View Poll Results: Corvette Z06 vs Dodge Viper vs Ford GT
Chevrolet Corvette Z06 7 17.95%
Dodge Viper 14 35.90%
Ford GT 18 46.15%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2006, 20:59   #16
BHPian

The american snake for me ANYDAY! I've leched about that car since god knows when!

Godspeed.

Alok.
Old 25th April 2006, 21:40   #17
BHPian

in Top Gear they showed the Viper vs Airforce Mig or F16 (unsure which air force plane) accelerate from stop and the Viper was match to the Airforce plane for 2/3rds of the airstrip.
So for me its the Viper and being in the Gulf seen very few Vipers. the Vettes and GT's are quite common so talk of exclusivity and yes the Viper is my 1st choice.

also it has the SRT engine and
this is the engine driving the Tomahawk to an estimated 400mph. with a 0 to 100mph in 2.5 secs.

It looks even more "outstanding" than the the other two. I mean its physical appearance "in black" makes u take a second look and then a third and fourth and they u want to wait for a moment to appreciate the looks. My personal opinion.

Last edited by 2fast4u : 25th April 2006 at 21:50.
Old 25th April 2006, 23:23   #18
BHPian

Dodge Viper for me.(the name is freaky)
NOT
Ford gt cos its such a wannabe.
corvette is good... but i guess i've played enough NFS(pursuit series) so as not to like it.... Dam all they do is hunt me down when i drive fast :-)
Old 25th April 2006, 23:43   #19
Senior - BHPian

Has to be the Ford GT great shape, exclusivity and explosive performance. And come on if we are buying any of these its not going to be the first car obviously its a weekend toy so damn with practicality!! (Floating in dreamworld now!!)
Old 26th April 2006, 00:16   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fast4u
in Top Gear they showed the Viper vs Airforce Mig or F16 (unsure which air force plane) accelerate from stop and the Viper was match to the Airforce plane for 2/3rds of the airstrip.
Ahh Yes. The 'viper versus viper'. It was the USAF LM F-16 Fighting Falcon that the viper pitted against. At the luke airforce base in arizona (?) if i'm not wrong. And the Viper lived to strike another day! That vid made me love the SRT-10 even more!

A little nugget of info: The reason the Rt-10 was pitted against the falcon, was because the F-16's nickname is 'viper'! I found that really weird back in school! Why would they wanna steal the name of fthe Northrop YF-17 though.

SIGH!! I wish some rich uncle would write me that 500bhp reptile in his will!

Quote:
also it has the SRT engine and
this is the engine driving the Tomahawk to an estimated 400mph. with a 0 to 100mph in 2.5 secs.
You mean the Tomahawk cruise missile?!

Quote:
It looks even more "outstanding" than the the other two. I mean its physical appearance "in black" makes u take a second look and then a third and fourth and they u want to wait for a moment to appreciate the looks. My personal opinion.
I love it in its legendary red with white pin stripes only. Nothing else will do!

P.S. Does anyone have this video on 'em? If yes, I would love to have it!

Godspeed.

Alok.
Old 26th April 2006, 07:44   #21
BHPian

During that comparison, the F-16 was at its lowest throttle and if it had gone lower it would have had stalled. That's how they compared the Viper to it.
Old 26th April 2006, 08:26   #22
BHPian

Location: Windsor, Canada... But still a Bombay-Boy at heart !!!

Guess what folks, I'm the cousin and it was way more than tht. After series 7 of Top-Gear, Jeremy's Ford suffered so bad, Mechanically, tht in his words he 'cried to the chaps at Ford to take it back.' They have done a full-service on the car and returned it, for now.
Old 10th May 2006, 09:11   #23
BHPian

According to Top Gear's May 7,2006 episode, Jeremy Clarkson hasn't been able to ever complete a single to and fro journey in his Ford GT. It always broke down and the problems were of a different nature each time.
Old 10th May 2006, 09:42   #24
Senior - BHPian

but in all this i think Z06 is the true king, viper is too brute to drive, most of the people here pick the viper cuz it might gain a couple of points on the Z06 for the looks, but in reliability, comfort, pure power and best over all package the Z06 will trounce it by atleast 2x the number of points..

I have driven the Z06 and the Viper, Viper is too crude, powerful but still not as much as the Z06..plus it gets old really really quickly and i thank my stars the day i picked the vette over it..unfortunetly i couldnt get a Z06 cuz of all the mark ups..but still it was a much much better choice...[i just had to mention it after seeing the viper lovers here], I use to be in your club once, the viper "oh so great" club, but not any more, if at all it would be my weekend driver...for now the Vette is my daily driver..

GT is a class above but still is only few notched above the Z06 in power....

I cant believe the number of people picking a viper over the Z06..GT i can still get cuz of its super cool looks..but not the viper..

Last edited by 1Day : 10th May 2006 at 09:46.
Old 10th May 2006, 10:08   #25
Senior - BHPian

Viper lovers are a different lot. They know about the car's vices, but are so enmoured by the good things about it that they just dont mind.

The world would be a duler place without them, wouldnt it? Pointless but brilliant nevertheless.
Old 10th May 2006, 19:16   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by islero
Viper lovers are a different lot. They know about the car's vices, but are so enmoured by the good things about it that they just dont mind.

The world would be a duler place without them, wouldnt it? Pointless but brilliant nevertheless.
I agree, and I was in that lot until I actually got a nice couple hundred mile test drive in it..

believe me, I have been lusting over a viper for well over a decade and still do, I am not saying its a bad car, but there are much better cars..you will see when you drive one some day, its the same thing that happened to JC's JR whats his name?? when he drove the muira...boys dream episode..
Old 10th May 2006, 21:25   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Day
I agree, and I was in that lot until I actually got a nice couple hundred mile test drive in it..

believe me, I have been lusting over a viper for well over a decade and still do, I am not saying its a bad car, but there are much better cars..you will see when you drive one some day, its the same thing that happened to JC's JR whats his name?? when he drove the muira...boys dream episode..
but when u buy a Viper i aint going to drive 100 miles just a couple of miles with a kewl babe being the final accessory to add to the cars look. here in Middle East there ar more Vettes and GT's than u can spot a Viper. The Viper gets in to the Ferrari, Masserati, Lambo segment when its time to be rather GET "spotted".
btw no offence to ur Vette its another piece of sexy body work and the new butt makes me want my old alti to clip it.

Last edited by 2fast4u : 10th May 2006 at 21:27.
Old 10th May 2006, 21:25   #28
Team-BHP Support

Dodge Viper

MotorTrend did a camparo, a couple of issues back. i don't remember the result but i think they chose the Ford GT.

anyways, my choice is the Dodge Viper.

it isn't the fastest, or the best handling, or the most reliable car but i'd love to have one someday...
Old 16th February 2007, 20:27   #29
Senior - BHPian

GM's bigger, badder Corvette to launch in 2009

It is expected that in addition to a 95 horsepower boost over the current Z06 model, the limited-edition car will feature styling changes and a near-$100,000 price tag, although pricing has not yet been confirmed. General Motors Vice Chairman Bob Lutz has been in support of a more powerful Corvette since Chrysler debuted its 600 horsepower 2008 Dodge Viper at Detroit earlier this year.

"There is a distinct appetite for something beyond the Z06 in performance, beyond the Z06 in exclusivity and beyond the Z06 in price," Lutz is reported to have said last week.

Source:
Super-Vette confirmed, report says | Car News Blog at Motor Trend
Old 16th February 2007, 20:29   #30
Senior - BHPian

People have been snapping the Blue Devil's spy pics for quite sometime now. Nice to know that its finally coming.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks