Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2013, 21:50   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Audi A3 to be priced below 25 Lakhs, to be launched on 2014 says Audi India head!

Unlike the CLA, which is expected to lose quite a lot over the C class in terms of driving involvement and dynamics with smaller engines and FWD architecture, the A3 i feel with may not be as much compromise over the fwd A4.

Its cheaper cousins Laura and Octavia come the 2.0 TDI in 140hp tune as the main engine, so even A3 might come with the same engine. It will be interesting to see how they position A3 in relation to Jetta and upcoming Octavia. A3 shares a lot of parts with existing Laura and Jetta, even the brake pads i bought for my Laura some months back are direct fit in the A3.

Seems to a be interesting car to me, will be good to have more options in the segment. No doubt cheaper models are going to dilute the brand value for German Trio in long run, they all seem to be hellbent on gaining volumes. Audi with the A3 might have advantage in terms of localisation, as most of the components are to be used from existing parts bin.
.anshuman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2013, 02:29   #32
BHPian

Would be surprised if this does not canabalize into the sales of the A4. However on the plus side they do have the 17 to 35 bracket covered up comprehensively.

This would be of huge appeal to the executives settling for the x1 at the moment. No disrespect to the owners, just my personal opinion.
Old 2nd July 2013, 07:06   #33
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
Seems to a be interesting car to me, will be good to have more options in the segment. No doubt cheaper models are going to dilute the brand value for German Trio in long run, they all seem to be hellbent on gaining volumes. Audi with the A3 might have advantage in terms of localisation, as most of the components are to be used from existing parts bin.
While these cheaper models are definitely intended to be Volume generators, I would say to an extent that the 'novelty' value of any of these aspirational brands is now pretty much fading given their proliferation in the hands of the most alarmingly unlikely looking sort of blokes...alright, I am being a little snobbish and biased here so help me god!
Old 2nd July 2013, 07:34   #34
Senior - BHPian

Re: Audi A3 to be priced below 25 Lakhs, to be launched on 2014 says Audi India head!

This will be an interesting entry into the market for sure. They can expect some cannibalization into Superb/ Passat. And I must agree with Shankar's statement on the proliferation of luxury brands. My colleague was commenting that his five year old son, who has mostly seen only Jags/Merc/Audi/Beemers in Gurgaon was asking him why are there so many Marutis when he moved to Jaya Nagar recently.
Old 2nd July 2013, 10:58   #35
Senior - BHPian

If I were to put my Audi I would think twice for the Octavia. It will offer probably similar engines and also similar handling and driving pleasure at a lot lot lower price tag. So what you will really get is a beautiful looking car and a badge value by spending 10L more. IMO I would rather save the money but I am quite sure many would not bother.
Old 2nd July 2013, 19:53   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxyzen View Post
IMO I would rather save the money but I am quite sure many would not bother.
+1
Take the example of their A4, has a mediocre 140bhp engine compared to competition and a boring cvt gearbox, heck even the half price Laura would be more fun to drive but then a4 was a huge hit.

Those who care about snob value would go for the Audi only and i am sure this A3 would be a success at this price point. Audi products are more towards mass market unlike Bmw which caters to enthusiasts.
Old 2nd July 2013, 20:22   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Audi lifts the veils off the MQB-based A3 and S3 sedans

In the meanwhile the Audi S3 already spotted testing on the streets of China

Audi lifts the veils off the MQB-based A3 and S3 sedans-audis3sedanchina1458x327.jpg

Audi lifts the veils off the MQB-based A3 and S3 sedans-audis3sedanchina2458x327.jpg

Source: http://www.carnewschina.com/2013/06/...ting-in-china/
Old 14th October 2013, 21:50   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Audi Releases New A3 Saloon Promo -Video.

This promo clip is actually a commercial for the UK market, judging from the "Saloon" name of the car and a few other details. Crisp LED headlights and a sleek body should set it apart from its lesser competition.

Old 19th February 2014, 20:56   #39
Senior - BHPian

Audi S3 Cabriolet revealed ahead of Geneva debut

Hi all, Set to be presented in public for the first time at the Geneva Motor Show early next month, the new Audi S3 Cabriolet packs the same 2.0-liter turbo four as its fixed-roof counterparts which have 290 horsepower and 280 pound-feet of it but it ditches the extra doors and the tin top in favor of the two-door cabriolet bodystyle of the A3 Cabriolet.

Audi lifts the veils off the MQB-based A3 and S3 sedans-s3cabrio.jpg

Thanks

AD

Source: http://www.autoblog.com/
Old 20th February 2014, 14:22   #40
Senior - BHPian

Hi all, These are the pics of the rear profile and the interiors of the Audi S3 Cabriolet.

Rear

Audi lifts the veils off the MQB-based A3 and S3 sedans-audi-s3.jpg

Interiors

Audi lifts the veils off the MQB-based A3 and S3 sedans-audi-s3-int.jpg

Thanks

AD

Source: http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/audi/s3...n-content-area
Closed Thread

Most Viewed