Team-BHP - PICS: Honda's CUV - India-bound?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The International Automotive Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/)
-   -   PICS: Honda's CUV - India-bound? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/130120-pics-hondas-cuv-india-bound-3.html)

Looks very futuristic and has a great stance.

Being a Honda it would fetch decent numbers for sure. Will be interesting to see the positioning of this given the sales decline of the duster which has shown a kind of price sensitivity after the launch of the Ecosport.

Hopefully this arrives soon.

It does look quite funky and the extra length (as compared to Ecosport) makes it look slightly more SUVish.
Any clues as to when can this be expected in India?

Very stylish and futuristic indeed! If the production version remains true to the concept then it has all the trappings of a winner! Being a Honda one can safely assume high reliability & quality and low cost of ownership. Bring it on!

The highlights:
- Designer looks; looks like a smaller CRV.
- Size does matter; 4.3m length ~ longer than the Duster/Terrano twins and much bigger than the small-Car Ecosport. With the legendary Honda packaging, I would expect it to have class-leading interior space too.
- Super-duper engines: both the 1.5s, the iVTEC and the iDtec are best in class in terms of performance and fuel efficiency.

The Pitfalls:
- Interiors; Honda have to be careful with the choice of materials and design for the interiors (dash, seats etc). Don't make them anything like the Brio/ Amaze, please Honda. If anything, let this be an improvement over the City interiors.
- NVH; let it be more in the league of the City; definitely not like the Brio/ Amaze.
- Suspension; if it looks like an SUV, please give it a suspension that makes it behave like one too!

Looks like it has a rear differential. Do you think the AWD version would come to India or would that make it very costly?

At Duster's prices, it would sell like a lot :) Supposed to go on sale in November in Japan is what I heard.

Honda's Urban SUV India launch by 2014 end!

The India-bound Honda Urban SUV will be locally developed in our country, and will sport high amount of local car components. The Honda compact SUV will compete against the likes of EcoSport, Duster, Terrano and the upcoming Hyundai's compact crossover. With the compact SUV, Honda will again present the best usage of the company's design philosophy of Man-Maximum Machine-Minimum.

http://www.cardekho.com/india-car-ne...-end-11191.htm

Here is the latest available picture of the new Honda;

PICS: Honda's CUV - India-bound?-hondamo.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarathlal (Post 3232669)
Here is the latest available picture of the new Honda;

That's a hazy snap of the new Brio Mobilo compact MPV, not the upcoming CUV.

Patent drawings of Honda's Urban SUV has been leaked to web. Now the car looks more practical.

Source:- Jokeforblog

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaxTorque (Post 3286099)
Patent drawings of Honda's Urban SUV has been leaked to web. Now the car looks more practical.

Source:- Jokeforblog

This car has the potential to be a segment killer when its launched in India. Cant wait for it to arrive here. I dont expect it here until next Diwali or even later. 2014 will be all about the City, Jazz and Brio MPV for Honda in India.

Whoa!! Looks stunning.

I am pretty sure Honda has killed the competition before releasing the product itself. I would say one of the best matured design in the urban SUV segment. Way to go Honda, Mahindra watch out.

Looks great. If they can keep up to this design, it's a winner for sure. But wish they would bring the rear door handle to the normal position. Being an urban SUV it will have a good GC and this position can be at a good height(unlike Beat) which can be pain for passengers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DragonHawk (Post 3286579)
Whoa!! Looks stunning.
I would say one of the best matured design in the urban SUV segment. Way to go Honda, Mahindra watch out.

The Honda Urban SUV is expected to be slotted between Honda Civic and CR-V. If that is the case, Mahindra need not to worry I think. Their products are positioned much below.

This looks awesome and with a honda badge, I am already sold on it. The late 2014 timing is a dampener 😒

It looks neat, well-proportioned and futuristic! clap:

Honda are all set to rock and roll in a big way. The Amaze along with the EarthDreams diesel brought them out of a prolonged forgettable period. With the new City, Jazz and this one sharing the same platform, and the Mobilio on the Brio/Amaze platform set to be launched one after the other, the future is indeed very bright for Honda in India.

The only dampener could be limited production capacity, but that should be sorted out when cars begin to roll out of their new Tapukara plant in Rajasthan. The other possible worry is that Honda may score a self-goal by over pricing some of their new products, and this could turn brilliant cars into sales duds. But I think they have learned a lesson or two on pricing, and wouldn't repeat their mistakes. Moreover, platform sharing and engine sharing should increase economies of scale and enable competitive pricing.

If they get their production capacity and pricing act right, there would be no stopping them. Toyota and Tata, with no new products in sight, would be pushed down effortlessly. Who knows, Mahindra may even lose its podium position for good.

Honda must simultaneously look to expand their market reach in smaller cities and open more service outlets in the larger ones. There is only one way they are going to go, and that is up. :thumbs up

Not very happy with the front looks, but side & rear are good. Quite a mini-CRVish to me (front).