Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2013, 18:12   #226
BHPian

Re: 2013 MQB Skoda Octavia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohan Mathew A View Post
it will be worth the wait. The product seems to be clearly great, the clincher will be the price, if they fully discontinue the laura and launch all the variants in a go and price the top end at 17lk ex showroom them it surely will be a huge success. It is also rumoured that the new corolla could be launched around the same time, so i am hoping that competition and the dip in overall car sales will prompt skoda to price aggressively and then i hope i can find enough money to get one.
I doubt the price will start from as low as 12 Lakhs as that article suggests. I think, realistically, we can expect the prices to start from around 14 Lakhs, going up all the way to 17 or 18, which would still be very competitive. And like you said, with the car sales figures on the downward trend, and SIAM expecting this to be a another tough year for Automobile manufacturers, it isn't totally unrealistic to expect a good aggressive price, atleast for the initial few months after the launch.

Here's a question, if the pricing was right and within your budget, but only available for a limited period, say the first month or so, would you go ahead and buy it? I only ask because I have been asking myself the same question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohan Mathew A View Post
i check this thread daily to see if there any updates. keeping my fingers crossed
You and me both .
Old 14th March 2013, 11:05   #227
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny310c View Post
I doubt the price will start from as low as 12 Lakhs as that article suggests. I think, realistically, we can expect the prices to start from around 14 Lakhs, going up all the way to 17 or 18, which would still be very competitive. And like you said, with the car sales figures on the downward trend, and SIAM expecting this to be a another tough year for Automobile manufacturers, it isn't totally unrealistic to expect a good aggressive price, atleast for the initial few months after the launch.

Here's a question, if the pricing was right and within your budget, but only available for a limited period, say the first month or so, would you go ahead and buy it? I only ask because I have been asking myself the same question.

You and me both .
i doubt the price difference between base petrol and top end L & K diesel will be only 3 to 4 lakhs. it will be more like 5 to 6 lakhs. So either the starting price will be lower or the top end price will be higher

one thing i would definitely want to check out before buying is the rear seat ride. my wife's family has a MK 1 octy and she always complain about the back seat ride being too hard. Actually she hates it. If that being ok (not for me as i don't see myself sitting in the back if i buy a DSG octy) and the price being aggressive i will probably be willing despite the skoda ASS
Old 14th March 2013, 12:05   #228
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny310c View Post

You and me both .
+1 ; Me too. I've been following this car for a while now. However, you must also consider Jetta while considering Octavia. IT's available for a cool 2 lacs off. Since I have to take a decision in Aug/Sep, I can wait and watch.

Just don't too much into the pricing stuff that is published in many articles these days. Most of them are blanket statements without actual information. Just ignore them.
Old 14th March 2013, 12:19   #229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
+1 ; Me too. I've been following this car for a while now. However, you must also consider Jetta while considering Octavia. IT's available for a cool 2 lacs off. Since I have to take a decision in Aug/Sep, I can wait and watch.

Just don't too much into the pricing stuff that is published in many articles these days. Most of them are blanket statements without actual information. Just ignore them.
Jetta available at 2 lac discount? is this for diesels too ??
Old 14th March 2013, 17:31   #230
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by absynthguzzler View Post
Jetta available at 2 lac discount? is this for diesels too ??
This was true till last month from a Chandigarh dealer. NCR folks were also offering discounts in the similar vein. Don't know now as I plan to revisit the market only in July-Aug

Yes, this was on diesels. I already have a couple petrol cars, so am not looking for another one.
Old 17th March 2013, 19:11   #231
Senior - BHPian

The videos! Enjoy!
Old 18th March 2013, 09:07   #232
Team-BHP Support

Autocar UK’s review of the new Octavia 2.0 TDI.
http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/...t-drive-review

If the UK pricing is taken as an indicator, this should cost more than the Jetta.
Old 18th March 2013, 20:44   #233
BHPian

In the latest Autocar show on Bloomberg TV, Kartikeya Singhee of ACI mentioned that the Octavia will be powered by the same 1.4L TSI petrol engine doing service in the Jetta and a 2.0L diesel engine.

This is contrary to earlier reports which claimed that a 1.8 TSI will be on offer. I think it's a bit disappointing news for enthusiasts.

Last edited by MandarMax : 18th March 2013 at 20:50.
Old 18th March 2013, 21:46   #234
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Autocar UK’s review of the new Octavia 2.0 TDI.
http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/...t-drive-review

If the UK pricing is taken as an indicator, this should cost more than the Jetta.
0-100 in 8.3 secs for 150hp DSG TDI sounds impressive, more than a second faster than the current car which does 100 in 9.5. I hope they manage to match the current car's fun to drive nature.

I just hope they do not bring in the torsion beam suspension setup, not sure if they really have some multilink equipped variant, but it will be a real turn off for me. Keeping my fingers crossed for now, since this might be my Laura replacement cars few years later.
.anshuman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2013, 22:12   #235
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
0-100 in 8.3 secs for 150hp DSG TDI sounds impressive, more than a second faster than the current car which does 100 in 9.5. I hope they manage to match the current car's fun to drive nature.

I just hope they do not bring in the torsion beam suspension setup, not sure if they really have some multilink equipped variant, but it will be a real turn off for me. Keeping my fingers crossed for now, since this might be my Laura replacement cars few years later.
Yes, the reduction in weight also could have helped in getting those figures.

Regarding the torsion beam setup, I remember reading in an Australian website that it is standard (in Europe) for all the regular variants. The multilink setup will be available for the 1.8TSi and above (say vRS).
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2013, 11:32   #236
Distinguished - BHPian

Mod Note : Team-BHP's Official Skoda Octavia Review has been taken live at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the new thread.

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
I just hope they do not bring in the torsion beam
suspension setup, not sure if they really have some multilink equipped variant, but it will be a real turn off for me. Keeping my fingers crossed for now, since this might be my Laura replacement cars few years later.
That is one big concern. In the UK, all variants come with the torsion beam set up only. The 1.8 TSi is not available in the UK as they feel that with the 2.0 vRS option available, the 1.8 TSI would be rudimentary. In other parts of Europe, only the 1.8 TSI has the multi link set up. The vRS which is expected later in the year in Europe, will of course have an all independent set up.

Given that the 2.0 TDi is going to be the main engine for this car in India, I really hope they provide the multi link setup for this car. Like what VW did with the Jetta. Unlike the American model, the Indian cars get independent rear suspension.

Last edited by GTO : 3rd October 2013 at 13:19. Reason: Link to Official Review
Santoshbhat is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks