitor (lamborghini).

Last edited by Mike89 : 22nd February 2012 at 05:32.
Mike89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2012, 09:46   #7
Team-BHP Support

You're probably right. It's the 599's successor, going by the silhouette.

But I don't agree with you when you say that Ferrari isn't trying too hard. I think they're trying just as hard as Lamborghini, if not harder. Case in point, the FF and the 458. Both great machines no doubt. But look at the kind of technology that goes into it. The AWD in the FF especially. I think it's overkill.

While it's path-breaking technology (Ferrari's are known for that) I'd be happy to see a basic Ferrari that delivers on the soul rather than on technology and equipment. And I just can't stand the way the FF looks.

*wearing-flame-suit*
suhaas307 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2012, 09:56   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Finally- the most powerful Ferrari ever, and probably already amongst the most iconic cars from their stable before its launched since this is most likely the last of the big V12s.

Quote:
Wonder how they're going to engineer a car that will be able to harness all that power.
Electronics- and loads of it.
Old 22nd February 2012, 10:01   #9
Senior - BHPian

Enzo or 599 replacement , all i know is if its in the 650-750bhp whereabouts , Ferrari are going to have to craft a nearly perfect masterpiece to trump the Aventador from the bull's stable.
The Aventador in my books is THE best looking car in the world today with performance to match. One key area where Ferrari could and is expected to have the upper hand over the aventador is the tranny. While Lamborghini says the single clutch has been deliberately put into the Aventador to provide more feel and make it more lively, there is no denying that its taking away a few of those crucial miliseconds. The trademark DSG doing duty on everything right from an A4 to the Bugatti Veyron would have been perfect for the job.
With a dual-clutch transmission , the Ferrari could be expected to have quicker in-gear acceleration than the Bull flagship.
I have always been slightly tilted towards Lambo in the Lambo vs Ferrari battles (its just so hard to pick 1) and even after the big horse is out, i hope the Lambo is able to keep its nose ahead. Knowing Ferrari, they'd beg,borrow,steal OR kill to trump this flagship Lambo. Lol
Let the games begin !
PlatzdaTurbo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2012, 12:04   #10
BHPian

Quote:
But I don't agree with you when you say that Ferrari isn't trying too hard. I think they're trying just as hard as Lamborghini, if not harder. Case in point, the FF and the 458. Both great machines no doubt. But look at the kind of technology that goes into it. The AWD in the FF especially. I think it's overkill.

*wearing-flame-suit*
by not trying too hard, i merely meant it does not have that flashy "everyone, look at me" design language like Lamborghini.

Ofcrse it will be moving forward along with the competition in terms of newer range of models and newer technology. and frankly , FF is not that bad a looker when you see it in person.

Last edited by Mike89 : 22nd February 2012 at 12:16.
Old 22nd February 2012, 12:24   #11
Team-BHP Support

Oh absolutely.

While Ferraris are gorgeous, Lamborghinis have always been brash and in-your-face. Ferraris look like they're designed on a computer, but a Lamborghini looks like it has been chiseled and sculpted.

It may look like they're trying to hard. But just look at it. It looks the way a supercar should! What's the point in owning a sober looking supercar? Oops, wait. I'd still buy a 911

I loved the way Ferrais used to look back in the day. The 250 GT SWB, the 246GT Dino, the Berlinetta Boxer. Such beautiful cars. But the beauty sort of fizzled out late in the '90s.

Whatever said and done, there is something in the air in Italy, or something in the water they drink. I don't see how else they make such beautiful cars that stir the soul.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 22nd February 2012 at 12:31.
suhaas307 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2012, 19:21   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo View Post
I have always been slightly tilted towards Lambo in the Lambo vs Ferrari battles
You mirrored my thoughts there. While I respect Ferrari for what they represent, I adore Lamborghini for their larger-than-life persona. And yes, the Aventador - to me, is a manifestation of how a most desirable car should be.
Old 22nd February 2012, 23:45   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike89 View Post
Its powerful, elegant and not trying too hard , unlike its certain competitor (lamborghini).
Quote:

While it's path-breaking technology (Ferrari's are known for that) I'd be happy to see a basic Ferrari that delivers on the soul rather than on technology and equipment. And I just can't stand the way the FF looks.
Everybody tries hard.Real hard.Its just that Ferrari and Porsche end up looking that they haven't tried too hard.

And I think that the FF has certainly raised the bar when it comes to front engined V12 GTs.Its big,its fast,its comfortable,dynamically sorted out,its loud and reeks of that Ferrari passion.Yeah,its got a soul alright. And I strongly believe that the Shooting Brake design lends it a lot of character.It has grown on me.And how.After all a V12 GT is such a romantic thing!

With so much power these days, bridling it becomes a really tough task for manufactures. Hence all the hoopla about the technology and equipment. You can't really call them purist machines but all that drama and noise do lend them a touch of soulfulness. They are cars with characters in their own right,provided all that electronic trickery doesn't make its presence felt inappropriately.

And if you're really looking for some soul stirring action behind the wheel,cars like the BMW 1M,Mini Cooper S,old Honda VTECs or even a dynamically incompetent Alfa 8C(to name a few) are always there to make the soul weep with joy!
AyAn! is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2012, 23:57   #14
Team-BHP Support

^^ Absolutely.

And let's not forget the Jaguar XKR.

Technology can be a thinly veiled blessing - hiding behind the metal, keeping you safe and in touch with driving - or it could be a nanny-ing mother always out to stop you from having fun. And there is a fine line that divides these factors.

I don't care much for dual-clutch this and four-wheel-drive that. Cars have changed quite a lot. Back in the day, they used to engage the driver. Now, the driver probably feels like a blob of flesh strapped in his seat while the electronics keep him out of the bushes. What's the fun in that?

Like James May says, it's an obsession now. To make a car that laps the 'Ring the fastest. And in all that discussion of lap-times and launch-control, companies these days have forgotten to make them actually fun-to-drive.

That's where cars like the Focus RS, Mini Cooper and the Fiat 500 Abarth come in. They deliver lots of fun without making you feel like being a part of a science project.

I'm no one to comment on such cars. I haven't driven any of them. But I do believe that the more the electronics, the less engaging it is going to be to drive.

The new Enzo replacement is going to be no different.

And that's why I really admire and appreciate the Noble M600.
suhaas307 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2012, 02:42   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
^^ Absolutely.

And let's not forget the Jaguar XKR.

Technology can be a thinly veiled blessing - hiding behind the metal, keeping you safe and in touch with driving - or it could be a nanny-ing mother always out to stop you from having fun. And there is a fine line that divides these factors.

I don't care much for dual-clutch this and four-wheel-drive that. Cars have changed quite a lot. Back in the day, they used to engage the driver. Now, the driver probably feels like a blob of flesh strapped in his seat while the electronics keep him out of the bushes. What's the fun in that?

Like James May says, it's an obsession now. To make a car that laps the 'Ring the fastest. And in all that discussion of lap-times and launch-control, companies these days have forgotten to make them actually fun-to-drive.

That's where cars like the Focus RS, Mini Cooper and the Fiat 500 Abarth come in. They deliver lots of fun without making you feel like being a part of a science project.
Agreed! May hit the nail right on the head.Even I used to think the same.Right up-to the 'Ring timings bit! Now lets throw some of our own passionate, albeit self-righteous inputs,shall we?

My point is, as long as the electronic gimmickry doesn't hinder inappropriately,its fun.It doesn't matter if your actions are being constantly monitored by some unnecessary(apparently) bits of paraphernalia. But you step out of the line,it makes sure you don't end up hitting a tree.To boot. All's well that ends well. Its fun all the way!

And I think cars like the 458 or the FF are among-st the most optimum driving machines. You go overboard,get a little too carried away by the relentless wave of power and its snaps back at you. But saves your neck and making all of it looking beautiful at that!

On the contrary,I'd also maintain that reigning a tail happy '70s Challenger R/T is immensely engaging and challenging. Fun in its own way!

So basically all cars have their own driving characteristics that we've come to admire or loathe. But they're all fun to drive.More so in a particular environment,or with a particular mind-set.Heck,even making the most out of an under-powered car is fun!

Quote:
I'm no one to comment on such cars. I haven't driven any of them. But I do believe that the more the electronics, the less engaging it is going to be to drive.

The new Enzo replacement is going to be no different.
You'd be grinning from ear to ear even if you drive the 599 GTO in its lowest performance setting on public roads. Let alone a track! That's fun again,my friend!

Last edited by AyAn! : 23rd February 2012 at 02:59.
AyAn! is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks