Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2013, 14:38   #1
BHPian

The Honda Crider: New Sedan at Shanghai Auto Show 2013 *LEAKED*

New Honda Crider sedan is getting released in Shanghai AUtoshow 2013, the photos have leaked .
THere seems similarity between the Brio/amaze and now Crider, the concept is similar looks across different car models.
The Honda Crider: New Sedan at Shanghai Auto Show 2013 *LEAKED*-hondaconceptcproductionvariantisnamedcriderphotosleaked10.jpg
bullock-Car is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th April 2013, 14:48   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Honda Concept C: Crider released

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullock-Car View Post
New Honda Crider sedan is getting released in Shanghai AUtoshow 2013, the photos have leaked .
THere seems similarity between the Brio/amaze and now Crider, the concept is similar looks across different car models.
Attachment 1075393
The fluidic child of a city and an accord?
Its looking overly fussy. I know concepts are supposed to be , well , coceptual, but this looks like its incorporated all the suggestions in the box!
mayankk is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2013, 16:08   #3

Re: Honda Concept C: Crider released

The rear has stretches similar to Amaze and the boot seems to be curvy more like verna types rather than edgy.

The front AUDI like LEDs in head lamps looks it over crowded. Front grill looks really good, IMHO the best among existing Honda models in India.
Old 19th April 2013, 16:16   #4
BANNED

The Honda Crider: New Sedan from Honda at Shanghai Auto Show 2013 *LEAKED*

The Production version of the frequently spied(not in India) Concept C Sedan has leaked ahead of its debut at Shanghai Motor Show.
The Honda Crider: New Sedan at Shanghai Auto Show 2013 *LEAKED*-hondacriderfrontquarter.jpg

It slots in between the Civic and the Accord which is a fast growing segment in China.
It is expected to come with 1.8L engine & possibly even a 2.0 L engine later.

The Styling bears strong resemblence to the recently revealed all new Accord. albeit with a bit more height which also makes it look similar to some new Fluidic Hyundais It looks all right from most angles, but the front, especially the Grille looks a bit oddball IMHO. (Note to Honda: Look at your Accord, that is good styling).
The Honda Crider: New Sedan at Shanghai Auto Show 2013 *LEAKED*-crideer-vs-accord.jpg

The Honda Crider: New Sedan at Shanghai Auto Show 2013 *LEAKED*-hondacriderfront.jpg
The Honda Crider: New Sedan at Shanghai Auto Show 2013 *LEAKED*-hondacriderrearquarter.jpg

The Rear looks great with that angular styling.
The Honda Crider: New Sedan at Shanghai Auto Show 2013 *LEAKED*-hondacriderside.jpg

In India, it would probably end up where the Kizashi left. Do you think it would work in India? with a Diesel engine perhaps!!

Source||Via

Last edited by GTO : 19th April 2013 at 17:40. Reason: Done, merged
agambhandari is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th April 2013, 16:27   #5

re: The Honda Crider: New Sedan at Shanghai Auto Show 2013 *LEAKED*

The front grill looks like a mix of Brio/Jazz and the accord in the picture. Other angles look great though. However, without a diesel heart, there is no chance that this car will succeed in India ( i.e if they ever bring it ).
Old 19th April 2013, 17:41   #6
GTO
Team-BHP Support

re: The Honda Crider: New Sedan at Shanghai Auto Show 2013 *LEAKED*

Mod Note : Similar Threads Merged. Main Discussion Opened
Old 20th April 2013, 10:06   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Honda Crider: New Sedan at Shanghai Auto Show 2013 *LEAKED*

Is it me objecting or has Honda really over-"blinged" the car IMO? Don't why but everytime I look at the pic, I feel like either is a chinese copy of Accord by local company or even poorer, somebody has tried to modify his Accord at some local garage.

The side profile looks good but seems like a mix of fluidic Verna, Cruze and Kizashi.
ashis89 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th April 2013, 10:53   #8
BHPian

The car is one step away from being called a Hyundai. That step is the front grill replacement and the rear H changed to H. I don't like over-fluidity (Eon) and this car makes me puke.
Old 20th April 2013, 11:42   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
Is it me objecting or has Honda really over-"blinged" the car IMO? Don't why but everytime I look at the pic, I feel like either is a chinese copy of Accord by local company or even poorer, somebody has tried to modify his Accord at some local garage.
+1 to that. This is real bad. If it were not for the H badge, it would easily pass off as a poor garish Chinese imitation of the fluidic Hyundai Elantra.

Front Profile = Typical Chinese crap
Side profile = Fluidic Hyundai Elantra
Rear profile = Merc E Class

Net Result = Some mating which went seriously wrong.

Last edited by longhorn : 20th April 2013 at 11:44.
Old 20th April 2013, 23:02   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post

The side profile looks good but seems like a mix of fluidic Verna, Cruze and Kizashi.
Designs of products for the Chinese market are typically overdone in terms of styling. Same product in India/ elsewhere might have lesser visual clutter, lesser chrome and more subdued styling.
What you are calling a mix, is a trend which motoring companies design for. Certain characteristics signify contemporary characteristics and are implemented in various permutations and combinations by different companies...hence the seemingly similar designs.
amitdan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2013, 08:14   #11
Team-BHP Support

This is a car specifically done for Chinese markets, designed locally and hence the loud styling. I will be very surprised if this makes its way into any other Asian markets. Apparently the design is inspired by dragon; wrong image to inspire a car design I say
Old 21st April 2013, 10:50   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn View Post
Front Profile = Typical Chinese crap
Side profile = Fluidic Hyundai Elantra
Rear profile = Merc E Class

Net Result = Some mating which went seriously wrong.
Totally agree. I see a mix of so many cars in this. Plus there is too much bling.
It seems a "fluidic honda" overall.

If honda does introduce this car in India, wonder where it will be placed? D1 segment? Then what about the new civic? C2 segment, replacing city?
Old 21st April 2013, 11:48   #13
Senior - BHPian

Horrible looking car - so garish with all that chrome and LEDs. The new gen accord looks so much better.
Old 21st April 2013, 13:44   #14
BHPian

Doesn't seem like a Honda from the design.
Its more of a mix and match of what we have already seen. Where the creativity and innovation ?

Lights similar in shape to the Altis, the bonnet having lines just like a Skoda, a fluidic side profile.
Plus this chrome crap all over. Typically Chinese !

All in all a major disappointment for me as far as the exterior looks are concerned.

Last edited by satyamkaushik : 21st April 2013 at 13:47.
Old 21st April 2013, 21:55   #15
BHPian

The front looks hidious :-(( Is this really from honda who brought civic which was way ahead of time?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks