Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th May 2012, 07:36   #16
BHPian

re: Jay Leno's got a Tata Nano--Video Included !!

Jay Leno's nano looks cool. Hope his rear will not get fired

Is it possible to redesign nano the same way?
Old 17th May 2012, 08:29   #17
BHPian

Well, isn't he the same guy who ridiculed one of our good old Indian community & their religious place?

People are quite funny with their behaviour. Once, their ridicule & on the other hand they do all these.

Nothing great about this. Feels like he is trying to compensate for the expensive mistake of ridiculing our nation and religions.

Last edited by nandans2005 : 17th May 2012 at 08:30.
nandans2005 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2012, 09:18   #18
BANNED

Unfortunately, it may not be street legal, so we will not be able to see it on the public roads.
Old 17th May 2012, 10:10   #19

Nano has changed the way small cars look.And I really hope that it changes the way of traveling within the city.I mean like Auto rikshaws should be banned and Nano should be in place of them. Here's what I saw the other day in Sampige Road,Malleswaram Bangalore. 'Rally Sports Edition' Nano
Is it the real deal or just another stickering fanatic?

Name:  ForumRunner_20120517_100843.png
Views: 3250
Size:  360.7 KB
Old 17th May 2012, 11:31   #20
Team-BHP Support

A humble Nano to his 100+ car collection! That’s pretty cool.
Here is the link to his famed garage: www.jaylenosgarage.com
Old 17th May 2012, 11:53   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
A humble Nano to his 100+ car collection! That’s pretty cool.
Here is the link to his famed garage: www.jaylenosgarage.com
Went through the website but seems like the Nano story has not been updated yet on his site (or I might have missed it somehow). Also it looks like the first Tata in his good collection.
Old 17th May 2012, 12:05   #22
BHPian

Nano looks quite nice with tri-color strips and alloys. Nano is probably the most significant Indian contribution to the automotive world and while it continues to get accolades from across the globe, it is quite sad that it has not got its due locally with many people trashing it for being a Tata (meaning Indian) product!
altius is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2012, 13:10   #23
Team-BHP Support

OT : Despite having our industries, products and standard of living almost on par with the western world, aren't we Indians still so damn proud when a westerner endorses our products!

India has some of the highest end cars around and I doubt the manufacturers or people from the country of that brand even bat an eyelid about it.

</OT>
libranof1987 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th May 2012, 17:43   #24
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
aren't we Indians still so damn proud when a westerner endorses our products!
Not really. We're happy because it's a part of Jay Leno's garage, and NOT because he is white, American or a westerner.

Jay Leno has amongst the most famous garages in the world. He is an astute collector and, more importantly, has sheer taste. His collection includes some of the best vintage, sports & muscle cars ever made. A Nano becoming part of such a highly selective garage is definitely a big deal.
GTO is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 17th May 2012, 18:05   #25
Senior - BHPian

He also has the Bullet in his garage (or garaaj). Would like to see what he feels about the car though.
srishiva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2012, 19:34   #26
Senior - BHPian

OK, I hope that the euphoria of a celebrity (that too a foreign one and with an enviable garage) is over now and I can put my comment. Somehow I don't feel that this car is either a gamechanger or a car which changes how the small cars look. Oh come on, we have much better looking small cars with much better engine or any other spec. Except for the price I don't think anything else is gamechanging about the Nano. If it was a gamechanger than by this time the game already would've changed and I don't think that anything like that has happened. If I have to call any car a gamechanger for Indian market then it was the Maruti 800 and definitely not the Nano. Not yet.
Anyway, just my opinion, Nano is just another small car for me, yes it's Indian but that's about it. So please don't flame me
kaushik_s is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th May 2012, 09:15   #27
BANNED

As rightly stated by kaushik_s the USP of the Nano is its price point. See the pandemonium when Tata drove it into the Geneva Motor show. Also, one comment after the Detroit Motor Show, 'The most talked about car was one which was not even there'. Before they all said it is impossible to make a car at that price point, now all are running after it. Of course the new entrants in this sweepstake may be better.
Old 18th May 2012, 10:54   #28
BHPian

Great to see this news. Nano might be the cheapest car in the world, but it has Character!! and loads of it. I would also love to own it some day. Love the stripes on Jay lenos car..
Old 18th May 2012, 13:04   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Not really. We're happy because it's a part of Jay Leno's garage, and NOT because he is white, American or a westerner.

Jay Leno has amongst the most famous garages in the world. He is an astute collector and, more importantly, has sheer taste. His collection includes some of the best vintage, sports & muscle cars ever made. A Nano becoming part of such a highly selective garage is definitely a big deal.
Rightly said GTO.We should take notice of the fact that the Nano is being appreciated around the world. Says a lot about the Indian automotive industry.
Had the experience of driving it sometime back and trust me it is a lot of fun, specially in the city.It a a quirkyness about it. Somehow I wish it turns out to get a Cult following like the Mini, fiat 500 or the Beetle.
It may not be the best car around but surely has attitude.
Old 18th May 2012, 13:11   #30
Senior - BHPian

Should he have waited for the 3cyl Nano?

Hope that he actually got the Nano for the purpose of adding to his famed collection only out of interest in the car and not for the purpose of representing India in a negative way.
1100D is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks