Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th May 2012, 14:26   #1
Senior - BHPian

Jay Leno's got a Tata Nano--Video Included !!

World famous talk show host and car collector Jay Leno adds a new car to his world-class garage, our very own Tata Nano!

Source
Quote:
Now Leno has added the world’s cheapest car – the TATA NANO to his enviable collection in his Garage. And that’s not all as Jay Leno made the NANO addition quiet an event with a typical Desi Flavour.

Dressed in an ornate Shervani designed by Manav Gangwani (Pairing it with Adidas Sneakers – Just last night I posted about pairing sneakers with formal suits. Deja Vu!), Leno kept the affair absolutely Desi and even had dancers doing the Bollywood jhatkas and matkas as the NANO with Tri-Colour stripes rolled in to his garage. The man bowed down in front of the world’s cheapest car with a traditional Namaskar. Wah Leno Wah!!
Jay Leno's got a Tata Nano--Video Included !!-photo.jpeg

Jay Leno's got a Tata Nano--Video Included !!-photo21.jpeg
I see a video coming soon.
Jay Leno's got a Tata Nano--Video Included !!-photo31.jpeg
Scorcher is offline   (27) Thanks
Old 16th May 2012, 14:40   #2
BHPian

re: Jay Leno's got a Tata Nano--Video Included !!

While doing away with the latka and the jhatkas, it is definitely something worth appreciating Mr. Leno for. Also noticeable here is the fact that several prominent people/celebrities around the world made fun of the Nano and ridiculed it when it was anounced, calling it everything but a car. But none can let go the charms of what Tata Motors have delivered in this cutely packaged 4-wheeler. I'm sure more and more people across the world would want a piece of this Indian engineering ingenuity. Love it, Hate it, but you just can't Ignore it.

What I'm not sure is whose achievement is greater - that Jay Leno got a Nano or that Nano got a place in Leno's garage.

Last edited by SankalpDesai : 16th May 2012 at 14:44.
SankalpDesai is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2012, 14:43   #3
Senior - BHPian

Interesting!!

Jay Leno is already involved in a lot of JLR promotion activity since Tata took over. He was the one who launched the XJ in Chelsea, they also arranged to have his first ever lap of the N'ring in an XKR.S, among the first ones to drive the under development CX75 Jaguar supercar etc..etc..

I think this would have been arranged through similar channels.

Last edited by shortbread : 16th May 2012 at 14:45.
shortbread is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2012, 15:09   #4
Senior - BHPian

Whoever the owner is, the car is looking mighty appealing in that white and Indian tricolour strips. Beautiful car!
rrsteer is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 16th May 2012, 15:09   #5
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Nice one, thanks for sharing! I've said it before and will say it again : The Nano has ATTITUDE! Many people have Mercs & BMWs in their garage, still they went out and got the Nano home. It's too cute, it's too innovative and it's too cool. That's very unlike the Maruti Alto. Or rather, can you imagine Jay Leno ever buying a Dacia Logan (another cheap car)?

One thing for sure...Jay Leno has just proven he has sheer taste.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SankalpDesai View Post
several prominent people/celebrities around the world made fun of the Nano and ridiculed it
The only prominent personalities who made fun of the Nano were heads of rival car companies BEFORE the car was launched. When Ratan Tata unveiled it, they shut up.

Last edited by GTO : 17th May 2012 at 17:36.
GTO is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 16th May 2012, 15:18   #6
Senior - BHPian

Great news indeed. TATA should feel proud about their accomplishment in making a car worthy enough to occupy the most famous garage in the world.
speedmiester is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2012, 15:33   #7
BHPian

That NANO looks smashing with Orange and Green stripes. Period!!

If I ever get a nano (which I may in a few months), I will make sure it is white, and has the same 2 stripes across it.

That besides, this will now be called "Leno ki Nano"
iceman7 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th May 2012, 15:47   #8
Senior - BHPian

Would love to see him driving that on Hollywood or Rodeo Drive. Does it mean it meets the pollution norms of California (or doesnt matter for special not officially launched cars)?

But a great idea for striping Indian colours
Old 16th May 2012, 15:51   #9
Team-BHP Support

Wonderul, I must say. Despite the response Nano has got, I consider one helluva creation!

Is the car an Indian version or customized for US conditions?

Tricolour stripes on the Nano - terrificly cool!
Old 16th May 2012, 16:06   #10
Senior - BHPian

The Nano is a clean and beautiful design. I love the simple and graceful lines of the car, it looks timeless.

The success of the design comes into perspective especially after seeing the hideous compact car designs like Smart and iq from far bigger companies.
Old 16th May 2012, 16:13   #11
Senior - BHPian

Cannot say exactly (if its a left hand drive LHD) from the pic since Leno has covered the baby at the right places with himself but on the first look IMO seems to be a stock Nano most probably. Also saw some where in the forum about Nano testing in a LHD avataar.

All said a done +1 on the fact that the tri-colored stripes look really cool and worth a collector item. Hope the video of the jig spreads like a viral and does some real good for the car's fortunes (if someones got hold of it do share). Recommend one buy one and trimming it up with similar decals before it is gone (hopefully not in a long time) and call it the Nano-Leno edition.

Last edited by girishglg : 16th May 2012 at 16:14.
Old 16th May 2012, 16:33   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post

Is the car an Indian version or customized for US conditions?
The roof color looks black, do they come with this scheme here ?
Old 16th May 2012, 18:48   #13
BHPian

Will watch this one for the kind of mods he comes up on this one. Lets see how far Leno takes the Nano in terms of beefing it up.
The Nano tricolore is looking awesome already. Very gorgeous. A good one would be the Nano SuperLeggara.
Old 16th May 2012, 19:02   #14
BHPian

Is this the first Indian car in his garage? Tata Nano deserves to be in that garage. I recently drove my colleague's Nano and I was pleasantly surprised. Definitely a great car (considering its price). Larger tires and better brakes would have been nice but there is no arguing the fact that the car will go down in history books as a game changer.

Sneakers with sherwani? He should have worn sandals with those twisted end. Hehe.
Old 16th May 2012, 20:31   #15
Senior - BHPian

My favorite stand-up comedian with one of my favorite cars.

The tricolour motif is beautifully executed (despite missing chakra!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SankalpDesai View Post
What I'm not sure is whose achievement is greater - that Jay Leno got a Nano or that Nano got a place in Leno's garage.
Leno is a multi-millionaire & can have any car he wants so.... no question, Ratan Tata can pat himself on the back (once again)

Last edited by Mpower : 16th May 2012 at 20:35.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks