Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2013, 22:43   #1
Senior - BHPian

2013 Nissan Pathfinder lands in Dubai

All new shape (similar to Infinity JX35) Nissan Pathfinder 2013 has landed in Dubai, yet to be formally launched.

Those who are in the market for a new SUV, wait by the end of this month for this.
Attached Thumbnails
2013 Nissan Pathfinder lands in Dubai-20130312_095640.jpg  

2013 Nissan Pathfinder lands in Dubai-20130312_095703.jpg  

2013 Nissan Pathfinder lands in Dubai-20130312_103251.jpg  

2013 Nissan Pathfinder lands in Dubai-20130312_103318.jpg  

Parm is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th March 2013, 22:49   #2
Senior - BHPian

re: 2013 Nissan Pathfinder lands in Dubai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
All new shape (similar to Infinity JX35) Nissan Pathfinder 2013 has landed in Dubai, yet to be formally launched.

Those who are in the market for a new SUV, wait by the end of this month for this.
Key thing to note is, the pathfinder is not a body on frame SUV anymore. Nissan has made this a uni-body CUV. So, the off-road capabilities (that a lot of people desire in the UAE), will be significantly diminished.
vineethvazhayil is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th March 2013, 22:57   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vineethvazhayil View Post
Key thing to note is, the pathfinder is not a body on frame SUV anymore. Nissan has made this a uni-body CUV. So, the off-road capabilities (that a lot of people desire in the UAE), will be significantly diminished.
Few older nissan pathfinder could be found in dunes because of its light weight and 3.5 litre engine.

The current pathfinder with its 4 litre engine was hardly seen in the dunes.

The choice of vehicle for offroad is Patrol and Xterra.

Pathfinder being more of family vehicle, the new 2013 has been given a monocoque body instead of body on chassis to make it more of a crossover on road ride.
Parm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2013, 11:31   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vineethvazhayil View Post
The Gen 2 Pathfinder (upto 2004) that was the favourite of many in the desert was also Unibody.

Nissan shifted to body-on-frame for Gen 3, and that was a huge offroad failure.

Therefore the fact that it is now unibody once again should not by itself impact its off-road capabilities - for better or for worse.

PS: There is a lot of talk going on on how much the profile resembles the Hyundai Santa Fe. Nice change from the cliche'd view that only the Koreans copy.

Last edited by Steeroid : 13th March 2013 at 11:37.
Old 13th March 2013, 12:40   #5
BHPian

What is wrong with these SUV manufacturers?? why is everyone drifting away from proper SUV design and adopting very soft, car like looks??

Just look at the previous generation Pathfinders, they had certain SUV appeal, but this new one just loses out completely on the design front!!

Image Source - Wikipedia
vinair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2013, 16:42   #6
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2013 Nissan Pathfinder lands in Dubai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
The Gen 2 Pathfinder (upto 2004) that was the favourite of many in the desert was also Unibody.
It is capable off-road, provided the off-road is not challenging. Perhaps it might work well on Sand rather than rocks and trails. Check this video review out.

Also, the Jeep Grand Cherokee, which is very off-road capable, is a unibody. So that really doesn't determine off-road capabilities, but this one is definitely meant more to be a 7 passenger family vehicle.

Last edited by vineethvazhayil : 13th March 2013 at 16:44.
Old 13th March 2013, 18:36   #7
Senior - BHPian

Carpoint-Australia review says that the SUV has lost its offroad-ability to some extent in the current avtar:

http://www.carpoint.com.au/reviews/2...MwJk5uZT0xNQ..
Old 14th March 2013, 01:26   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinair View Post
What is wrong with these SUV manufacturers?? why is everyone drifting away from proper SUV design and adopting very soft, car like looks??

Just look at the previous generation Pathfinders, they had certain SUV appeal, but this new one just loses out completely on the design front!!
SUVs have become more family friendly and less offroad friendly.

People now go for re-builds of old SWB vehicle or brand new specially just for offroading.

I have seen this trend of having a nice SUV crossover for a family vehicle and then a SWB vehicle just for offroading.

Well look at Indian SUV scene, what would be the % of people using their fortuners, endys etc for offroading?
Old 14th March 2013, 01:59   #9
BANNED

Softroader or not, the least they could have done was carry over the signature rear door handle of the Pathfinder.

Guess the little things get lost in the huge conglomerate that Renault Nissan has now become.

Cheers.
gthang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2015, 10:18   #10
BHPian

Hoping this thread is still alive.

My friend is looking to purchase the Nissan Pathfinder (in USA) and he is asking if this is a good buy (seems the deal is better). Personally, I am not a big fan of Nissan and therefore wanted to reach out to the community and get feedback. He is likely to do occasional soft offroading since he is heavily into wildlife photography. Reasonable comfort and storage are also welcome.

From what I gather from the forum, the pathfinder is like a family car and does not have good off road capability. Please advise.

Appreciate any feedback.
Old 28th September 2015, 22:22   #11
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeepg View Post
Hoping this thread is still alive.

My friend is looking to purchase the Nissan Pathfinder (in USA) and he is asking if this is a good buy (seems the deal is better). Personally, I am not a big fan of Nissan and therefore wanted to reach out to the community and get feedback. He is likely to do occasional soft offroading since he is heavily into wildlife photography. Reasonable comfort and storage are also welcome.

From what I gather from the forum, the pathfinder is like a family car and does not have good off road capability. Please advise.

Appreciate any feedback.
I own a Nissan Pathfinder 2015 Platinum, As per my experience, I can say it a good vehicle and comfortable, and can do bit of offloading, but not the real one, for Wildlife exploring in US/Canada and Snow/Winter conditions this is a good vehicle, He can also consider Ford Explorer, but both of these are slimier vehicle, however , Pathfinder has 4x4 soft lock (Not real mechanical lock) that provide enough traction on some conditions for get going.
Old 9th January 2021, 16:13   #12
BHPian

Rented a 2020 Nissan Pathfinder for a day, coinciding with the last winter weekend in the UAE.

The car had 2500 kilometers on the clock since being registered in November 2020. The one day spent with the car really changed my opinion from what i thought to be a mall-cruiser, mostly since the output from the 3.5L engine from the 2018 model onwards was upgraded from 254 BHP to 271 BHP (as much as Toyota's 1GR-FE pot found in the Land Cruiser and the Prado). On the overall, a really spacious fun and nice family car which does very well both in the city and outdoors.

2013 Nissan Pathfinder lands in Dubai-f1.jpg
2013 Nissan Pathfinder lands in Dubai-f2.jpg
2013 Nissan Pathfinder lands in Dubai-i1.jpg
2013 Nissan Pathfinder lands in Dubai-i2.jpg
2013 Nissan Pathfinder lands in Dubai-i3.jpg
2013 Nissan Pathfinder lands in Dubai-r1.jpg
2013 Nissan Pathfinder lands in Dubai-r2.jpg
2013 Nissan Pathfinder lands in Dubai-f3.jpg
With its younger brother and the family workhorse, the X-Trail.
2013 Nissan Pathfinder lands in Dubai-f4.jpg

Last edited by Abudhabicars : 9th January 2021 at 16:20.
Abudhabicars is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2021, 09:40   #13
BHPian

The new Nissan Pathfinder ​teased ahead of debut on February 4.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks