Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2013, 14:35   #1
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai Fluidic Elantra facelift spied in Korea

Facelifted version of the fifth-gen Hyundai Elantra has been caught testing in Korea.

The visible differences include new headlamps with projectors, new BMW/Audi inspired tail lamps and exposed exhaust tips.

I believe the refresh should help it take on the new kid in the block, the new-gen Octavia (Laura) head-on.

Source
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Fluidic Elantra facelift spied in Korea-hyundaielantrafaceliftspyfront.jpg  

Hyundai Fluidic Elantra facelift spied in Korea-hyundaielantrafaceliftspyheadlamps.jpg  

Hyundai Fluidic Elantra facelift spied in Korea-hyundaielantrafaceliftspyrear.jpg  

Hyundai Fluidic Elantra facelift spied in Korea-hyundaielantrafaceliftspytaillamps.jpg  

Scorcher is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th May 2013, 10:12   #2
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Fluidic Elantra facelift spied in Korea

I see all-round parking sensors. Looks like Hyundai is planning to up the ante with more features with new avante!!
Old 6th May 2013, 14:27   #3
BHPian

Can't make out much due to the covering. Do anyone know when this will appear in the Indian market? Apart from the rear sensors, I also see front sensors. Now, thats very handy.
Old 6th May 2013, 14:47   #4
BHPian

uh, but wasn't the Elantra recently launched in 2012? why the sudden face-lift? i just guided a dear friend towards the Elantra (as we both loved the way the car looked and the tons of gizmos) and he in-fact paid his down payment for the car on friday of last week?

Has the car been around for so long, prior to the India launch, that it warranted the face lift?
Old 6th May 2013, 15:04   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSAM View Post
Has the car been around for so long, prior to the India launch, that it warranted the face lift?
Yes, the new Elantra was in Int'l markets since 2010. But need not worry, I don't see the facelift making it here in at least an year or so.
Scorcher is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th May 2013, 15:29   #6
Senior - BHPian

I wonder why they are trying to give a facelift to a car that is already the best-looking in that segment. I sincerely hope it does not turn out to be a damper like on the Civic.

But till we get a clear view, it may be best not to judge this issue.
Old 6th May 2013, 17:57   #7
MAS
Senior - BHPian

IMHO, the face-lift is very crucial for Elantra as in its current avatar, it looks too much like the Fluidic Verna. Good thinking Hyundai

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks