Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2012, 14:04   #1
BHPian

Renault Fluence - Facelift - Scoop - facelifted versions spied

Mod Note: Team-BHP's Renault Fluence Review has been uploaded at this link. Please continue the discussion on the review thread. Thanks!

Now, we get you an official confirmation that the facelifted Renault Fluence will be launched at this year’s Paris Motor Show.
The new Renault Fluence will features an all new front fascia. Sources have also confirmed that the new design language, which previewed on the Zoe concept and executed on the new Clio, is expected to feature on the Fluence as well.
This would mean that the Fluence would feature a massive Renault Logo integrated in the front grill. Redesigned headlamps and bumper will also be a part of the facelift. The rear bumper will be unchanged but the tail lamps will feature a few tweaks.
As you can see from the image posted here, the 2013 Renault Fluence gets a makeover matching our description. The authenticity of this image can be questioned, but from what we read, a preview was held already to a select group of people in Europe.
Renault will also update the interior and engine line up, so expect new powertrains or tweaked motors to make it to the new Fluence. We will have to wait until the Paris Motor Show for some official details.

Read more: 2013 Renault Fluence leaks; Paris 2012 debut

Photos: Spied - 2013 Renault Fluence facelift testing

I am planning to buy fluence, no idea will this come to india or not? Any one any inputs.

Last edited by GTO : 30th April 2014 at 14:21. Reason: Link to review
kdeepakk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2012, 16:19   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

re: Renault Fluence - Facelift - Scoop - facelifted versions spied

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdeepakk View Post
I am planning to buy fluence, no idea will this come to india or not? Any one any inputs.
The low-volume Fluence has an extremely high import content. The CKD kits are imported from their plant in Turkey. Thus, if & when a facelift is launched abroad, it will soon arrive in India (or atleast as soon as Renault India runs out of CKD kits ).
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2012, 17:16   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
The low-volume Fluence has an extremely high import content. The CKD kits are imported from their plant in Turkey. Thus, if & when a facelift is launched abroad, it will soon arrive in India (or atleast as soon as Renault India runs out of CKD kits ).
GTO, Thats if they ever end up selling all the Fluence Kits that they have in stock here. It can take upto 6-8 months I assume.
Overall the facelift looks good and improves the 'daffy duck' look of the face.
nik_kapur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2012, 17:24   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
thanks GTO. Although I am surprised with an extensive plant in Chennai, the don't do more production of the Fluence. I guess they don't see much local & export demand for this - which could change with a local production and 20% lower prices.
Old 10th July 2012, 15:10   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdeepakk View Post
May be its because of the photograph angle, the RHS pic from the link reminds me of the Fiat Linea, specially the boot.
Old 28th October 2012, 19:34   #6
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

Some websites have reported about the update to the Renault Fluence for the South American countries: http://indianautosblog.com/2012/10/2...-latin-america.

COuld this explain the discount of 1.21 lakhs F-L-A-T on the E4 model of Fluence. Considering that the Fluence is completely a CKD, this should start reflecting in India models soon as well. Where is the CKD kit for India imported from? BTW, this update was showcased in a Mexican city. If the update were to be effective in India too, then I expect a fat discount on the outgoing model.

Any news on this?
Old 28th October 2012, 20:12   #7
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
Could this explain the discount of 1.21 lakhs F-L-A-T on the E4 model of Fluence. Considering that the Fluence is completely a CKD, this should start reflecting in India models soon as well. Where is the CKD kit for India imported from? BTW, this update was showcased in a Mexican city. If the update were to be effective in India too, then I expect a fat discount on the outgoing model.
If there is an update, its quite easy for them to bring it to India (being a CKD). The CKD kit for the Indian Fluence comes from Turkey.
Old 28th October 2012, 20:18   #8
Senior - BHPian

The problem with Renault in India at present with the flogging of the same engine. The Fuence needs not a facelift but a new engine or else finding a Fluence on the move would become a lot more tougher.
Old 28th October 2012, 21:11   #9
BHPian

I think one of the major problems of Fluence is the below average looking interior. When I TD'ed the car I really admired the build quality, ride and handling but what drove me off were the interiors. From outside the car is as elegant as it can be.
Old 28th October 2012, 21:32   #10
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilambuj
I think one of the major problems of Fluence is the below average looking interior. When I TD'ed the car I really admired the build quality, ride and handling but what drove me off were the interiors. From outside the car is as elegant as it can be.
Did you TD the E2 or E4 variant? I felt the E4 variant interiors are pretty good in its segment, on par the other Europeans like the Laura or Jetta. What I did not like is the overkill of beige (including the steering wheel).
Old 28th October 2012, 22:41   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Did you TD the E2 or E4 variant? I felt the E4 variant interiors are pretty good in its segment, on par the other Europeans like the Laura or Jetta. What I did not like is the overkill of beige (including the steering wheel).
+1 to it. I think that the Fluence has top shot interiors (E4 variant)

Not only does it have top build, fit and finish, but the materials used are also top notch. Almost on par with its 'Western European' rivals. Yes, that's what Renault folks like calling VW. And they generally aspire to offer similar levels of quality, at a cheaper price (to the VW group cars). So, in short, I don't know what you're talking about

To me, they are clearly better built than any Jap/Kor rival (including the much hyped Elantra). The Corolla/Cruze have the worst quality interiors in terms of the material quality.
Abhi_Automobile is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2012, 22:55   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
I actually TD'd the E4. I did not like a) the excessive use of beige b) the digital speedo-meter (just compare that to the civic and u'll understand) c) pretty basic looking music system
Old 1st November 2012, 19:39   #13
BHPian

Photo-gallery (Source: Autocar India). This looks even better from outside. The interiors look far better now!!

http://www.autocarindia.com/Gallery/...gallery,1.aspx
Old 1st November 2012, 19:48   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilambuj
Photo-gallery (Source: Autocar India). This looks even better from outside. The interiors look far better
Looks much better from all sides. Interiors look good too but I guess it will be beige-ified by the time it's launched here.
Old 1st November 2012, 19:53   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post
Looks much better from all sides. Interiors look good too but I guess it will be beige-ified by the time it's launched here.
If they do that, they will kill the prospects of selling this beauty here in great numbers. One can only hope they don't make such a mistake.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks