Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2014, 20:25   #16
gemi_kk

Re: Video : How Volkswagen tests its cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Apologies for bumping an old thread! Here's a recent video from VW showing how they build and test their cars:
Almost tempted.
Undeniably, VW makes the best good looking cars.

Sadly when it comes to service, they scare me like anything.
Loved it. Good presentation of what they are from VW. I would love to see VW providing service in the same way.

Old 12th February 2014, 21:06   #17
BHPian

There is no doubt that the VW cars are solidly built. This test proves that the build quality is unmatched. The point over here is that most of us are already aware of the supreme strength of VW cars; the only inhibiting reasons for people to look elsewhere is the SERVICE.

Once VW takes steps to improve customer confidence, it may not need to promote such videos to establish its product range.
Old 5th August 2020, 07:28   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

An insight to how VW tests its cars for corrosion protection and more:

Last edited by volkman10 : 5th August 2020 at 07:29.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th August 2020, 12:15   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

I always like seeing these video’s on car manufacturing. Very interesting and impressive. I have owned a number of VW over the years.

But these days whenever VW comes up, I keep being reminded of how badly they screwed up with their diesels. And even today, many VW owners are batlling it out to get some form of compensation from VW.

It is remarkable that it has, apparently, not dented their reputation much. Or at least not in the long term. And of course, when all is said and done, any VW is still a very good car. You can’t go wrong. But I still have that nagging feeling of these germans fiddling around with cheat software.

Jeroen
Old 5th August 2020, 12:47   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
An insight to how VW tests its cars for corrosion protection and more:
That is very impressive indeed! I understand why they are more popular than Toyota in many European countries.

I now wonder why they have a reputation to be unreliable here in India. Is it because they don't subject their Indian cars to such levels of quality control or is all the VW woes that we hear often is only due to their unreliable DSG and ASS experience while the cars themselves have bulletproof reliability?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks