Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2006, 14:36   #1
BHPian

Why Dubai has 6 Veyrons... and other such riches

A sheikh can do anything he bloody well pleases, including driving 407km/hour and anyway Dubai has plenty of tracks and highways where you can test this car to its limits. Oh and in Dubai it would take you 50 years of everyday driving before fuel would cost you as much as you paid for that car because fuel is dirt cheap here

Oh, and exotics aren't exactly known for their superior gas mileage People don't buy cars like that to drive them everyday. That's kinda why they call them weekend cars

Sorry but If gas money is a concern for you then I don't think you would pay for any sports car let alone a veyron . People who can afford Veyrons, can probably afford Yachts and private planes which cost several times their purchase price in upkeep.

You dont' see people cribbing about buying a yacht because of fuel prices....
thats why.... heheeehee.....
Old 19th April 2006, 14:43   #2
Senior - BHPian

You forgot to mention about taxes, duties and customs. If those weren't here, all the cars we buy here would be costing half of what we pay AND you'd be seeing a lot of stuff on the road.

Can't say that about the fuel prices.
Old 19th April 2006, 15:16   #3
BANNED

Dubai is a place blessed with all the goodies a man ever yearns for in his life.
And unlike some other countries, The local people (ok, most of them) quite behave well too.
Old 19th April 2006, 19:53   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon
You forgot to mention about taxes, duties and customs. If those weren't here, all the cars we buy here would be costing half of what we pay AND you'd be seeing a lot of stuff on the road.

Can't say that about the fuel prices.
Well said Gordon, i couldnt agree more...

Even with the duties and customs... folks in India buy these cars imagine what would happen if gov decides to relax these duties ok I will stop day dreaming now and get back to work.
Old 20th April 2006, 09:57   #5
BHPian

Only in Dubai

Old 20th April 2006, 10:16   #6
BHPian

GOOD ONE rankoz350
sheikh can only do it...

they just want to get noticed...
Old 20th April 2006, 12:20   #7
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak
Dubai is a place blessed with all the goodies a man ever yearns for in his life.
And unlike some other countries, The local people (ok, most of them) quite behave well too.
No offense, but except for the money, Dubai is a horrible place to be, especially if you're not arab or white.

I think before all else, man yearns for freedom and equality in life.
Old 20th April 2006, 12:23   #8
Senior - BHPian

No Boom, man yearns first for money. That is why there are so many Indians, Pakistanis, Bangladeshis and Filipinos there in the first place.
Old 20th April 2006, 12:25   #9
BHPian

but these arabs have great tast
e in exotics....be it girls or cars..6 veyrons just emphasizz that that point
Old 20th April 2006, 12:27   #10
Senior - BHPian

Let those oil resources run out and we'll see how many stuff they can really afford. Right now, they make others do the work for them while they live in glory...
Old 20th April 2006, 12:52   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik247
Let those oil resources run out and we'll see how many stuff they can really afford. Right now, they make others do the work for them while they live in glory...
It is true that oil is what has given the UAE its success, but it is the impressive vision of the late Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan and Sheikh Rashid, and the present, Sheikh Mohammad, who gave their people education and a modern economy and infrastructure.

When the oil does run out, the Emirates will have a prosperous, diversified economy, as today oil accounts for only 30 percent of GDP.
Old 20th April 2006, 13:04   #12
Senior - BHPian

I can't comment much on what the Sheikh's have done to their economy to improve it..but i still doubt how many Arabs are really educated. They need us Indians or other people to do the work for them. Thats why there are so, and i mean SO many Indians over there to work.

Without those Oil resources, most of the Gulf would have gone unnoticed completely....But then, they already have all the oil they'll ever need

Last edited by ported_head : 4th June 2006 at 22:34.
Old 23rd April 2006, 03:43   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik247
I can't comment much on what the Sheikh's have done to their economy to improve it..but i still doubt how many Arabs are really educated. They need us Indians or other people to do the work for them. Thats why there are so, and i mean SO many Indians over there to work.

Without those Oil resources, most of the Gulf would have gone unnoticed completely....But then, they already have all the oil they'll ever need, 'bloody arabs'
Indians go to DXB or Middle East to make fast buck "attributing to the currency exchange rates...." Arabs dont work on low profiles in UAE at least!

but those who dont know....sheikh mohammed is the architect (brain) of modern dubai....look at Burj al arab, Palm Islands, Jumeriah Beach Hotel, City Center, Cool infrastructure and comopolitan atmosphere.
Bet ya gyz, if these were as rigid as Saudis....modern DXB wd not have been what its now!

Also, if u talk to the top-brass, u'll get to know that every other arab goes to the West (and Best Univ) for studying. Majority of the arabs I've dealt with are all western educated and highly sophisticated. Obviously, u cant generalize....there are some "rickshawala type" arabs as well.
Old 23rd April 2006, 07:49   #14
Senior - BHPian

Arabs have billions of money invested in western stock markets, real-estate and companies. When the oil runs out, they will be comfortable for a long time to come.
Old 23rd April 2006, 09:45   #15
Senior - BHPian

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Abusive language – whether used directly or indirectly - is STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. A decent communication protocol must be adhered to. Foul language and use of abusive words/photographs in posts/avatars/signatures/topics is STRICTLY prohibited.

We advice you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further to prevent your account from being permanently disabled on this board

Last edited by ajmat : 23rd April 2006 at 10:27.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks