Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2012, 00:28   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: Jay Leno's got a Tata Nano--Video Included !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Relax, John.

1. I do not know Jay Leno personally. But, having watched umpteen automobile related videos of him, I can tell he's a genuine car enthusiast and atleast, with cars, he speaks his mind.

2. This is not the first time that the Nano has been raved about by a western auto expert. Autocar UK's tester has mostly positive things to say about it.
Now that you have said it, I am relaxed Mahendra, but read my highlighted points in your post please.

When our own Indian car mags give away COTY awards, we shy, take sides and say they are playing for money (I know they do), why should we get all excited about a guy who owns 17 Lambos and 9 Mclarens(9 McLarens) (just scratching the surface (thanks to google Jay Leno's Garage - Cars) and 'reportedly' adds the Nano to his collection (and when can we see this car parked among his exotics ?)? And this will be my last post here since I do not possess any great knowledge about car collectors and their whims.

Last edited by esteem_lover : 11th June 2012 at 00:30.
Old 11th June 2012, 11:40   #62
BHPian

He has not done this for publicity or money, for sure. Yes, he has been associated with JLR but his car enthusiasm goes way beyond that. Infact, the Tatas have note even promoted this news anywhere, either on their social media platforms or through press releases.

P.S.: Apart from the McLarens, Lambos and Ferraris, he owns a lot of "regular" cars as well. Heck, he also owns a Fiat 1100 Select!
Old 16th June 2012, 01:02   #63
Senior - BHPian

the detailed making of TATA NANO

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks