Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th January 2013, 18:34   #1
Senior - BHPian

Inside Koenigsegg: 9-Part Series by Drive

Drive are running an excellent 9-part series on Swedish hypercar manufacturer Koenigsegg.

Koenigsegg based in Ängelhom currently manufacture the Agera and the Agera R. Both are equipped with twin-turbo V8's putting out 927 BHP and 1100 BHP respectively. The Agera R does the 0-100 km/h dash in a blistering 2.9 s and is rumored to top out at a mind-boggling 420 km/h.

Inside Koenigsegg: 9-Part Series by Drive-koenigsegg-agera-r.jpg
Playing in the snow.

So far Drive have uploaded 4 of the 9 parts and they are extremely interesting, to say the least. Fascinating insight into what goes into making one of the fastest road cars, ever.

1. Teaser

2. Carbon Fiber Construction

3. Triplex Suspension Explained

4. Feels Like a Million Bucks

Will update this thread with the other videos as and when they are uploaded.

(Photo off Koenigsegg's facebook page.)
anekho is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 30th January 2013, 19:10   #2
BHPian

Re: Inside Koenigsegg: 9-Part Series by Drive

>>>

anekho,

Koenigsegg have designed hollow carbon fibre wheels and have shod the Agera R with it. Superb engineering skills.

However from an academic perspective, I am curious to know how well Koenigsegg products drive as compared to say the Ferrari F12 Berlinetta, the 'finessed' MP4-12C and the humbler 991 Carrera S.

Are you based in Gothenburg? If so, I'd like to get in touch with you maybe this summer.

Regards
Old 31st January 2013, 12:19   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by issigonis View Post
However from an academic perspective, I am curious to know how well Koenigsegg products drive as compared to say the Ferrari F12 Berlinetta, the 'finessed' MP4-12C and the humbler 991 Carrera S.
I think Koenigsegg have carved out a niche of their own. The cars are special in that they are extremely rare - even by supercar stardards. Driving a Koenigsegg is supposed to be quite an experience. An "assault to your senses" as described by this excellent Car and Driver video:

Quote:
Originally Posted by issigonis View Post
Are you based in Gothenburg? If so, I'd like to get in touch with you maybe this summer.
Yes! Sure, feel free to!
anekho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2013, 06:19   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anekho View Post
I think Koenigsegg have carved out a niche of their own. The cars are special in that they are extremely rare - even by supercar stardards. Driving a Koenigsegg is supposed to be quite an experience. An "assault to your senses" as described by this excellent Car and Driver video:
It is interesting to note that how a single man's vision gave nightmares to the Automobile giants such as Volkswagen.

I am really inspired by this man Koenigsegg, who with a company of just 45 Engineers; envisioned, created and manufactured a hyper car, which was fastest on the planet at that time.

Also, it is rumored that Agera achieved top speed of 380 kmph on a circular track , where Bugatti has managed to cross 400 kmph on a Straight line track. Could not clarify the authenticity of the statement though.
Old 6th February 2013, 00:48   #5
Senior - BHPian

Another spectacular video this week.

5. The Ultimate Test Drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koenigsegg220 View Post
It is interesting to note that how a single man's vision gave nightmares to the Automobile giants such as Volkswagen.

I am really inspired by this man Koenigsegg, who with a company of just 45 Engineers; envisioned, created and manufactured a hyper car, which was fastest on the planet at that time.
Yep, Christian Von Koenigsegg really is a special man and I admire him. A lot. I hope Koenigsegg remain an independent entity. I'd hate to see them be bought up.

--

Interesting fact: Koenigsegg attempted to purchase Saab in 2009.
anekho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2013, 05:42   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anekho View Post

Yep, Christian Von Koenigsegg really is a special man and I admire him. A lot. I hope Koenigsegg remain an independent entity. I'd hate to see them be bought up.

--

Interesting fact: Koenigsegg attempted to purchase Saab in 2009.
I read an interview with Christian Von Koenigsegg in Top Gear India magazine a year back, when Agera was launched in India. He said that there are several attempts by biggie automobile companies to acquire Koenigsegg, especially VW.

He was firmly determined that he will not sell Koenigsegg. Also, Koenigsegg is not publicly listed AFAIK and majority of the company is owned by him and his wife. Correct me if I am wrong. So it would not be possible to buy it unless Christian Von agrees.
Old 11th February 2013, 13:54   #7
BHPian

Why not explore a sixth generation aircraft design possibility by Koenigsegg?

To digress, I would love to ask Koenigsegg to design the sixth generation aircraft ( could be multiple role including air defence, air to ground and air to sea attack and air superiority) for the IAF.

Although manned aircraft and pilots are a dying breed but I expect manned aircraft to be around for the next 25-30 years.

Will our government do that?

Fat chance.

Regards
issigonis
Old 13th February 2013, 03:52   #8
Senior - BHPian

This week:

6. Inside the Brain of a Swedish Bombshell

Old 20th February 2013, 14:10   #9
Senior - BHPian

This week:

7. The Future of the Internal Combustion Engine

Old 27th February 2013, 17:19   #10
Senior - BHPian

Turned out to be a 8-part series - so here's the final video!

8. The 1140 hp Heart of a Hypercar

anekho is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks