Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th January 2013, 14:41   #16
BHPian

re: PICS: Honda's CUV - India-bound?

This one carries an obviously heavy lineage from the Acura hut - probably in order to make the styling more futuristic and lend it a very urban appeal. Also I see fair amount of traces in there from its bigger sibling i.e. the CR-V. But all in all, gotta say very likeable.

I find it interesting that this compact crossover will share the platform with the Jazz. Wonder how that will impact the Jazz here in India. I would trust it'll be for the better. Have to wait and see.

All the same Messrs Ford, Renault and Maruti better watch out: tough competition seems to be coming your way.
Old 15th January 2013, 14:42   #17
BHPian

This is 169.3 inches long .. so this is in duster range. So this will be a 5 seater again. As for seven seater you need to be atleast 4.5 meters long.

Knowing the premium which Honda charges, the pricing can be in XUV range :(
Old 15th January 2013, 14:51   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasanthn21 View Post
This looks sharp, duster looks Macho! but plane jane! => John Abraham vs. Sanjay Dutt if I may say so!
:-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by manolin View Post
I would have loved them to have come out with a boxier attire.
Yes, SUVs are for men. They MUST be BOXY .
Old 15th January 2013, 14:54   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
:-)
Yes, SUVs are for men. They MUST be BOXY .
hehe! no. just to differentiate themshelves from the crowd.
Old 24th January 2013, 19:43   #20
Team-BHP Support

The compact-SUV segment is going to be a very nice place in the coming years. Every car maker wants a piece of the action. And that automatically means: Wider range of cars to choose from, for us consumers!

Here are some pictures and a video of Honda's new compact SUV concept that's based on the Jazz / Fit platform.

Source

Attached Thumbnails
PICS: Honda's CUV - India-bound?-hondaurbansuvconcept.jpg  

PICS: Honda's CUV - India-bound?-hondaurbansuvconcept2.jpg  

PICS: Honda's CUV - India-bound?-hondaurbansuvconcept3.jpg  

PICS: Honda's CUV - India-bound?-hondaurbansuvconcept4.jpg  

PICS: Honda's CUV - India-bound?-hondaurbansuvconcept5.jpg  

PICS: Honda's CUV - India-bound?-hondaurbansuvconcept6.jpg  

PICS: Honda's CUV - India-bound?-hondaurbansuvconcept7.jpg  

PICS: Honda's CUV - India-bound?-hondaurbansuvconcept8.jpg  

PICS: Honda's CUV - India-bound?-hondaurbansuvconcept9.jpg  

PICS: Honda's CUV - India-bound?-hondaurbansuvconcept10.jpg  

Last edited by suhaas307 : 24th January 2013 at 19:48.
suhaas307 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th September 2013, 14:07   #21
Senior - BHPian

Honda Urban SUV caught on video

Link to News Section

The Honda Urban SUV concept, which was first showcased early this year, at the Detroit Motor Show, will be launched at the Tokyo Motor Show. The Urban SUV has just hit the testing circuit at Germany, and there's a full fledged video to show for. From the video, it's clear that it is the Urban SUV that's being tested ahead of its year end launch.

The Urban SUV is based on the 2014 Jazz platform, and will share its underpinnings with the Jazz hatchback and City sedan models. Incidentally, Honda will launch the next-generation 2014 Jazz hatchback in Japan today. All three cars based on the next-gen Jazz/Fit platform will be launched in India. A 2014 India launch for the Urban SUV's production version seems likely.

PICS: Honda's CUV - India-bound?-honda-urban-suv-spyshot-1.jpg

The Honda Urban SUV could share its engine and transmission options with the next generation City sedan. So, a 1.5 liter i-VTEC petrol engine and a 1.5 liter i-DTEC turbo diesel engine could be offered on the new SUV. With a 4.3 meter length, the Urban SUV's dimensions will be much smaller than the CR-V crossover and likewise, the SUV will come with a price tag that's much lower than the CR-V.

PICS: Honda's CUV - India-bound?-honda-urban-suv-spyshot-2.jpg

Slated to be produced in India with a high amount of localization, expect the Honda Urban SUV to compete with the EcoSports and Dusters in the Indian car market. Honda will retain the center-tank layout and magic seats on the Urban SUV, hinting at a high level of versatility and spaciousness, traits of the Man-Maximum-Machine-Minimum Honda design philosophy.

PICS: Honda's CUV - India-bound?-honda-urban-suv-concept.jpg

Honda is on a revival of sorts, in the Indian car market, led by the diesel powered Amaze compact sedan. Diesel engines could dominate Honda's future launches in India, with the new Jazz, new City, Urban SUV and the Brio-based MPV, all being made available with 1.5 liter diesel engines.

PICS: Honda's CUV - India-bound?-honda-urban-suv-concept-1.jpg

Last edited by JayPrashanth : 5th September 2013 at 14:10. Reason: News Link Added
JayPrashanth is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 5th September 2013, 14:47   #22
BHPian

Honda urban SUV camouflaged prototype being tested

The Honda Urban SUV Concept was shown at this year’s Detroit Auto Show in January. The production version of the Urban SUV is due to be launched at the Tokyo Motor Show in November this year.

Watch the video of a camouflaged prototype being tested on Germany’s Autobahn.

http://automobiles.honda.com/urban-suv/

courtesy indianautosblog.com
Attached Thumbnails
PICS: Honda's CUV - India-bound?-hondaurbansuvconceptsidedesign.jpg  

PICS: Honda's CUV - India-bound?-hondaurbansuvconceptrearview.jpg  

PICS: Honda's CUV - India-bound?-hondaurbansuvconceptdashboard.jpg  

nskumar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th September 2013, 15:06   #23
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda urban SUV camouflaged prototype being tested

The back lights and the reflectors look a lot like the Detroit car. This looks to be nearing completion. If I remember correctly, the Urban SUV was to follow the new City, and this sighting means that the City must be very near full readiness.
Old 5th September 2013, 15:27   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh.sml View Post
Knowing the premium which Honda charges, the pricing can be in XUV range :(
But you may never know! Honda might surprise you the way they priced the amaze. Even if the car's price would be in Duster's region I think it would make it a good buy, considering it is from Honda.

It looks good and I think the craze for compact UV's are growing in India especially due to bad/cramped roads and to seat 4 people comfortably. Driving a big car is tedious in our country but the love for SUV's remain with most of us and hence the compact SUV's are providing the alternates.

There are few more details here along with some images: http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...pe-355901.aspx (source: autocar)
Old 5th September 2013, 15:36   #25
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 9th September 2013 at 12:36.
MaNishi is offline   Received Infraction
Old 5th September 2013, 16:34   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarScream View Post
...and this sighting means that the City must be very near full readiness.
But there hasn't been a single confirmed sighting of the new Honda City anywhere in the world. I doubt that City is near ready.

Honda seems to be more interested in on diesel versions of vehicles:
- Amaze (for the entry level sedan segment in India, already sold now),
- Jazz (premium hatchback segment in India) and
- Urban SUV (the Duster/Ecosport segment in India)

IMO, these three offer better potential for growth and sales volumes than the C2 segment at this point in time, and they can push it back for later. Also, City needs to have a diesel engine in the new version, and that engine will also be present in Civic in different state of tune. While they might be working on these, the above are the 'quick wins' so to say.
Old 5th September 2013, 17:07   #27
BHPian

Quote:
The back lights and the reflectors look a lot like the Detroit car. This looks to be nearing completion. If I remember correctly, the Urban SUV was to follow the new City, and this sighting means that the City must be very near full readiness.
Hi StarScream,
The new city is ready and should be launched around Diwali. A little birdy who works on the brand has seen the car at the Noida factory. As per him the city is a cracker of a car with all the bells and whistles and it’s a 1.5 diesel (from the Amaze) and looks a lot more aggressive than the current car but still looks the family. (no phones or cameras were allowed inside the factory so no Images)
dexter78 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th September 2013, 17:53   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tats07 View Post
But there hasn't been a single confirmed sighting of the new Honda City anywhere in the world. I doubt that City is near ready.

Honda seems to be more interested in on diesel versions of vehicles:
- Amaze (for the entry level sedan segment in India, already sold now),
- Jazz (premium hatchback segment in India) and
- Urban SUV (the Duster/Ecosport segment in India)

IMO, these three offer better potential for growth and sales volumes than the C2 segment at this point in time, and they can push it back for later. Also, City needs to have a diesel engine in the new version, and that engine will also be present in Civic in different state of tune. While they might be working on these, the above are the 'quick wins' so to say.
I agree that there have been no sightings, which is why I'm surprised the urban SUV has been spied first. But all stories that spoke of Honda's launch plans said the Brio MPV, Jazz and City will closely follow each other through 2014 and the urban SUV in 2015. Autocar reported that Honda has brought forward the launch of the City because they can't use the i-DTEC diesel in the existing car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter78 View Post
Hi StarScream,
The new city is ready and should be launched around Diwali. A little birdy who works on the brand has seen the car at the Noida factory. As per him the city is a cracker of a car with all the bells and whistles and it’s a 1.5 diesel (from the Amaze) and looks a lot more aggressive than the current car but still looks the family. (no phones or cameras were allowed inside the factory so no Images)
That is truly interesting news. I wonder why a test mule hasn't been spotted anywhere. This ties in with what a lot of reports have said. Considering that the Jazz and City are built on the same platform and that the former is ready, my guess was the City can't be too far behind.
Old 5th September 2013, 18:24   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I agree that there have been no sightings, which is why I'm surprised the urban SUV has been spied first. But all stories that spoke of Honda's launch plans said the Brio MPV, Jazz and City will closely follow each other through 2014 and the urban SUV in 2015. Autocar reported that Honda has brought forward the launch of the City because they can't use the i-DTEC diesel in the existing car.

That is truly interesting news. I wonder why a test mule hasn't been spotted anywhere. This ties in with what a lot of reports have said. Considering that the Jazz and City are built on the same platform and that the former is ready, my guess was the City can't be too far behind.
IAB have reported sighting of the same in Germany. Please refer below link to their report:

http://indianautosblog.com/2013/09/h...uv-spied-94702
Old 5th September 2013, 18:54   #30
Senior - BHPian

Looks very close to the original concept which was great to start with.
Im happy to see Honda's India revival as im a huge fan of their cars.
The urban Suv seems to more in the league of the first generation Honda CRV launched in India (2nd Generation overseas) in terms of size. The CRV has simply grown to become way too big for urban run arounds.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed