Team-BHP - Subaru vs VW - Advertising war. Hilarious!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The International Automotive Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/)
-   -   Subaru vs VW - Advertising war. Hilarious! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/12937-subaru-vs-vw-advertising-war-hilarious.html)

So, heres the scenario in the States.

1. VW uses the word "Fast" as a theme in its GTi advertisements.

2. Subarus retaliation:

3. VWs comeback:

Nice advertising war.. well, we had always had these war between the cola drinks here in India (Pepsi and Coke), but between cars.. that's really cool.. good wordings too.. rather than those stupid mimics in cola ads..

Slick ads, but are those real ads or someones photoshopped images?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rtech
Slick ads, but are those real ads or someones photoshopped images?

The Subaru one looks pretty authentic. Dunno abt the GTi one...

good find as usual GTO, this is a result of absolute cut throat competition.

shubbhi

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laxminarayan
Nice advertising war.. well, we had always had these war between the cola drinks here in India (Pepsi and Coke), but between cars.. that's really cool.. good wordings too.. rather than those stupid mimics in cola ads..

i agree with you that the cola ads for the television are piece of s*** but then i had seen this one pic where it says

"COKE"
2ND FLOOR

pepsi put up a similar hoarding and it read

"PEPSI"
Everywhere.

this pic is also somewhere on the official joke thread on this forum.

Shubbhi

Ha! Now we wait and watch what Subaru's going to come out with! Very interesting, and like Rtech said, slick!

Godspeed.

Alok.

The Subaru ad is real as it has been the subject of many heated discussions. Never seen or heard of the Golf response shown here, though....it may be a photoshop.

Photoshop or no photoshop, I liked that GTi advt. Perfectly hitting the nail on the head.

Quote:

Originally Posted by manaa45
i agree with you that the cola ads for the television are piece of s*** but then i had seen this one pic where it says

"COKE"
2ND FLOOR

pepsi put up a similar hoarding and it read

"PEPSI"
Everywhere.

this pic is also somewhere on the official joke thread on this forum.

Shubbhi

Lolz lol: thats really funny !

ash

Hasn't anyone noticed tht its not an actual photograph..... its definitely a photoshop job... dirstly the pepsi borad seems to be going over the rick....and it doesn't have the trees shadow.....unlike the coke board...nonetheless funny.

Hilarious to the core. However the GTi adv is definitely a photoshopped job. Nonetheless I am sure it is the handiwork of some GTi fan who decided to make the point with enough emphasis. lol

Awesome. Really funny.

hehehe... nice one GTO...

Nice find...

However, i don't see why these two carmakers are competing in the first place???

Both belonging to different segments.... VW could have done something similar to push its 4wd R32's...rather than the GTI...

The 2006 R32