Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene

Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2012, 19:42   #1
Senior - BHPian

Lamborghini Murcielago LP2000-2 SVTT | The Stig

Say hello to the Lamborghini Murcielago LP2000-2 SVTT (that was quite short), nicknamed “The Stig” and as the name would suggest, this car develops a earth-shattering, mind-numbing, eyeball-popping 2000bhp which will all be directed to the rear wheels. Yes, it’s the twin-turbo witchcraft which is behind that out of the world figure.

The car, when it began was a run of the mill Murcielago LP670-4 SV, which in itself, is quite a quick car, then the brains at Covert Tuning Corp thought, “eh, why don’t we squeeze out some more?”.

I actually followed the project through the purchase and initial R&D (via certain automotive forums, of course), but then lost it somewhere down the line (the car is a 2010 make, so it took 2 years to complete). A while back, I did hear the project was complete and is undergoing final testing.

It seems, they’re finally going public with their creation. Still no high speed testing videos have been released, but I’m sure it’s all well underway.

Can’t wait!

Pic Source
Lamborghini Murcielago LP2000-2 SVTT | The Stig-2012lamborghinilp20002_1280x0w.jpg

Lamborghini Murcielago LP2000-2 SVTT | The Stig-2010lamborghinilp200021w.jpg

Lamborghini Murcielago LP2000-2 SVTT | The Stig-lamborghinilp200024w.jpg

Lamborghini Murcielago LP2000-2 SVTT | The Stig-lamborghinilp20002w.jpg

Lamborghini Murcielago LP2000-2 SVTT | The Stig-lamborghinilp200023w.jpg

Lamborghini Murcielago LP2000-2 SVTT | The Stig-2010lamborghinilp200022w.jpg

Lamborghini Murcielago LP2000-2 SVTT | The Stig-lamborghinilp200028_1280x0w.jpg

Lamborghini Murcielago LP2000-2 SVTT | The Stig-2010lamborghinilp20002w.jpg

Lamborghini Murcielago LP2000-2 SVTT | The Stig-lamborghinilp200022w.jpg

Lamborghini Murcielago LP2000-2 SVTT | The Stig-2010lamborghinilp200024w.jpg

Lamborghini Murcielago LP2000-2 SVTT | The Stig-2010lamborghinilp200023w.jpg
Scorcher is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 20th November 2012, 11:14   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Lamborghini Murcielago LP2000-2 SVTT | The Stig

I recently read about Bugatti developing a 1600 BHP version of the Veyron. It was followed by a news of a Ford GT generating 1700 BHP which was already eye-popping to read of. And now 2000 BHP is something out of the world. Speechless.

Do you have any info about the performance figures? 0-100 in 1sec?
Surely that figure is possible but only if the tyres could provide traction to that huge torque generated.

O.T - How come performance tuning houses are able to generate even more power(almost 1400 BHP more= power of 2 Murcielago) from the same engine even though the engine is designed for optimum performance by some of the best engineers in the world?

This is a general query regarding tuned Ferraris,Porsches,BMW,Mercs...etc
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2012, 14:44   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
O.T - How come performance tuning houses are able to generate even more power(almost 1400 BHP more = power of 2 Murcielago) from the same engine even though the engine is designed for optimum performance by some of the best engineers in the world?

This is a general query regarding tuned Ferraris,Porsches,BMW,Mercs...etc
Truth be told, despite the car being twice as powerful as a Veyron, and despite the speedo being recalibrated to 330mph (528kmph), I don’t see it annihilating the Veyron top whack.

Mostly because two tires simply CANNOT put 2000 horses down onto the road, also Veyron’s tires were specially engineered by Michelin to do such speeds, I don’t see any other tires being able to match that, unless it is running on all slicks.

Coming to the power output figures, I’d say you’ve got the wrong idea. Making a car which churns out a 1000 horsepower wasn’t Bugatti’s achievement, the Cadillac Sixteen did that way before Veyron. What Bugatti did was to create the world’s fastest production car and made it as simple and effortless to drive as an Audi. You see, that’s not as easy as it sounds, you take this LP2000 SV or the 1700hp Ford GT or be it any other fast car, even the McLaren F1, they will do that speed, while making a racket out of the whole thing and shouting to the world at the top of their voice…and then, the Veyron simply *whufff* past them without breaking into a sweat. That’s their achievement, effortless relentless power, which I’m sure won’t be matched by any other manufacturer or tuner.
Scorcher is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th November 2012, 15:13   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
Coming to the power output figures, I’d say you’ve got the wrong idea. Making a car which churns out a 1000 horsepower wasn’t Bugatti’s achievement, the Cadillac Sixteen did that way before Veyron. What Bugatti did was to create the world’s fastest production car and .......
You misunderstood my question. I wanted to know that when engineers from Lamby(probably one of the best) were able to extract 700 horses from the engine(they tuned it for the best performance, not economy) how is it that tuners have again bumped the power 3 fold to 2000 horses?

This question is valid for any tuned sports car, including bumping a stock Ford GT to 1700 BHP.
Old 20th November 2012, 15:56   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You misunderstood my question. I wanted to know that when engineers from Lamby(probably one of the best) were able to extract 700 horses from the engine(they tuned it for the best performance, not economy) how is it that tuners have again bumped the power 3 fold to 2000 horses?

This question is valid for any tuned sports car, including bumping a stock Ford GT to 1700 BHP.
There is only one word, Forced Induction (two actually ).

The engineers at Lamborghini extract the 670 horsepower from a naturally aspirated engine, the tuners could never vastly improve on that without a turbocharger or supercharger, or in this case, Twin-Turbo.
Old 20th November 2012, 17:01   #6
BHPian

2 wheels. This will be a 2000 hp go kart. How did they get rid of the 4WD system? I thought only crazy GT-R fans in Japan used to that kind of stuff. Is this a manual gearbox?
Old 20th November 2012, 18:04   #7
BHPian

Quote:

Completely agree to what Scorcher has mentioned, that in this case it is because of Two Turbo chargers.

Also what I feel is that even Lambos and Ferraris in stock form are not tuned to be at the 100% level of engine performance. They have to consider reliability, engine life, noise regulations, vibrations and also safety concerns. By safety concerns what I mean is that if Lambo is selling a car officially at 1000 bhp capable of let say 380 Kmph, they ought to design the aerodynamics, handling plus get there cars crash tested and stuff for that level of performance which is not easy. In case of a tuner, he does not need to meet these safety or reliability regulations, hence they are able to extract more power from the engines.
Rachit.K.Dogra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th November 2012, 18:38   #8
BHPian

Have you guys seen the video in which the Nissan GTR beats the veyron by 10 cars length in a drag? As we all know, that GTR was a tuned one + it had the 4WD system as well. My question is that, if the GTR beats the Veyron in a drag then why can't this Lambo beat the veyron? The LP2000-2 might not go as fast as the veyron but still, it can keep the Veyron behind for some time.

We all know the Veyron SS develops 1200bhp but, when Bugatti tested the W16 for the first time, it produced a M.A.S.S.I.V.E 3000bhp!
saadat1992 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2012, 19:02   #9
BHPian

Meet the owner of this insane beast.

Quite a collection he's got

Last edited by GTO : 21st November 2012 at 12:40. Reason: Embedding the YouTube video properly
Old 20th November 2012, 20:06   #10
Senior - BHPian

1,000 bhp is not that big a deal. It was being delivered out of engines as early as the 1980's. Group B rally cars (Audi specifically IIRC, on their quattro) delivered this. In terms of reliable usability, callaway delivered this with the sledgehammer. Only one car was built but by their testing and reckoning it was a reliable street vehicle and would have built to order if people had requested it.

The sledgehammer did 254.76 mph, which was 410 kmph. If it had ever been built to order it may well have had the record for fastest road legal production car for a long time.

In order for tuners to develop 1,500 to 2,000 bhp they just bolt on turbos and supers i.e forced induction. The thing is they don't need to worry about reliability and engine life, something manufacturers have to worry about, which is why they never get those kinds of figures, even though technically they have the know how to do so.
Old 20th November 2012, 20:29   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saadat1992 View Post
Have you guys seen the video in which the Nissan GTR beats the veyron by 10 cars length in a drag? As we all know, that GTR was a tuned one + it had the 4WD system as well. My question is that, if the GTR beats the Veyron in a drag then why can't this Lambo beat the veyron? The LP2000-2 might not go as fast as the veyron but still, it can keep the Veyron behind for some time.

We all know the Veyron SS develops 1200bhp but, when Bugatti tested the W16 for the first time, it produced a M.A.S.S.I.V.E 3000bhp!
In a quarter mile drag race I wont be surprised if this car beats the Veyron. Also designing a car which can beat a veyron in a quarter mile is not that tough as designing a car which can beat a veyron in a drag race and then go on to do comparable top speed. I am sure there will be many American Muscle cars which can beat the Veyron in a quarter mile drag race. But they would never be able to match the veyron in terms of top whack and drivability..
Old 20th November 2012, 21:18   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachit.K.Dogra

In a quarter mile drag race I wont be surprised if this car beats the Veyron. Also designing a car which can beat a veyron in a quarter mile is not that tough as designing a car which can beat a veyron in a drag race and then go on to do comparable top speed. I am sure there will be many American Muscle cars which can beat the Veyron in a quarter mile drag race. But they would never be able to match the veyron in terms of top whack and drivability..
Veyon is an engineering marvel, a breakthrough! The only road legal car that can compete with an aircraft (that too the world's fastest fighter jet), its an over engineered car, it's not a supercar nor a hypercar. It's a class apart. Ferraris, Lambos, Paganis, Koienigseggs hardly come close.
You simply cannot compare the Veyron with any other car on this planet.
Old 21st November 2012, 00:35   #13
BHPian

to make it 2000hp it probably cot the same as a new murci
Old 21st November 2012, 09:16   #14
BHPian

I vaguely recall copyrighting my name.

Good tuning job, though its a bit pointless with all that POWERRRR and two wheels. The ESP must be mad by now.
TheStig is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2013, 22:54   #15
BHPian

Superb!! Man jumping over this machine

Mods: Please move to appropriate thread if it does not belong here

Most Viewed