Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2012, 20:38   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

The Iconic Queen Elizabeth's Diamond Jubilee - Glimpses of Her Rendezvous With Cars!

This year marks the coronation of the most iconic Head of State, none other than Queen Elizabeth. She has seen so many British Prime Ministers, US Presidents and other heads of state and government all over the world through her 60 years of reign.

A poem by John Read dedicated to Her Majesty!

Princess Elizabeth became our Queen on 6th February 1952, her coronation was performed on 2nd June 1953.

Queens Diamond Jubilee.

On this day, June the 2nd 1953,
Princess Elizabeth Alexandra Mary,
Became England's new Queen.
Her father King George the sixth,
Had sadly passed away,
She was 26,how hard it must have been.

Elizabeth was crowned at Westminster abbey,
Archbishop of Canterbury lowered the crown,
Of Saint Edward upon her head.
If her uncle Edward the eighth ,
Had not abdicated,
He would of been king instead.

With the eye`s of the world looking in,
On a princess so young and fair.
The hopes and dreams of a nation,
Was a heavy burden to bear.

Elizabeth became our Queen,
And Queen of far off lands.
An empire so vast and wide,
Were placed in such tiny hands.

With God there at her side,
And love throughout the land.
A princess became a Queen,
And made us so very proud.

The world,has changed so dramatically,
In her rein of sixty years.
But her loyalty towards the nation,
Has remained steadfast throughout the years.

Yes,I will be there tomorrow,
With thousands just like me.
To celebrate the life of our Queen,
On her diamond jubilee.

God save the Queen.

John Read 01/06/2012.

The pictorial "Queen Elizabeth And Her Cars Over the Years". Her Majesty is featured in some newer pictures driving her car!

The Iconic Queen Elizabeth's Diamond Jubilee - Glimpses of Her Rendezvous With Cars!-iconicqueen.jpg
The Iconic Queen

The Iconic Queen Elizabeth's Diamond Jubilee - Glimpses of Her Rendezvous With Cars!-queen-earlypicture.jpg
Coronation

The Iconic Queen Elizabeth's Diamond Jubilee - Glimpses of Her Rendezvous With Cars!-queen-prince-philip.jpg
With Prince Philip

The Iconic Queen Elizabeth's Diamond Jubilee - Glimpses of Her Rendezvous With Cars!-queen.jpg
Her Majesty

The Iconic Queen Elizabeth's Diamond Jubilee - Glimpses of Her Rendezvous With Cars!-oldimageprincesselizabethmargaret.jpg
Princess Elizabeth with Princess Margaret

The Iconic Queen Elizabeth's Diamond Jubilee - Glimpses of Her Rendezvous With Cars!-1952-accessionrollsphantom.jpg
The 1952 Rolls Phantom -Car during Accession

The Iconic Queen Elizabeth's Diamond Jubilee - Glimpses of Her Rendezvous With Cars!-1952-visit-tomaltaqueenaustinsomerset.jpg
Austin Somerset during her 1952 visit to Malta

The Iconic Queen Elizabeth's Diamond Jubilee - Glimpses of Her Rendezvous With Cars!-headcopleading-queensentourage.jpg
A head cop's car conks off -it is leading the Queens entourage

The Iconic Queen Elizabeth's Diamond Jubilee - Glimpses of Her Rendezvous With Cars!-4june1953queen.jpg
4/06/1953 A Royal Rover- Coronation Day

The Iconic Queen Elizabeth's Diamond Jubilee - Glimpses of Her Rendezvous With Cars!-1956presidentialfrontqueen-america-car.jpg
Car during 1956 US visit

The Iconic Queen Elizabeth's Diamond Jubilee - Glimpses of Her Rendezvous With Cars!-queen-n-prince-charles.jpg
The Queen and Prince Charles

The Iconic Queen Elizabeth's Diamond Jubilee - Glimpses of Her Rendezvous With Cars!-queen1950sny-tour.jpg
1950's US (New York) tour

The Iconic Queen Elizabeth's Diamond Jubilee - Glimpses of Her Rendezvous With Cars!-queenhotelvancouver.jpg
In the 1950's at Hotel in Vancouver

The Iconic Queen Elizabeth's Diamond Jubilee - Glimpses of Her Rendezvous With Cars!-royalcar.jpg
Royal Rolls at the Palace

Name:  ROYALTOUR_CAR_1959_E.gif
Views: 2891
Size:  188.1 KB
A 1959 US tour of the Queen

The Iconic Queen Elizabeth's Diamond Jubilee - Glimpses of Her Rendezvous With Cars!-queen1952rolls-wraitha-rareedition.jpg
Rolls Wraith used by her during her visit to Nigeria in 1952

The Iconic Queen Elizabeth's Diamond Jubilee - Glimpses of Her Rendezvous With Cars!-alaterimage-rollswraith.jpg
A later image of the rare Rolls Wraith used by her during her visit to Nigeria

The Iconic Queen Elizabeth's Diamond Jubilee - Glimpses of Her Rendezvous With Cars!-1950sroyal-car.jpg
A Rolls for her U.K. use

The Iconic Queen Elizabeth's Diamond Jubilee - Glimpses of Her Rendezvous With Cars!-1963melbournedaimler.jpg
1963 Melbourne visit- A Daimler

The Iconic Queen Elizabeth's Diamond Jubilee - Glimpses of Her Rendezvous With Cars!-queensrover.jpg
Queens Rover

The Iconic Queen Elizabeth's Diamond Jubilee - Glimpses of Her Rendezvous With Cars!-queenduke-edinburgbentely.jpg
The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh in a Bentley

The Iconic Queen Elizabeth's Diamond Jubilee - Glimpses of Her Rendezvous With Cars!-australia-tour.jpg
During her Australia tour

The Iconic Queen Elizabeth's Diamond Jubilee - Glimpses of Her Rendezvous With Cars!-tribute-toprincessdiana.jpg
Paying tributes to the Late Princess Diana

The Iconic Queen Elizabeth's Diamond Jubilee - Glimpses of Her Rendezvous With Cars!-queenelizabethdrivingcarthumb.jpg
Her Majesty at the wheel

The Iconic Queen Elizabeth's Diamond Jubilee - Glimpses of Her Rendezvous With Cars!-queenelizabethiidriving.jpg
Her Majesty driving a Range Rover

The Iconic Queen Elizabeth's Diamond Jubilee - Glimpses of Her Rendezvous With Cars!-queen_elizabeth_in_car.jpg
Again at the wheel

The Iconic Queen Elizabeth's Diamond Jubilee - Glimpses of Her Rendezvous With Cars!-queencarabu-dhabi-august-2011.jpg
The car used by her during her Abu Dhabi visit on display during August 2011

The Iconic Queen Elizabeth's Diamond Jubilee - Glimpses of Her Rendezvous With Cars!-princess-beatrice.jpg
With Princess Beatrice of The Netherlands

The Iconic Queen Elizabeth's Diamond Jubilee - Glimpses of Her Rendezvous With Cars!-queen-rolls.jpg
The Queens Rolls

The Iconic Queen Elizabeth's Diamond Jubilee - Glimpses of Her Rendezvous With Cars!-2012bentleymulsannediamondjubilee.jpg
The 2012 Bentley Mulsanne custom made for the Diamond Jubilee- Diamond Jubilee Edition!

In fact, Bentley has made 60 of these to commemorate the occasion!

Bentley honors Her Majesty's Diamond Jubilee with 60 special Mulsannes

(all pictures source google images)

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 5th June 2012 at 20:50.
anjan_c2007 is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 5th June 2012, 20:44   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Iconic Queen Diamond Jubilee-Glimpses of Her Encounter With Cars!

Another 2012 Bentley Diamond Jubilee Edition for the Monarch

The Iconic Queen Elizabeth's Diamond Jubilee - Glimpses of Her Rendezvous With Cars!-queensbentley2012.jpg

The car

(pictures from google images)

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 5th June 2012 at 20:47.
anjan_c2007 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2012, 16:21   #3
BHPian

Re: The Iconic Queen Elizabeth's Diamond Jubilee - Glimpses of Her Rendezvous With Ca

Im in London right now and got a chance to see the procession of the queen on 2nd june where 1000 boats passed through river thames.
I saw it standing on the westminster bridge.
It was too crowded but yeah I managed some pics. Will upload them in my travelogue when I write it or should I upload on this thread itself?
Old 6th June 2012, 21:07   #4
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Iconic Queen Elizabeth's Diamond Jubilee - Glimpses of Her Rendezvous With Ca

Great collection. I have a Land Rover book which shows various models of Land Rovers (later Range Rovers) used as the queen's entourage vehicles during her lifetime. Will try to scan and post some within a few days.
Old 8th June 2012, 11:36   #5
BHPian

I remember seeing pics of her sky blue colored rolls royce / bentley fleet on her visit to India, I think that was 1997 and the news clip read that the cars were flown all the way from UK for her India visit.
Old 8th June 2012, 13:49   #6
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

A great lady indeed. I have nothing but respect, awe and affection for her. To me she is England's greatest ruler and right at the top of the heap in terms of rankings of World Heads of State, ceremonial or otherwise. Indeed in her reign, how many Indian PMs of varying quality she has seen to come and go!

Last edited by shankar.balan : 8th June 2012 at 13:52.
Old 10th June 2012, 22:30   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

A few pages from the Illustrated, London, cover story on the Queen's Coronation during June 1953. I found no pictures of any Royal cars in the whole news story, but these are worth a glimpse.

(thanks to my late dad for preserving the copy so well, but I am sorry I could not scan the pictures and instead clicked them - scanning could have mutilated the magazine)

The Iconic Queen Elizabeth's Diamond Jubilee - Glimpses of Her Rendezvous With Cars!-dsc09422.jpg

The Iconic Queen Elizabeth's Diamond Jubilee - Glimpses of Her Rendezvous With Cars!-dsc09423.jpg

The Iconic Queen Elizabeth's Diamond Jubilee - Glimpses of Her Rendezvous With Cars!-dsc09424.jpg

The Iconic Queen Elizabeth's Diamond Jubilee - Glimpses of Her Rendezvous With Cars!-dsc09425.jpg

The Iconic Queen Elizabeth's Diamond Jubilee - Glimpses of Her Rendezvous With Cars!-dsc09426.jpg

The Iconic Queen Elizabeth's Diamond Jubilee - Glimpses of Her Rendezvous With Cars!-dsc09427.jpg

The Iconic Queen Elizabeth's Diamond Jubilee - Glimpses of Her Rendezvous With Cars!-dsc09428.jpg

The Iconic Queen Elizabeth's Diamond Jubilee - Glimpses of Her Rendezvous With Cars!-dsc09429.jpg

The Iconic Queen Elizabeth's Diamond Jubilee - Glimpses of Her Rendezvous With Cars!-dsc09430.jpg

The Iconic Queen Elizabeth's Diamond Jubilee - Glimpses of Her Rendezvous With Cars!-dsc09431.jpg
anjan_c2007 is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks