Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2012, 14:24   #31
BHPian

Re: Leaked:The new 2013 Range Rover!

Looks stunning. Loved the new alloy designs, though the tyres seems to be a bit low profile. The A pillars too are much narrower, perhaps to aid better visibility.

This one surely tops my SUV wishlist. Come on TML get us RR in India at saner prices.
Old 10th September 2012, 19:09   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monolithic View Post
I was one of the first to jump the "Oh-it's-a-Ford-Explorer". But my god, that's one classy car.
Please watch the video from 0:22-0:26, the way in which door get closed is different, looks like an electric assisted door closure, you can hear sound of a motor, I believe, when the door locks in to its position. Do you guys know anything about this system? Is it electric/hydraulic?

Last edited by ecenandu : 10th September 2012 at 19:15.
ecenandu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2012, 19:16   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecenandu View Post
Please watch the video from 0:22-0:26, the way in which door get closed is different, looks like an electric assisted door closure, you can hear sound of a motor, I believe when the door locks in to its position. Do you guys know anything about this system? Is it electric/hydraulic?
Rolls Royce also has the same or rather similar one, only the doors close from fully open. I guess it's electric.
Old 10th September 2012, 23:14   #34
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbir View Post
Thanks for confirming that the RR is not sharing a platform with the XJ. However, I will reiterate my point that the RR is now widely admired not because its capable off road, but as a symbol of wealth and prestige, an SUV equivalent of the S Class.

People in India swoon when they see a range rover badged vehicle because it indicates wealth, power, and high status, not because they are in love with what it can do off road.

PS. the look of those short sidewalls and huge rims makes me wonder how the RR will perform on rocks and rocky roads that require compliant sidewalls and lowered tire pressures.
You're absolutely right Habir.

But I think what dgupta is trying to say is that it has retained it's off-road capabilities while it appeals to the wealthy and powerful. Sure, the huge wheels and low-profile tyres will break with some moderate off-road driving. But with more competent wheels and tyres, I'm sure it can tackle tough terrain.

We know that 99% of them won't see any off-road action, at least in India.
Old 13th September 2012, 22:25   #35
BHPian

Mod Note : Team-BHP's Range Rover Driving Report has been uploaded at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the new thread.

here is a short design film by Mr Jerry McGovern (Design Director) for the new Range Rover

Last edited by GTO : 21st November 2012 at 14:16. Reason: Adding link to review thread
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks