Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene

Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2006, 12:09   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai
Coming back to the case in point, Tata is no holier than any other greedy corporate entity. Let's leave it at that.
No, I disagree that they are just another greedy corporate entity. What you have to say better be worth the beer.

PS: NDAs are meant to be to be taken seriously for the period that they are agreed on. After that there is no NDA.

Last edited by Steeroid : 31st March 2006 at 12:10.
Old 31st March 2006, 12:13   #32
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
No, I disagree that they are just another greedy corporate entity. What you have to say better be worth the beer.
That's a date. How about a 4th floor open terrace with 360 degree open sky on a starry night. You just have to drop in while you are on NH17.
Old 31st March 2006, 12:23   #33
Senior - BHPian

Samurai, just one question before your date. Are you talking about corrupt/greedy officials in a Tata company or are you talking about the corporate entity?

There is a big difference. No matter how holy and sacred your company is, there will be few greedy officials, who probably operate all their life in clandestine mode (hint: dig in "Purchase" departments to find some). But, whether Corporate supports such behaviour knowingly is another matter. Few corporates would hush up things and some won't. That is where the difference lies.
Old 31st March 2006, 12:27   #34
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135
Samurai, just one question before your date. Are you talking about corrupt/greedy officials in a Tata company or are you talking about the corporate entity?
Let me say SBU and leave it at that. I think this is OT now, let's get back to topic.

Last edited by Samurai : 31st March 2006 at 12:29.
Old 31st March 2006, 23:47   #35
BHPian

wat next

Quote:
Originally Posted by kausu
if all this is true then...hyundai is goin to go down the drain for sure...the thing is that i have a hyundai accent and i was thinkin of spending on it...like exterior and performance mods..but now am not sure if i should spend on it or sell it in time!!!!!!
then wat will b ur next car??
Old 1st April 2006, 10:20   #36
Senior - BHPian

I was always wary of South Korean companies, I thought they always make duplicate products of their neighbours (Japan) and sell it to the world at a cheaper price! And also appalled to see how they fooled countless Indians by selling a Tin box (Santro) for Rs.4 lacs+.
Old 1st April 2006, 13:19   #37
BHPian

Scary stuff this - should I buy a Santro now?

Old 1st April 2006, 14:52   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp
I was always wary of South Korean companies, I thought they always make duplicate products of their neighbours (Japan) and sell it to the world at a cheaper price! And also appalled to see how they fooled countless Indians by selling a Tin box (Santro) for Rs.4 lacs+.
Don't forget that the tin box u are refering is still one of the largest selling car's in india. These car's are bought by people who think of practicality and not looks. May be one or two may go wrong but not thousands of people who bought it.

You can have harsh personal views over any particular brand but do not openly criticize it.

Last edited by ksethuram : 1st April 2006 at 14:54.
Old 28th April 2006, 10:43   #39
BHPian

Is Hyundai doing another daewoo

"Hyundai head faces arrest over slush fund"

· Chairman suspected of embezzling £60m
· Public apology fails to head off prosecution

http://business.guardian.co.uk/story/0,,1763444,00.html

Threads merged as similar topic exists

Last edited by tsk1979 : 28th April 2006 at 10:51.
Old 28th April 2006, 12:50   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo
Till two days back I was wondering why Subbu left in such a huff wo any clear comments on his future plans or even a proper send-off from Hyundai. Now I know... Subbu obviously wanted to get out before the inferno started gulping down everything. Normally the news of a crackdown on a sysmbol of sovereign pride (like Hyundai is for SK) is not let out till things reach a pass. I am sure the internal problems and probes must have started at least a month before or even earlier. Subbu definitely knew all these because of his position and decided to call it quits when he finally knew that there was nothing left to salvage and that the news will now get out soon.
Zappo, Do you think Subbu leaving Hyundai now would immune him against misdoings when he was at the helm ( Assuming there were any wrongdoings)? We have lot of classic examples to disprove this though?
Old 28th April 2006, 16:41   #41
BHPian

Guys,

worst case if hyundai goes the daewoo way, who do you think will pick up hyundai-india.

My guess is 'chevy' will pick it up....what say guys..
Old 28th April 2006, 17:17   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkatrx
Guys,

worst case if hyundai goes the daewoo way, who do you think will pick up hyundai-india.

My guess is 'chevy' will pick it up....what say guys..
I will put my money on TATA.
Old 1st May 2006, 11:36   #43
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajay
Zappo, Do you think Subbu leaving Hyundai now would immune him against misdoings when he was at the helm ( Assuming there were any wrongdoings)? We have lot of classic examples to disprove this though?
Actually Subbu won't need any immunity. I mean, immunity from what? He did not do anything. The indian operation had nothing to do whatsoever with the slush funds and all... If Subbu left for the reason then it could only be to save himself from getting burnt from being in the vicinity of the inferno. Once a company goes down for these kinds of reasons those who are left out also suffer as all of a sudden they also become untouchables... kind of lepers whom people look at with suspicion. If anything Subbu wanted to escape that fate. And hence departed in a huff before it all blew up.
Old 1st May 2006, 12:45   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by w 12
"Hyundai head faces arrest over slush fund"

· Chairman suspected of embezzling £60m
· Public apology fails to head off prosecution

http://business.guardian.co.uk/story/0,,1763444,00.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by venkatrx
...if hyundai goes the daewoo way, who do you think will pick up hyundai-india...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksethuram
...I will put my money on TATA...

Yeah... makes sense... two of a kind...
http://www.business-standard.com/com...t=0&leftindx=1
Old 20th August 2007, 13:37   #45
Senior - BHPian

Worldwide Hyundai is having a real bad time now,with sales falling quite significantly,infact in their home market korea itself things are quite bad,so much so that they plan to stop manufacturing the getz there.

Only India saw an increase of 11 percent.

source:
Digital Chosunilbo (English Edition) : Daily News in English About Korea

Last edited by rahul_intlad : 20th August 2007 at 13:38.

Most Viewed