Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2012, 10:19   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Scoop: New Mini Countryman Coupe

Source: Carscoop

After the five-door Countryman crossover, Mini is now preparing a slightly sportier looking variant with three-doors and a more coupe-like roofline.

Believed to be named the Countryman Coupe when it goes on sale in the first half of 2013, the new Mini crossover will ride on the same wheelbase but will be about 13mm longer and stand 20mm lower than the five-door model.

Besides the sloping roof, the coupe will further differ from the regular Countryman by the rising waistline that finishes off with a completely redesigned rear end sporting unique tail lamps that break MINI's tradition of vertical units.

At launch, the coupe will be offered with the more powerful engines of the Countryman lineup including a 1.6-liter turbocharged four delivering 215bhp (218PS) and 280Nm (207 lb-ft) of peak torque in the all-wheel drive John Cooper Works model.
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop: New Mini Countryman Coupe-a1.jpg  

Scoop: New Mini Countryman Coupe-a2.jpg  

Scoop: New Mini Countryman Coupe-a3.jpg  

Scoop: New Mini Countryman Coupe-a4.jpg  

Scoop: New Mini Countryman Coupe-a5.jpg  

Scoop: New Mini Countryman Coupe-a6.jpg  

Scoop: New Mini Countryman Coupe-a7.jpg  

Scoop: New Mini Countryman Coupe-a8.jpg  

Scoop: New Mini Countryman Coupe-a9.jpg  

Scoop: New Mini Countryman Coupe-a10.jpg  

naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2012, 13:24   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Scoop: New Mini Countryman Coupe

Why doesn't BMW use this car and make a X 0.5 as Audi have a Q2 planned end of the year.
Old 20th June 2012, 15:14   #3
BHPian

Nice to see that Mini are following the trail of land rover. Many manufacturers such as Land Rover are creating coupe-like versions of their SUV's such as Evoque. Is it just to explore a new segment or do they Coupe SUV's have some practicality? I really like this concept but feels it to be a bit awkward! Now, After seeing this picture, I can definitely say that Now the countryman is a sure MINI as it seems to be a bit shorter than regular countryman enabling it to be a real mini.

However, Many a changes are there between Countryman coupe vis-a-vis normal countryman, the one change for which all of us Team-BHPians will opt is the Power Increase! I really hope this happens.

Keep revvin'
S@ndy

Last edited by S@ndy : 20th June 2012 at 15:15.
Old 20th June 2012, 16:44   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S@ndy View Post

However, Many a changes are there between Countryman coupe vis-a-vis normal countryman, the one change for which all of us Team-BHPians will opt is the Power Increase! I really hope this happens.

Keep revvin'
S@ndy
True. Expecting more to follow from other manufacturers too. But doubt whether they will introduce more powerful versions here considering the price for such a car.
Old 20th June 2012, 17:30   #5
BHPian

God, why don't they stop??

Does MINI have to make new models almost EVERY year? At least this car seems to look better than the awkward baseball hat MINI coupe.

I think the European models get a diesel heart for the MINI right? Why don't they bring that here? I'm sure many more people will buy the car then, even if the prices are high.
Speed.Demon is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks