Team-BHP - Jaguar XF Sportbrake Revealed
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The International Automotive Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/)
-   -   Jaguar XF Sportbrake Revealed (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/116678-jaguar-xf-sportbrake-revealed.html)

Jaguar has revealed XF Sportbrake ahead of Geneva debut.

Essentially a station wagon, this one looks very sexy. I just love it. Usually i am not a big fan of wagons, but this has made me change my mind.

More photos here

2012 Jaguar XF Sportbrake Photo Gallery - Autoblog

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

I am not a fan of station wagon/estate version one bit but I have to admit this is probably the sexiest one around.
The outline LEDs on the rear tail lamps look wicked ! Does the facelifted XF in India have the same tail light outline?

I just keep wondering every time I look at these Station Wagons, What's their market share ? I have heard of many super performance models like the AMG's , M's, RS's, CTS-V wagon; Never driven one nor have a desire to! Is the time worth spending on R&D for these kind of vehicles and I don't expect many Supermom's out there going crazy on roads with kids car seats in the back.

Looks very nice. But still not as nice as the sedan. :)

They have got the XJ style treatment on the D pillar as well. But the roof could have been panoramic. The sunroof looks too small on that large surface.

This is probably the best looking Wagon that i have ever seen. Its quiet sportingly designed, the clean lines and sunroof are adding to the sporty look of the car. The front also is very meaty with the curved eye headlamps. Sad its only going to be available in Europe.

Never ever liked stationwagons. They're typically meant for those old American housewives, or atleast I perceive so.
And then again, what kind of consumers is Jag targeting with this one?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sahil (Post 2700713)
The outline LEDs on the rear tail lamps look wicked ! Does the facelifted XF in India have the same tail light outline?

Yes it does. Just saw a facelift XF-R last night right outside your house. What's cooking Sahil ? Is it you or Sallu :D
While the rear does look good, trust me the front could have done a lot better sans those DRLs. It does not look as out of place as it did on the S class but the Jaguar just did not NEED DRLs with the kind of looks it has.
If atall it spoils the look IMO.
What is it with the whole DRL obsession ? Every manufacturer absolutely MUST have them on their car. Enough already.
I respect BMW for not having followed Audi (like Merc did) and gone the LED DRL way.

:OT I'm living in Spain at the moment so defiantly not mine, perhaps it is my notorious neighbors!

Quote:

Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo (Post 2703426)
What is it with the whole DRL obsession ? Every manufacturer absolutely MUST have them on their car. Enough already.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSYpQ...ature=youtu.be
Speaking of DRL obsessions, check this out, it might piss you off to see how Audi is taking it to a whole new level with OLEDs clap:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sahil (Post 2703452)
:OT I'm living in Spain at the moment so defiantly not mine, perhaps it is my notorious neighbors!

Audi visions OLED Technology - YouTube
Speaking of DRL obsessions, check this out, it might piss you off to see how Audi is taking it to a whole new level with OLEDs clap:

:OTYea i know you are in Madrid but i remember you telling me your dad has been on the lookout for a new set of wheels for sometime. Who knows, maybe a surprise is in store for you when you are back.:D

Audi's LED obsession does not really piss me off as they were one of the pioneers of the whole tech.
Its the others compulsion to follow that is completely beyond me.
You should see the use of LEDs in the new 6 series headlights. Art !