Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2006, 20:08   #16
BHPian

nope i havent seen one(yet) but i heard from my uncles in NJ that it is one hell of a car in terms of eveything.
Old 5th April 2006, 20:28   #17
BHPian

It looks good. I like the fender flares. I guess that is the only exterior modification they have done compared to the CTS-V. But like many said, they need to be blended into the body a bit. Cadillac has been trying to get rid of the "old man's car" image for a long time now. I hope the super V helps with that.
Old 5th April 2006, 22:36   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo
Does 7.0L really do 22mpg? I have read somewhere that it avoids the gas guzzler tax. How does it do it inspite of being a big pushrod V8?? Does it also use that multidisplacement thing used in big Chrysler V8s?
Vettes have traditionally had a feature that forces you to shift from 1st to 4th under normal driving and this helps FE. Not sure if the c6 still has this feature.
Old 5th April 2006, 22:39   #19
Senior - BHPian

Cadillac Sixteen or sumtin like that could run with fewer cylinders than its got to improve FE right. And when u open the throttle, all the cylinders will work to produce power..
Old 5th April 2006, 23:15   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik247
Cadillac Sixteen or sumtin like that could run with fewer cylinders than its got to improve FE right. And when u open the throttle, all the cylinders will work to produce power..
Thats the same tech in the Accord V6. Its known as Variable Cylinder Management. Read here.

Quote:
The 3000 CC i-VTEC motor in the new Accord runs on all six cylinders while accelerating hard, climbing or while carrying a full load and employs only three cylinders during cruising and at low engine loads. The new engine thus combines the effortless performance of a three litre engine while offering superior fuel economy of 11.6 kpl that the four cylinder Accord manages. How is this possible? The Variable Cylinder Management (VCM) system analyses throttle opening, vehicle speed, engine speed and gearing to determine that the car is cruising, and then idles the intake and exhaust valves of the three cylinders in the rear bank. With zero valve lift, the cylinders are sealed and no fuel is injected, thereby reducing pumping losses by as much as 65 per cent.When operating in three cylinder mode, engine vibration is reduced by extrapolating vibration from the change in crankshaft rotation speed and sending the information to the ‘active control’ engine mount, which compresses/extends an actuator in same-phase, same-period motion to dampen the engine mount. Similarly, a speaker creates an opposite phase sound or ‘active noise control’, to provide a cancelling effect, for a quieter interior which leaves the driver unaware of changes in cylinder activation.

Last edited by BUSA : 5th April 2006 at 23:16.
Old 6th April 2006, 00:58   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik247
It could be in the Sixteen. I have read somewhere that GM was the first to experiment and successfully implement engine cylinder management system to improve FE in production cars. I think GM calls it Active Fuel Management. The 2006 Impala has active fuel management. A lot of GMC SUV's also have it.
Old 6th April 2006, 08:53   #22
Senior - BHPian

It first debuted in the Cadillac 2-4-6-8 (or something of the sort) in the 1970's. Was extremely unpopular then.
Old 6th April 2006, 15:05   #23
BHPian

I saw the super'duper' V's ad last night on some saudi channel called MBC2 or something. The ad is well made and the car looks really hot in it! And the flares are less flared *It seems like that* than what they look like in the spy pics. Looked extremely 'vectra-ish' in some angles.

O.T. Just incase you guys are wondering why in god's name would I be watching a saudi channel, well, they show really good english movies on em, with arabic subtitles. And I was watchin '3000 miles to Graceland' when they aired the ad.

Godspeed.

Alok.
Old 7th April 2006, 02:51   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider4385
I saw the super'duper' V's ad last night on some saudi channel called MBC2 or something. The ad is well made and the car looks really hot in it! And the flares are less flared *It seems like that* than what they look like in the spy pics. Looked extremely 'vectra-ish' in some angles.

O.T. Just incase you guys are wondering why in god's name would I be watching a saudi channel, well, they show really good english movies on em, with arabic subtitles. And I was watchin '3000 miles to Graceland' when they aired the ad.

Godspeed.

Alok.
Couldnt be...they havent even said that they are doing this....so how could they even advertise?? Must be the regular V not the super V with the 505hp
Old 7th April 2006, 12:37   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Day
Couldnt be...they havent even said that they are doing this....so how could they even advertise?? Must be the regular V not the super V with the 505hp
Lol.... I feel extremely dumb right now! I saw the ad again. It was the regular one. I think that's why I felt the flares looked tamer!

Godspeed.

Alok.
Old 8th April 2006, 14:07   #26
BHPian

The Caddy wont be able to tackle the likes of the M5...it just may do so in straight line speed...but nowehere else.
Old 8th April 2006, 19:03   #27
BHPian

http://www.dpccars.com/car-movies/04...illacCTS-V.htm
check that out. and that is only the normal v. i wonder if the super v will be better in handling or more nose heavy
Old 8th April 2006, 23:04   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo_v12
The Caddy wont be able to tackle the likes of the M5...it just may do so in straight line speed...but nowehere else.
and you know so with experience??

i am not saying it would or not...but have you seen what they are going to make out of it..

people said corvette is only a straight line performer, well the C6 whops the 911S around a track and in straight line, the Z06 well does more than that, it RAPEs all the exotics out there around the track..even the new 911 Turbo is far behind...the F430 is not even seen in the rear view and murcielago run a little behind it..

anyhow my point is...cady is trying to revive their image and in doing so, they might borrow some of the handling from the vette team..if they do this might turn out to be more than just a straight line performer..

i am not saying it will but, we just dont know..
Old 8th April 2006, 23:28   #29
Senior - BHPian

Nice video there man...it just showed how good the caddy is..but you can clearly see how dumb and biased JC is...

he left the door open with the key inside and he expects the car not to remind you...anyhow...he is calling caddy's cheap from the inside...well i can say they are poorly designed interiors...but cheap from no angle..we are talking about a caddy which mostly have superior quality to the germans...anyhow..it just showed its a sports cars with great capabilities and considering that the next corvette is going to be a RHD and LHD car, so will the next gen of CTS, CTS V and CTS Super V...so then we will see what happens...it would be murder for Ms and AMGs...

and for the price tag which is soo cheap..50k loaded in US...the super V would be maybe 65k, so you are looking at 30k cheaper than the M with great handling and awesome power..and i personally find the M retarted looking...i dont know y it just isnt for me and the CLS 55 AMG which looks like a dream doesnt handle as good as the american car here..so what do you get out of this??
Old 9th April 2006, 10:06   #30
Senior - BHPian

Generally the handling reports about the CTS I have read in British magazines say the handling is good, not quite up there with the BMW's, but close.

So I think they should have the handling thing fully sorted with the super-V. It sounds like its going to be a bit of a bargain compared to the M5.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks