Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene

Search this Thread
Old 13th January 2013, 07:03   #1
Senior - BHPian

Infiniti Q50 leaked on the web

Infiniti Q50 is leaked on the web apparently showing up briefly on the Infiniti Canada. It was taken down immediately but myg37.com was able to catch the pics. Was it intentional or will one of the IT guys from Infiniti be looking for a job on Monday?

I am pretty sure this will have polarizing opinion. It sure looks very very different from current generation G37. I don't dig the new moniker too. They should have stick to G37 or something else.

Detroit Show this year is gonna be very unique and special with so many new models debut scheduled in couple of days.
Attached Thumbnails
Infiniti Q50 leaked on the web-q50.jpg  

Old 13th January 2013, 07:54   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Infiniti Q50 leaked on the web

Both Infiniti and Lexus future models seem to be following the same design philosophy.
Also why wre they changing the name?

Q50? First i though it was the next gen of the QX SUV. Looks like the yrenamed all their models to 'Q'. I mean, c'mon model differentiating just by numbers?
Old 13th January 2013, 09:46   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
Both Infiniti and Lexus future models seem to be following the same design philosophy.
Also why wre they changing the name?

Q50? First i though it was the next gen of the QX SUV. Looks like the yrenamed all their models to 'Q'. I mean, c'mon model differentiating just by numbers?
Infiniti says they are having trouble getting good combination for other range that is G and M. So they decide to stick to just one letter - 'Q'

It is the most absurd naming convention i have seen in a long time.
Old 13th January 2013, 12:26   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelle View Post
Infiniti Q50 is leaked on the web apparently showing up briefly on the Infiniti Canada. It was taken down immediately but myg37.com was able to catch the pics. Was it intentional or will one of the IT guys from Infiniti be looking for a job on Monday?

I am pretty sure this will have polarizing opinion. It sure looks very very different from current generation G37. I don't dig the new moniker too. They should have stick to G37 or something else.

Detroit Show this year is gonna be very unique and special with so many new models debut scheduled in couple of days.
personally i think it looks great. . I am really going to be looking hard at this car come buying time later this year. The Q designation was done so that when Infiniti expands, the monikers wont get confusing. Read the press release by their new boss, he explains everything. At first i didnt get it either, but it makes sense now.

more pics can be found here: http://carstyleblog.com/2014-infiniti-q50-leaked/

Last edited by CaliAtenza : 13th January 2013 at 12:29.
Old 13th January 2013, 22:21   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliAtenza View Post
personally i think it looks great. . I am really going to be looking hard at this car come buying time later this year. The Q designation was done so that when Infiniti expands, the monikers wont get confusing. Read the press release by their new boss, he explains everything. At first i didnt get it either, but it makes sense now.

more pics can be found here: http://carstyleblog.com/2014-infiniti-q50-leaked/
Yes, i like it too. Love the interior. Hope they have increased rear legroom a little. I will have to see in flesh to determine how it looks. Right now it just looks like a mix of many designs.

As for the Q moniker, i do know the reason but it still kinda confusing.

What will happen to current cars that are in market? Like JX with become QX60, very similar to QX56 currently in market.

Attaching some more pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Infiniti Q50 leaked on the web-1.jpeg  

Infiniti Q50 leaked on the web-2.jpeg  

Infiniti Q50 leaked on the web-3.jpeg  

Infiniti Q50 leaked on the web-4.jpeg  

Infiniti Q50 leaked on the web-5.jpeg  

Infiniti Q50 leaked on the web-6.jpeg  

chevelle is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2013, 10:02   #6
Senior - BHPian

I just read about this. Really looking forward to this car coming out. IMHO the G37 is the only true rival to the 3 series, and the Q50 looks even better.

I really like the fact that they will continue offering a hydraulic power steering as an option for us enthusiasts!

Most Viewed