Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2013, 11:45   #61
Senior - BHPian

re: Ferrari F150 "LaFerrari" - The Enzo Successor!

There is a plaque on the LaFerrari's steering wheel (in the circle) which carries the name of the owner.

The show car displayed at Geneva carries a familiar name, Fernando Alonso

EDIT:: Adding an actual pic of the same.
Attached Thumbnails
Ferrari F150 "LaFerrari" - The Enzo Successor!-ferrarilaferraristeeringwheel.jpg  

Last edited by Scorcher : 6th March 2013 at 11:51.
Scorcher is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th March 2013, 21:25   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
I get what you're saying. A big analog tachometer would have looked good and felt great. They didn't do it maybe because that V12 is too fast for an analog instrument. I could be wrong though. Eagerly waiting for some nice reviews.
Don't the Enzo and Aventador have an analog tacho?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
The interior, from AutoCar UK.
Quote:
There is a plaque on the LaFerrari's steering wheel (in the circle) which carries the name of the owner.

Wow, talk about exclusivity!

Also, first shot of the interior looks like it has an analog tacho and the second has a digital tacho?

Last edited by ashwin.terminat : 6th March 2013 at 21:32.
Old 6th March 2013, 21:51   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
Don't the Enzo and Aventador have an analog tacho?

Wow, talk about exclusivity!

Also, first shot of the interior looks like it has an analog tacho and the second has a digital tacho?
Nope, the Aventador as well as the LaFerrari has digital speedo/tacho (switchable) made to look like analog ones. Lexus LFA and Merc S too gets the same thing.

Here is the dash of the Aventador Roadster I shot.
Attached Thumbnails
Ferrari F150 "LaFerrari" - The Enzo Successor!-dscn6296-copy.jpg  

Old 6th March 2013, 21:54   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The interior, from AutoCar UK.
Quote:
Nope, the Aventador as well as the LaFerrari has digital speedo/tacho (switchable) made to look like analog ones. Lexus LFA and Merc S too gets the same thing.

Here is the dash of the Aventador Roadster I shot.
Aah, got it!
Old 7th March 2013, 11:58   #65
PPS
Senior - BHPian

An Indian journalist has tweeted that India could possibly get 2 of these with a price tag exceeding 12cr !
I thought all of the 499 units were sold out.
Old 7th March 2013, 12:07   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
An Indian journalist has tweeted that India could possibly get 2 of these with a price tag exceeding 12cr !
Maybe cos RSM and the Goa guy attended the preview.

Who is this journo? There are very few names out there who ought to be taken seriously.
Old 7th March 2013, 12:19   #67
BHPian

Quote:
I do not know what the Indian journalist was thinking, but with the import duties on CBU vehicles going up further by 25% as announced in the 2013 Budget a few days ago, the La' Ferrari should be a Minimum of 25crores ex showroom. And at that price my friend, i dont expect to see one of these in Indian roads, just like the Enzo.

To that comes to my mind the question as to how far an Indian customer will go to buy a Hypercar with the duties and roads that we have?
Old 7th March 2013, 12:23   #68
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Maybe cos RSM and the Goa guy attended the preview.
Yes, i too feel the same. But i guess those 2 guys along with A.P are awaiting deliveries of their F12 Berlinettta's first. Let's hope the LaFerrari turns up in their garages later.
Quote:
Who is this journo? There are very few names out there who ought to be taken seriously.
Rohin Nagrani of BS Motoring. I hope he is right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorque View Post
I do not know what the Indian journalist was thinking, but with the import duties on CBU vehicles going up further by 25% as announced in the 2013 Budget a few days ago, the La' Ferrari should be a Minimum of 25crores ex showroom.
Yup, I agree with you. Some of these journos can be overenthusiastic at times!

Last edited by PPS : 7th March 2013 at 12:30.
Old 7th March 2013, 12:31   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, i too feel the same. But i guess those 2 guys along with A.P are awaiting deliveries of their F12 Berlinettta's first. Let's hope the LaFerrari turns up in their garage later.
Thanks.

A lil' correction, RSM is getting an F12. Goa guy is getting an FF. I'm not sure if AP is getting anything new, I believe he was invited on the grounds that he already bought two cars from the dealer (458 and FF).
Old 7th March 2013, 13:11   #70
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A lil' correction, RSM is getting an F12. Goa guy is getting an FF. I'm not sure if AP is getting anything new, I believe he was invited on the grounds that he already bought two cars from the dealer (458 and FF).
RSM & Goa guys cars are kept for sale at Ferrari,New Delhi. A friend told me A.P is upgrading to the Berlinetta as well, his 458 is for sale in Delhi , not sure if its with Exclusive or Ferrari dealership.
Old 7th March 2013, 22:35   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
About 5 to 6 expressions of interest from India for #LaFerrari. India could get possibly, at least 2 cars. Landed price to exceed Rs 12 cr!
Is what it says on Rohit Nagrani's Twitter page. But I thought only 2 people were invited for the private preview. RSM is getting an F12, I doubt he's buying the LaFerrari too! :P
Old 7th March 2013, 23:58   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

These are options which can be deleted.They will give you the owner name and the flag of the owner country as standard,if you want you can opt out.

Makes me wonder,what happens if someone sells it.

Quote:
An Italian magazine,while talking to one of the Ferrari people have got the allocation of different countries for that car.Apparently 3 are allocated for India.BUT i highly doubt any will make here.Because i dont see why would Ferrari sell any car in India because no Indian owner IN india has owned an F40,288GTo,Enzo,FXX or atleast an Corse Clienti which i would expect to be a minimum requirements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maky View Post
That is whats interesting Vikram : P. How they will be generating rear end downforce minus rear wing.
The Diffuser plays a huge part in this.

How does it work?

The air travelling under the car is always faster than the air travelling over and around a car.This is further helped by a flat undertray,front splitters,vanes which further channel the air under the body.However when this fast moving car comes out of the car and merges which the slow moving air it causes a lot of wake turbulence,vortexes and this causes drag at high speed.In order to turn this into an advantage,a diffuser is used.

Its work like its name it diffuses the air and makes it slower,always it to expand and merge fast with the slower air from top.This also allows the air from the under car to be "extracted faster".Once this air is being extracted faster the air under the car retains its high velocity.As you know higher velocity,lower pressure.Low pressure underneath the car,higher pressure(slower moving air) over the car.Hence a force pointed down is exterted on the car.

This is a very basic understanding on mine.LaFerrari and modern cars use way more complicated ways.More knowledgeable people can add.

Quote:
Nomenclature is a tad disappointing.

But why a digital tacho? The fun of a high revving machine is to see that needle climb upto 9000RPM!
Like Vish said,its a digi screen.Interchangeable.Attaching a pic for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post

The dry weight of 1255 is amazing for a car with a KERS unit. And a lot of trickery with the movable vanes. Still cannot digest the name though! Ferrari should have done better. Maybe they wanted to leave some room for the Lambo to score somewhere.

I think the weight has not been revealed.Atleast thats what i remember from the press release and from various sites.They had held back the weight.The 1255 kgs is a guesstimate.Not sure though.

Quote:
Nomenclature is a tad disappointing.

But why a digital tacho? The fun of a high revving machine is to see that needle climb upto 9000RPM!
Like Vish said,its a digi screen.Interchangeable.Attaching a pic for you.
Attached Thumbnails
Ferrari F150 "LaFerrari" - The Enzo Successor!-laferrariinterior02720x539.jpg  

Last edited by avishar : 8th March 2013 at 00:20.
Old 8th March 2013, 00:07   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I think the name is on the Bottom CarbonFiber section & not in the Circle.

Anyways great feature indeed
Old 8th March 2013, 00:34   #74
Senior - BHPian

Thank you very much for the reply but I'm aware of how the diffuser works. Big fan of the 2009 double decker diffuser of the brawn F1 car!
Can't wait for lap times for this vehicle : )))

Last edited by Technocrat : 8th March 2013 at 00:54. Reason: Please avoid quoting a large post specially when its on Same page, thanks
Old 8th March 2013, 00:52   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
I think the name is on the Bottom CarbonFiber section & not in the Circle.

Anyways great feature indeed
Whoops. That's what I said. Earlier it was a less clear picture and I had drawn a circle around the plaque to highlight it. Forgot to remove the "in the circle" part when I added the new pic

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks