Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2006, 10:39   #1
BHPian

The World's Most Powerful Street Legal Car

Gandersheim, Germany is the home of Weineck Engineering, builders of some of the fastest road legal cars in the world. For 2006, Weineck created a Cobra replica with a massive 12.9 liter V8 engine. The first turn of the key activates a gigantic high-pressure fuel pump. To tromp and release the accelerator pedal means more than half a liter of finest nutrition (fuel) have arrived inside the ultra high-performance carburetor system to feed Weineck's custom milled V8 engine. The next turn activates the gigantic starter motor to spin the crankshaft resulting in an latent idle of 1000 rpm.

Even up to 4000 rpm, the Weineck Cobra 780 cui Limited Edition accelerates faster than any other supercar when fully driven. The accelerator pedal always has to be operated very gently and with respect. The world's most powerful, strongest & best accelerating road-legal car and its absent of aids from the digital era like ASR, ESP, ABS etc.

Above 5000 rpm the engine delivers its world record torque of 1300 ft.lbs (1,760 Nm) at 5600 rpm. The rev limiter is set to cut in at 8000 rpm and the engine reaches its maximum power of 1,100 hp at 7000 rpm. Infact, the engine revs faster than the classic Smith instrumentation can follow!

However, power is nothing without control. That is why the Weineck Cobra 780 cui Limited Edition is built using a MIG welded, self-supporting tubular frame with a 4 inch diameter to absorb very high torsion forces created by the engine. Additionally, its body is deep drawn from carbon composite materials for maximum rigidity.

Single wheel suspension including a continuously variable coil spring system in conjunction with a specially engineered Brembro brake system guarantees an individual set-up suiting individual driver's preferences resulting in high-precision driving and braking.

The 4-speed extra high-performance gearbox, driveshafts and rear axle (equipped with a 75% limited slip differential) are designed for more than 2000 Nm of torque!

The interior of the Weineck Cobra 780 cui Limited Edition is designed individually to meet any customer's wishes. Normally, finest British leather is used for the upholstery of the seats. All colors, pipings and sewings can be individually chosen. The rest of the passenger compartment is finished by using velours carpets. For the dashboard, classic Smith instruments are used.

In case of rain, the car is equipped with a soft top to protect both the driver and the interior. A fixed hardtop is also available.

Each unit of the Weineck Cobra 780 cui Limited Edition is a unique masterpiece of German Engineering. Production is limited to fifteen.

Source : www.fast-autos.net
Old 6th April 2006, 11:01   #2
BANNED

WOW!!!
That looks like FUN to drive!!
Old 6th April 2006, 13:43   #3
BHPian

One Word For This!!!!!!!!!!!

AMAZING

What A Beauty.....
Old 6th April 2006, 14:03   #4
BHPian

chck out the exhausts!! n the hood! omg!
Old 6th April 2006, 19:30   #5
Senior - BHPian

That has to be the ugliest bonnet scoop Ive set eyes on.

The wheels are a bit too large too.

I personally would take a good 'ol 427 for the better looks alone. This is a bit too OTT.

No arguing about the power, though. Thats one MUTHA of a car.
Old 6th April 2006, 22:10   #6
Senior - BHPian

That is SINISTER. Gotta agree with islero though, the scoop is too gawdy...something out of a drag-racing Camaro.

Otherwise...my my.
Old 7th April 2006, 01:57   #7
BHPian

1100 Horses... and street legal! WOW

Production is limited to 15... I wonder would what's the price tag on this monster?

Bugati Veyron's got competition...
Old 7th April 2006, 02:38   #8
Senior - BHPian

YUK!!! wouldnt consider it in a thousand years...much rather have a fully tuned venom viper or a vette or a skyline GTR...those things can easily be tuned for 1500hp and can easily give this thing a run..not my cup of tea..
Old 7th April 2006, 03:08   #9
Senior - BHPian

I think the car looks cool, retro looks with newage performance...dats what a sleeper is all about!!! Any performance figures on this??

p.s: Wonder how that wind shield would stay in place at high speeds...!!!
Old 7th April 2006, 09:30   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaPilot

Bugati Veyron's got competition...

This cannot be considered competition. It is a caricature at best, thats all I have to say.

Call the CCX competition, and then I'll say you are absolutely right.
Old 7th April 2006, 09:39   #11
SRK
Senior - BHPian

Wow! can say anyhting about the driver.
Yes the car looks a little bad with those huge scoops.
One more thing how is the driver going to see the road with those scoops there??
Old 7th April 2006, 10:06   #12
BHPian

Wow....

And to think that it delivers all that torque at just 5,600 rpm, and all that power at 8000 rpm? Man...these Germans always try to reach for the skies and succeed!

Amazing technology...wonder what the driveshafts must be of...maybe GRANITE
Old 7th April 2006, 10:38   #13
Jay
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRK
Yes the car looks a little bad with those huge scoops.
agree with you SRK.... i liked the exhaust... the car looks fine apart from the hood scoop... what amazing power, and the torque is mind blowing... price ???
Old 7th April 2006, 12:30   #14
BHPian

Mate...its not always about how big the motor is or how fast the car is in a straight line...its about how the power is transfered to the wheels..in simple words....look up the NISMO R34 Z - TUNE on google...you'll see what i am talking about....these things are rarer that a Veyron...only 20 in the world...leaving life unfullfiled....i've been blown away driving GTR's that have got tons of milage on them and the don't seize to thrill...can't imagine what the Z-TUNE would feel like..cheers!!

P.S: this is my first post...so did not want to experiment with photos..so please do the needfull and google it up guys...its worth it...
Old 7th April 2006, 12:40   #15
BHPian

OH...and i am assuming we are talking about stock production cars...so this in my opinion is one of the fastest... (a bored RB26 motor pumps it up to 2.8 lts...with a humble output of roughly over 500bhp...more than enough with the high tech ATTESA 4wd system...the GTR's made thier mark in the world by being the quickest production cars around the nurburgring track and finshed a lap under 8 mins...and the best bit was (is) it's still affordable !!!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks