Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th April 2006, 18:20   #31
Senior - BHPian

Please accept a belated congrats from me Steer...
Old 28th April 2006, 18:35   #32
BHPian

Aaha, finally some real american muscle. Fantastic and congratulaitons Steer. I actually drove one of these beasts in Australia. acceleration is unbeleiveable. Well done I say.
Old 30th April 2006, 14:02   #33
Senior - BHPian

Update: No Coupe, we're sticking to the sedan because coupes have higher insurance rates and much lower resale values.

Will update gallery with pics of the sedan now that I have decided to stick to it.
Old 30th April 2006, 18:31   #34
BHPian

Congrats on you new ride mate...

but i think you need to get some of your fact sheet updated...

Holden Monaros aka Pontiac GTO are coupes...

the ones that were made in sedan forms were in the 70's

Your buy is similar to the Holden commodore SS which DOES COME with a 5.7 V8...supercharged if you go for the HSV version...

might wanna check out these sites...

www.holden.com.au

www.hsv.com.au

i dont mean to be rude or a smarta#@$...just wanted to point out a few misconceptions...

one of my best mates works at HOLDEN sales in Sydney and i keep getting updated...and manage to drive these monsters..ITS A TRUE BLOODED AUSSIE CAR...CANT GET THIS WRONG MATE..

here are a couple of pics from the 05 ausralian motorshow in sydney..

the HSV monaro 06..6 lit, supercharged!!!! based on the 05 V8 supercar..

and here is its heart

AND YES....THEY HAVE STOPPED PRODUCTION OF THE MONARO AND THUS THE PRICE OF THE SECOND HAND MARKET FOR THEM HAS STATED TO SKYROCKET!!

Last edited by R32_GTR : 30th April 2006 at 18:36.
Old 30th April 2006, 18:39   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R32_GTR
Congrats on you new ride mate...

but i think you need to get some of your fact sheet updated...

Holden Monaros aka Pontiac GTO are coupes...
Thank you - you're right. The Sedan version is called the Commodore SS - I guess I assumed there was just one model name since its the same engine in 2 and 4 door forms. Here it is called the Lumina SS or the Lumina SS Coupe - same engine, same name, different surnames. My post was based on the dealer's inputs and he isnt very far off the mark as its basically the same car.

Why do you assume that you sound mean or like a smarta#@$ ? Unless....

Last edited by Steeroid : 30th April 2006 at 18:41.
Old 30th April 2006, 19:48   #36
BHPian

Hey Steeroid....i didn't quite understand what you meant by "unless..."

so this is what i thought...

This might be OT

I was just a bit suprised about the post going on for so long before anyone coupe see what i was saying...and especially you, since you assumed and took the dealers marketing babble about chevys long history et al...(i say this because i have been listening to all this dealers #$@$ here, trying to palm off some junk)

i believe that every motor enthusiast must know the differences between their cars features that distinguish their cars from the others(car specs)...

(my lookout on things in regards to car ownership and pride....)

its all a matter of beliefs...

and can one please direct me to the FAQ link on "how to use the QUOTE feature?" on these forum things please.....

Last edited by R32_GTR : 30th April 2006 at 19:49.
Old 30th April 2006, 20:25   #37
BHPian

Steer congrats on your new car. Ultimate.. can only hope and dream of driving one like this at least in the near future. Waiting to see more pictures of the car.

Deepu
Old 1st May 2006, 08:55   #38
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat
Far cry from that Laguna that you had your eye on!!
A friends 6 months old Megane in singapore is giving majar problems - remember what you said about euro cars coming to hot countries. Lucky Aussie weather mirrors Dubai if not worse
Old 1st May 2006, 10:13   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat
A friends 6 months old Megane in singapore is giving majar problems - remember what you said about euro cars coming to hot countries. Lucky Aussie weather mirrors Dubai if not worse
It is marketed here as 'Engineered for the Middle East', with a brilliant ad campaign that can be downloaded in parts (TVC and Print Ads) from www.chevroletarabia.com Obviously its engineered for Australia, but who cares as long as it takes this weather? A/c is phenomenal and I have to turn the dial towards 'warmer' even in this weather with the fan @ setting '1'.

I have a feeling the seats are made for Aussie backsides, too - its too big and I cant seem to get a 'fit' despite my obvious weight advantage.

Getting back to the topic, I'm glad I didnt go for the Laguna as a couple of friends who went the Peuguot and VW way are now regretting their decisions.

@ our friend who was at pains to point out the differences between the Monaro and the Commodore SS - please be reminded that the Monaro is the coupe version of the Commodore SS. Not that it makes a difference - I prefer substance over form and the engine under the right foot is a substantial enough reason on both vehicles.

PS: ajmat - please see signature. I'm sure the Laguna wouldnt have resulted in THAT issue.

Last edited by Steeroid : 1st May 2006 at 10:15.
Old 2nd May 2006, 14:27   #40
Senior - BHPian

First of all - Congratulations, Steer on the new ride. And hope you have loads of fun driving it.
I came across this thread many-a-time on the forum main page. And each time I decided to skip it because the subject indicated some monster machine (10L, 500bhp) and I am not really into muscle cars.
Then, one day I again came across this thread with a "Last Post" by Steeroid, which made me look into the thread - because it meant that Steer had ended his brief self-imposed exile from the forum.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks