Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2012, 06:54   #16
BHPian

Re: Beijing Motor Show 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by eq24 View Post
I dont understand, is China really that big of a market, I mean just looking at the cars unveiled there, they are all super luxury or super expensive versions, not only that Rolls Royce, Bugatti, Bentley all are throwing Limited Edition Versions. To add more confusion BMW and Merc are sending out Long wheel base models of even entry level products like the 3 and the C.

Isn't China supposed to be a Communist country where all the money belongs to the state and well fare for all is decided by the state.

And what is really befuddling is the fact that India is so close by and we have so many rich and super rich people, we do not even get to see these big brands. Take the Auto Expo for example, I would say except for the launch of the Eco Sport nothing global was introduced.

I am sure all these brands will do quite well in India too, so why this preferential treatment to China, what do the experts think?
China is indeed the biggest and most lucrative auto market in the world at this moment of time. India can not match China's buying power at this point of time....not even close.

Just to help you put things in perspective, BMW delivered 232,586 units to mainland China last year (all of the BMW family brands put together).

In comparison, BMW's unit sales in the first quarter of this year in India were 2,369 units. Extrapolate that to 4 quarters and you are looking at 10,000, maybe 12,000 unit sales in India over the coming year.

Unit for unit, China is 20 times the market for BMW than India is.

Other luxury brands too have a similar story.
Old 26th April 2012, 08:27   #17
Team-BHP Support

Re: Beijing Motor Show 2012

If the Honda concept on MPV rolls up, I think they will also see to it that,
there diesel strategy is in place esp for India. I also hope its not too little too late.
By the time they roll in, the diesel prices would have been de-regulated!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks