Team-BHP - Revealed: 2013 F01 BMW 7 Series Facelift
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The International Automotive Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/)
-   -   Revealed: 2013 F01 BMW 7 Series Facelift (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/121101-revealed-2013-f01-bmw-7-series-facelift.html)

The facelift 7 series has made it's world debut today with few styling changes.

The headlights now look brilliant with the all-new LED daytime lights. They look slightly like the E60 model, which is not a bad thing at all. BMW fans were definitely missing them. Few styling changes to the tail lamps as well, just slightly more detailed than pre-facelift model.

The interior has been tweaked as well, new i-drive and optional B&O sound system. Can't stop loving the new Instrument panel, looks awesome, will also make it's way on the new F10 models as an option. Check the link for more details.

Source

Revealed: 2013 F01 BMW 7 Series Facelift-2013bmw7series06.jpg

Revealed: 2013 F01 BMW 7 Series Facelift-2013bmw7series23.jpg

Revealed: 2013 F01 BMW 7 Series Facelift-2013bmw7series15.jpg

Revealed: 2013 F01 BMW 7 Series Facelift-2013bmw7series41.jpg

Hi
Thanks for the update. Apart from everything else, love the console with digital speedo, etc. And way it changes information and even colour to match the mode/mood.

Those headlamps indeed look brilliant,but the reworked front bumper looks a bit fussy and somehow doesn't gel well with the overall design.

The new head light design looks like 'droopy eyes' to me. The front view, like the reaction one make after the remark "Yeah, whatever".:D

Yup, the new look does look futuristic.

1st look at the headlights and it looked quite similar to the one's on the Jaguar XJL, it makes the car appear like a python.

Another BMW "facelift" yet the boring design :Frustrati - the back is too similar to the current one, the front a little different but the grill - those Angel Eyes - they make all the cars in their sedan line up oh so similar! The instrument cluster looks nice, besides that - boring. I prefer the S class facelift - classy! Or a Jaguar, way better looking (IMO, personal opinion!).

Damn that meter console looks brilliant. But BMW are you not done with the drab , barely there updates. Adding LED's here and some bumper cuts there. Its getting boring and that rear looks hideous. You have a good car there dont kill it with your clinical updates.. Take a cue from AUDI and jaguar on how to make jaw dropping interiors and exteriors.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AyAn! (Post 2788688)
,but the reworked front bumper looks a bit fussy and somehow doesn't gel well with the overall design.

When I first saw a 7er, I looked :Shockked:. If it weren't BMW,I'll have thought it to be a pick-up truck. It's so massive!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecenandu (Post 2788708)
The front view, like the reaction one make after the remark "Yeah, whatever".:D

This! :uncontrol

@bigiron, exactly! I thought I was alone in thinking that BMW's have begun to lose aesthetic charm due to their outdated looks.

Somehow i feel the proportion of the grill to the lights is a bit off.They are trying hard to get the imposing looks of a bentley,jaguar etc.
Yes the BMW 7series does look huge and from certain angles good too.The headlight unit by itself does look neat.The rear is nicely proportioned.
But now its high time they come up with something more fresh and a tad bit different.
Okay Hardcore BMW fans no pelting stones at me for this one.Its Just a opinion.

Aside from the taillights (which is certainly an improvement but still not there yet), I totally dig. Classic and understated, just as the 7 series should be. Leave the gimmicks and over-styling for the 3er which is anyways targeted at the younger more hip buyer. Or otherwise there's the 6 GC with it's super snazzy design.

Am happy they stuck to the clean, conservative design with no major disappointments as such. Also i dont see how those coronas in any way resemble the E60 ???
The e60 had circular halogen rings where as these are more like the ones on the new 6 series and seemingly with LEDs. Dont see the similarity

I think an executive range bimmer should rather look understated and clean rather than loads of lines and curves. If possible, i would trade in for this at any give time, yes the others option in this segment maybe be better looking but this and the S-class in my opinion are the best overall.

PlatzdaTurbo: The design is not similar to E60, just the top eyelid which now houses integrated indicator is similar to the one seen on E60 models.

Quote:

Originally Posted by akshay1234 (Post 2921550)
It would be a couple of lacs more than the 6 series coupe. So expect it around 1.1-1.2 on road. I think the launch should be before year end.

:OT Any news on the 740d?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sahil (Post 2921596)
:OT Any news on the 740d?

You could expect this option with the next gen 7.
The 7 recently underwent a facelift and if at all, they would have introduced the 40d option around the same time. It would have also been just in time to counter the newly launched A8 4.2 TDi. Fact that they did not means we could expect the twin-turbo diesel 7 with the next gen me thinks.
Having said that we are slowly getting/going to get, some really delicious high end (read - VERY quick) options -
Along with the already existing 3 litre variants from Audi/BMW sedans ,all of which are in the low 6 range to 100 there is the Q7 4.2 TDi, 640d, A8 4.2 TDi and look at what we might just get in near future -
Cayenne S diesel / Audi SQ5 and if we get lucky then even the bi-turbo A6 & A7.
All these cars have a low 5 second timing to 100 and the mid range is even more ferocious
Future is bright ! clap: