Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene

Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2006, 00:05   #1
Senior - BHPian

Wanna see Enzo eat dust against an SLK??

We all know about this SLK, its that dubai based rally driver's SLK with SLR engine..but here you can see how it is against the all mighty Enzo..

SLKR vs Enzo

Enjoy...
Old 5th May 2006, 09:38   #2
Senior - BHPian

Damn I hate streaming videos especially when theyre nice videos like this. I prefer to download them outright.

No offense to you, 1day.
Old 5th May 2006, 10:11   #3
BHPian

Has anyone the topgear episode in whcih they race the Murci and the Zonda F? This is totally reminding me off tht one.
Old 5th May 2006, 11:39   #4
Senior - BHPian

amazin video dude..
Old 5th May 2006, 12:20   #5
Senior - BHPian

Not Murcie vs Zonda F, but Murcie vs Zonda C12 S.

I have that video, it toally rocks. Its the first episode of the revised Topgear. I caught the first day first show in India, lol.

And, much to my dismay, the Zonda wins that race by a country mile, and loses the track test troo.

Honours are restored to the Lambo later, though, when a track re-test of the Murcielago reveals a time better by about 6 seconds.
Old 5th May 2006, 12:56   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by islero
Not Murcie vs Zonda F, but Murcie vs Zonda C12 S.

I have that video, it toally rocks. Its the first episode of the revised Topgear. I caught the first day first show in India, lol.

And, much to my dismay, the Zonda wins that race by a country mile, and loses the track test troo.

Honours are restored to the Lambo later, though, when a track re-test of the Murcielago reveals a time better by about 6 seconds.
I have the video too, sorry for the zonda mistake, i knew that!

It was featured on the free vcd that came free with the november issue(if im not mistaken) of top gear india. Nice videos on it.
Old 5th May 2006, 13:00   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by islero
Damn I hate streaming videos especially when theyre nice videos like this. I prefer to download them outright.
Use VideoDownloader extension for Firefox to download such videos. Peace!
Old 5th May 2006, 19:56   #8
Senior - BHPian

Hey Islero/Tribute, can you get me that video, I havent seen that or may be I have and I am forgetting, but another looks wouldnt hurt..
Old 5th May 2006, 20:44   #9
BHPian

I have the vid with me ... just lemme know how i can share it ... may b MSN or so

Also the same sheikh, has managed to get his hands on another SLR engine and has thrown it into a Mercedes-Benz E Class .... now the one question the rest of the world is asking is where the hell is he getting the Engines from?

Last edited by SPEED_DEMON82 : 5th May 2006 at 20:46.
Old 5th May 2006, 21:11   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEED_DEMON82
I have the vid with me ... just lemme know how i can share it ... may b MSN or so

Also the same sheikh, has managed to get his hands on another SLR engine and has thrown it into a Mercedes-Benz E Class .... now the one question the rest of the world is asking is where the hell is he getting the Engines from?
You can buy create engines from AMG...they always make more engines than they make cars, because of possibility of bad engines...

also what i dont understand is..why he didnt goto brabus? they could have tuned his SLK55 AMG engine to be quicker than the SLKR???

also the cost of the engine and the car and installs was a little more than 1/4 of the cost of SLR, can you imagine, in 140-150k (thats it!!) less than an SL65, he got a car to beat the Enzo...now thats awesome...

abviously brabus would have taken 120k just for the engine alone, so it would have costed him more..but this made it just more exclusive and gave the car an edge..awesome cars..

i have seen the ELR ??

Last edited by Rehaan : 7th May 2006 at 08:55.
Old 5th May 2006, 23:23   #11
BHPian

^^^ Cool .... but from what i understand is that he has his own group of 'trained professional' engineers. He manages a performance tuning workshop there in Dubai - Bin Sulayem Performance .... so doing all this work on these cars ie installing the engines and then modding them to handle the astronomical power produced by the SLR engine, he definately is making a name for himself .... u know how these Shiekh's are ... i just love the way they think ...

Read all about this fanatstic piece of machine here : SLK55 SLR - Bin Sulayem Performance

Also, if im not mistaken, this sheikh is the same 'Rally Sheikh' who was once interviewed by Jeremy Clarkson for his show JC's Motorworld. They showed that then this person had the Ferrari F50, F40 Jaguar XJ220, some badass Porsche ....
Old 8th May 2006, 16:33   #12
BHPian

That is kick *** performance.....Im still wondering how that car would handle around a track....

To be fair to the Enzo he is revvving it to between 4000 - 6000 RPM.

They have also done the same with an E55 AMG.....it has a special limited slip diff and also the slr intercooler has been modified for better cooling to run more power.

For pics and writeup: http://www.exotixboard.com/t2914-the...rformance.html

Most Viewed