Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2013, 13:43   #16
Senior - BHPian

re: 2014 Mercedes C-Class: Now officially unveiled (page 5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
At what approx pricing?
The price was not mentioned. I guess they would inform when the dealerships get the priceing and that would be closer to the cars launch, which i guess would be september.
Old 31st May 2013, 16:06   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post

According to Marcedes Dealership here the CLA would be available in the market by september this year. I for one was offered the CLA 45 AMG in september.
Wow ! That's really something !
So this guy offers you the CLA in Sep when Merc has not announced anything officially yet. And then he offers you the CLA 45 AMG which is the most unlikely to come to india at all.

My shock comes from the fact that mercedes has shown absolutely no interest in launching the A45 AMG even though its the Most popular A Class globally.

But now I'm suddenly excited. There is that tiny ray of hope that there will be an affordable and stunning looking AMG available sub 50lacs.
Old 31st May 2013, 16:52   #18
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebeem View Post
My shock comes from the fact that mercedes has shown absolutely no interest in launching the A45 AMG even though its the Most popular A Class globally. But now I'm suddenly excited. There is that tiny ray of hope that there will be an affordable and stunning looking AMG available sub 50lacs.
If i remember correctly, Hormazd Sorabjee in the scoop section of the Autocar show had mentioned that the A45 AMG would be launched sometime later this year!
Old 31st May 2013, 19:14   #19
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
So this guy offers you the CLA in Sep when Merc has not announced anything officially yet. And then he offers you the CLA 45 AMG which is the most unlikely to come to india at all.
I too have heard from reliable sources that the cla and the 45 amg's are coming.
Old 31st May 2013, 21:25   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I for one was offered the CLA 45 AMG in september.
Oh wow... CLA 45 AMG is claimed to get the most powerful turbocharged 4 cyl ever made - 360bhp from a 2.0L engine! And its a AWD too.
Old 31st May 2013, 22:06   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post

I too have heard from reliable sources that the cla and the 45 amg's are coming.
I really do hope the CLA 45 AMG is not a delayed launch like Merc's other AMG models.

And more than that I hope the fully loaded CLA is priced under 30L ex showroom. I would trade in my 320d any day for a CLA Diesel.. It is just so gorgeous.

Ay indication about price from your sources ?
Old 3rd June 2013, 10:54   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

My shock comes from the fact that mercedes has shown absolutely no interest in launching the A45 AMG even though its the Most popular A Class globally.

But now I'm suddenly excited. There is that tiny ray of hope that there will be an affordable and stunning looking AMG available sub 50lacs.
Bluebeem i was offered delivery of my Audi S4 last october much before any announcement was made by Audi to bring the car to India. I also got delivery of my car a month before the Dealership cars came, which was in November. The long and short is the dealership Bosses know which car is coming when and do offer cars or lets say high end cars to certain customer before any announcement or launch of the model.

The A45 AMG is also on the cards but since they have not officially started delivery of the A180, Mercedes would rather promote these than get the AMG immidiately, i would hope that this car is also brought in by september or October.

I wont be too sure on the sub 50 lakhs for the AMG's as merc goes haywire with AMG car pricing.
speedy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2013, 09:17   #23
BHPian

Quote:

Bluebeem i was offered delivery of my Audi S4 last october much before any announcement was made by Audi to bring the car to India. I also got delivery of my car a month before the Dealership cars came, which was in November. The long and short is the dealership Bosses know which car is coming when and do offer cars or lets say high end cars to certain customer before any announcement or launch of the model.

The A45 AMG is also on the cards
Audi has usually been more aggressive in this department compared to the other 2 in terms of pricing and marketing new technologies / models.
Mercedes past record says its the slowest. But as I said I really do hope the CLA 45 AMG comes to india sooner rather than later and at a price lower than 40L ex showroom. That'll really be a game changer IMO.

On a separate note, I have been looking for an S4 review on tbhp but it's one of the few things we don't have on the forum. Would be great if you could give me a couple of ownership details?
1. What did it cost you?
2. What's the maintenance cost considering its a CBU.
3. How much time did the dealership take to get one for you.
Old 4th June 2013, 10:02   #24
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I really do hope the CLA 45 AMG is not a delayed launch like Merc's other AMG models.

And more than that I hope the fully loaded CLA is priced under 30L ex showroom. I would trade in my 320d any day for a CLA Diesel.. It is just so gorgeous.

Ay indication about price from your sources ?
Ive heard it'll be here towards the end of the year, don't know if it will get delayed, I hope not.

The fully loaded cla I too hope is priced around that mark, it will sell exceedingly we'll.

The prices will be around 60-65 on road I guess, after the new cbu taxes we can't expect a reasonably priced car here.
Old 4th June 2013, 13:17   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Audi has usually been more aggressive in this department compared to the other 2 in terms of pricing and marketing new technologies / models.

Quote:
Mercedes past record says its the slowest. But as I said I really do hope the CLA 45 AMG comes to india sooner rather than later and at a price lower than 40L ex showroom. That'll really be a game changer IMO.
Mercedes has been the slowest to react to the needs of the Indian market or even to get aggressive with marketing their product range. This is due to their India heads lack of vision and the laid back attitude of its a Mercedes and will sell. I remember talking to him at an event and asking about newer models that should have been brought to India and the answer i got was shocking, He said we are introducing the C class with sports kit and base model too. The CLA45 AMG would in my opiniun be above 45 lakhs ex showroom. The normal CLA would be in the 30 lakhs ex showroom range considering the A class retails at 25 lakhs on road.

Quote:
On a separate note, I have been looking for an S4 review on tbhp but it's one of the few things we don't have on the forum. Would be great if you could give me a couple of ownership details?
1. What did it cost you?
2. What's the maintenance cost considering its a CBU.
3. How much time did the dealership take to get one for you.

I am not into writing reviews, so there wont be a review by me. If the Forum members or Mods get their hands on one i guess they would put it up.
1. Since mine is a fully loaded car with German spec and is more exp than the other cars.

2. maintainance cost is not expensive at all. In 10k kms i have only spent 1200 rupees for oil, the first bottle was given with the car.

3. When i asked for my car it was not launched here, so the time frame of my wait is really longer than someone who wants to purchase the car. A friend of mine who also bought the car got delivery in 15 days for a pre configured car. If the dealership has no stock then roughly 3 months of wait.

Lets keep offtopic discussion for PM and not hijack another thread. Thank you.

Last edited by speedy : 4th June 2013 at 13:20.
Old 8th June 2013, 11:04   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Mercedes C-Class Hatchback/Sports coupe under development;

2014 Mercedes C-Class: Now officially unveiled (page 5)-mercedescklassesportcoup2016474x316c335221d3a2ed33a.jpg

This 5 door hatchback will compete with the Audi A5 Sportback & BMW 3GT .

Source: http://www.autobild.de/artikel/merce...--4237975.html

Last edited by karan561 : 8th June 2013 at 11:07.
Old 13th June 2013, 11:08   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Latest render of the new C based on a recent spy shot;

2014 Mercedes C-Class: Now officially unveiled (page 5)-7602448411153925942.jpg

2014 Mercedes C-Class: Now officially unveiled (page 5)-20629253621713661543.jpg

Source: http://www.worldcarfans.com/41306125...lass-rendering
Old 22nd June 2013, 16:15   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

A closer look at the the upcoming C Class;

2014 Mercedes C-Class: Now officially unveiled (page 5)-spyshotsnewmercedescclasslosessomecamo617667.jpg

2014 Mercedes C-Class: Now officially unveiled (page 5)-spyshotsnewmercedescclasslosessomecamomedium_5.jpg

2014 Mercedes C-Class: Now officially unveiled (page 5)-spyshotsnewmercedescclasslosessomecamomedium_6.jpg

Source: http://www.autoevolution.com/news-g-...9718.html#sjmp
Old 25th June 2013, 21:49   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

And caught testing again this time undergoing towing test in France;

2014 Mercedes C-Class: Now officially unveiled (page 5)-2015mercedescclassspiedinfrancerear.jpeg

Source: http://reporter.autoplus.fr/2013/06/...cedes-benz-4/#
Old 28th June 2013, 02:36   #30
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Oh wow... CLA 45 AMG is claimed to get the most powerful turbocharged 4 cyl ever made - 360bhp from a 2.0L engine! And its a AWD too.
I've heard of this claim too. So where does this leave the Mitsubishi EVO FQ400?

The sedan is extremely impractical and looks too Korean for my liking. I'd either get the A hatch instead.

Getting back to the topic, it's disappointing to see that Mercedes has settled on a design philosophy not too dissimilar from Audi and BMW. All the sedans are starting to look the same.
suhaas307 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks