Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2013, 22:00   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Ssangyong Motor’s Korando Turismo - 11 seater

Ssangyong Motor’s Korando Turismo - 11 seater-2014ssanyongturismorodius1.jpg

Image taken from the net, copyright - respective owners.

Quote:
Ssangyong Motor announced on January 15 that it determined the brand name of its new premium MLV model as “Korando Turismo” and will release it from next month. The Korando Turismo is a model that Ssangyong Motor developed under the project name A150 over the past two years.

Korando Turismo is a compound word created by connecting “Korando,” the longest-living automobile brand in Korea, with “Turismo,” an Italian word meaning travel.

The model was developed based on a concept of offering SUV’s performance, sedan’s comfortable driving, and MLV’s practicality. With a 4WD system, the Korando Turismo is capable of accommodating 11 passengers.
Read More::

http://english.hankyung.com/news/app...01301160818221

http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news...88_130060.html

From what Mr. Anand Mahindra tweeted, this car may make into India in the future.
Quote:
Check out our new 11-seater Korando Turismo.Will be featured in the ParisMotorShow.Am excited by its potential in India..
Adding a video of the car.

I really liked the car. Looks stylish and practical too. Seems an AWD version also is available.

PS:: I also see a different logo. A re-branding under work? The logo looks stylish too!
swiftnfurious is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 5th February 2013, 23:05   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ssangyong Motor’s Korando Turismo - 11 seater

Very interesting vehicle indeed. looks like it has been inspired by Merc GL class. I was looking for a interior layout shots to see how they can accommodate 11 seats as it looks like just a 7 seater. Probably the last 2 seats are side facing (even that makes it 9 seater)
Old 5th February 2013, 23:24   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Very interesting vehicle indeed. looks like it has been inspired by Merc GL class. I was looking for a interior layout shots to see how they can accommodate 11 seats as it looks like just a 7 seater. Probably the last 2 seats are side facing (even that makes it 9 seater)
Check the video to get an idea of it (from 0:13 to 0:16). I believe it has multiple seat configs. The 11 seater should be like this from the front to back : 2 + 3 + 3 + 3. In the video, it's shown as a 10 seater mainly : 2 + 2 + 3 + 3

I am wondering with just 2 doors (on one side), how people will get into all rows! Should be some acrobatics too!

I guess, to the second row entry could be from the driver / co-driver seat (like Sierra). To the 3rd & 4th row, entry should be like normal MPVs (Xylo / Innova / Ertiga.

For the 10 seater version, people should be able to get to 2nd row from the middle door too, since it's a captain seat config.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 5th February 2013 at 23:27.
Old 6th February 2013, 09:36   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Anand Mahindra, the head honcho of Mahindra & Mahindra – the current owners of Ssangyong – tweeted yesterday that he is excited about the Korando Turismo’s potential in the Indian market.

The Korando Turismo is a massive 11 seater MPV with 4WD. The only competition that we can think of is probably the Force Motors’ upcoming MPV which is based on the Mercedes Viano.

The bigger worry is the price. The Korando Turismo is a feature packed product that will mostly be priced on the higher side of 20 lakhs, quite possibly alongside or above the Rexton SUV.

How many would try a relatively new badge that commands a high price?

Old 6th February 2013, 09:51   #5
Senior - BHPian

Looks good and it might just be a niche product for our market. I don't see how a 4-5 person family going in for this offering though...However, if well equipped and priced on the higher side, it'll a favorite for hoteliers and luxury rent-a-van agencies.
Old 6th February 2013, 12:36   #6
BHPian

Dont see the relevance in our market. Even hoteliers may shy away from the vehicle due to its high price tag. The only purpose i can think of is airport shuttles. Even here, most clients would prefer the privacy of an innova or even the verito which seems to be ahit with its rear space.

As for a touring vehicle, think the force 'tempo traveller' offers much more space inside.

Do not get me wrong, I would like this vehicle to sell in India, but the big question is, is the market ready for a luxury taxi?
Old 6th February 2013, 13:55   #7
Senior - BHPian

"The Motor Report" is carrying this leaked picture of the Turismo.

Ssangyong Motor’s Korando Turismo - 11 seater-2014_ssangyong_stavic_leaked_020201.jpg

We Indians like Big things, when they serve a practical purpose. Comfortable 11-seater that too with a non-commercial look is definitely going to appeal.

Something tells me, this one is going to succeed.
Old 6th February 2013, 13:57   #8
BHPian

According to this video, it looks like the 2nd row entry is indeed like normal MPVs.

Old 6th February 2013, 14:08   #9
BHPian

In the event of being rear ended crumple zones seems to be the heads of the passengers on the last row. And why is the photo in the first post portraying a wider and lower stance?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks