Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2013, 14:57   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Top Gear Season 20 - Fridays, on AXN

Top Gear Season 20 will air from June 30th with atleast 6 episodes. A new reasonably priced car to be introduced too. Curtains for Kia C'eed.
naveen.raju is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 27th May 2013, 15:52   #2
BHPian

re: Top Gear Season 20 - Fridays, on AXN

Very good news!
But I think that Clarkson has gotten a bit too bitter and angry with the world in the recent past.
He used to criticize in a fun way, used to be angry in a fun way. Now he just seems like a bitter old man, pissed with the world.
I hope that doesn't continue in this season.

The last season was quite a bummer, save for the Africa trip which was brilliant!

Having said this, I still think Top Gear is the best motoring show out there. Far, far better than anything the competition has to offer. Top notch entertainment with a reasonable amount of information.
mango_pal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2013, 16:19   #3
BHPian

I am a huge top gear fan! It can be more of an entertainment/talk show at times, but it's addicting. The best part is the way they edit their videos. Some of my favs:

1. Aston Martin V12 vantage one, (The one in which Jeremy is sad about V12s coming to an end)

2. Maserati Quattroporte (black one)

3. Jaguar E-type vid

There are many more, just can't remember at the moment. It's just that the trio adds a lot of character to the show, and i tried 5th gear as well, none can come close, most of the other ones are too perfect and to the point !
sudeep11787 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2013, 18:54   #4
BHPian

What cars do you guys think would be reviewed this season?
I'd like to see them getting their hands on the F12 Berlinetta and the F-type.
Can't wait for June 30th
Old 27th May 2013, 19:40   #5
BHPian

Oh Yes!
Finally the most epic show on TV is soon to be back!
Old 27th May 2013, 22:52   #6
BHPian

Love it or loath it, it probably is one of the most talked about motoring programmes in the world. Clarkson certainly knows how to push people's button, even beyond motoring issues.

Here in the UK Clarkson doesn't just keep his views limited to cars, he comes out with opinions that enrage many, yet plenty of others feel he is talking long overdue common-sense. Me, I just enjoy the banter between the three presenters, unlike American TV motoring shows where argument and confrontation appear to be the name of the game - I won't even waste my time switching them on.

(By sheer coincidence I'm watching 'Top Gear: India Special' right now - takes me right back to when I visited your incredible country in 2011. )
Argyll is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2013, 09:43   #7
BHPian

Yay! Cannot wait for the first episode to go live. Have watched everything right from 1st series and most of them are in my collection. I love this show.

PS: OT, Last week Jezza said something about Martin Brundle favoring Alonso and Brundle retorted back asking Jezza to stop bulshitting everyday.
Old 28th May 2013, 10:11   #8
BHPian

The bad boys among petrol-heads are back ! It would be another thrilling ride when Jeremy and Co. take some of the best rides out there and put them to test. For me some their best episodes were:

1. The Marauder tested in South Africa
2. Audi R8 tested as a hair stylist
3. The Indian edition - damn hilarious!!

I still remember that Epic dialogue Jeremy said about Indian roads. "In Britain, When a child does some mischief - his mother says - your Dad is not going to be happy when he returns home. In India, It would be like - Your Dad is not going to be happy IF he returns home".
Old 28th May 2013, 11:59   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Top Gear UK - Show dates

1) June 26th
2) July 3rd
3) July 10th
4) July 17th
5) July 24th
6) July 31st

These are the dates for the live shows. The show will be aired (TV) on Sunday each week.
Old 28th May 2013, 12:07   #10
BHPian

The last season was quite a bore.. especially the first ep featuring Jezza in a small lawnmower contraption! I really hope they get their mojo back in this season! Btw did Hamster return back from Mexico
Old 1st June 2013, 16:04   #11
BHPian

Quote:
We’ve been hearing that a certain car mad trio are running amok in Pitlochry today...Top Gear are here filming their next series!!

Source
http://http://www.thecourier.co.uk/n...lochry-1.90284

Quote:
@LandRoverUKPR Top gear have finished with the car thanks. Needs fuel.
Attached Thumbnails
Top Gear Season 20 - Fridays, on AXN-image.jpg  

Old 3rd June 2013, 15:17   #12
BHPian

I think this is pretty much the only thing I watch on TV these days.

While I'm not in agreement with everything Clarkson says, he's one of the most articulate people I've seen. Though he does sound like an angry old man with a bone to pick with everything! (Hilarious!)
Old 3rd June 2013, 16:44   #13
Senior - BHPian

This is fantastic news! I love TG and every night its what puts me to sleep. Playing old episodes, new episodes on my laptop....I keep watching them front to back (series wise) or back to front (Series wise).

I agree with many here that Top Gear isnt as good as it was. They barely do any reviews and the whole show only points out one thing - POOOOOOWER of each and everything they manage to test! Clarkson has become quite predictable. British marquees are great and the rest are just not. Unless its a Ferrari.

The last season was a bummer. Seemed like the director and editor were on vacation. N the show has just become way tooo short. 6 episodes in the last series and gone are the days when they used to have 10-12 episodes.

I really hope season 20 will be as good as the old top gear. Seasons 9-13 come to mind. There are a lot of awesome cars launched (F-type, new corvette, S-class, Mclaren, La Ferrari, maserati ghibli). Cant wait to see TG's reviews of them all.
Old 3rd June 2013, 16:53   #14
BHPian

In India, this airs on BBC Entertainment, right? Tata Sky recently removed this channel from their line-up. :( It's not even an option anymore...
Old 3rd June 2013, 17:08   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekjayasheel View Post
In India, this airs on BBC Entertainment, right? Tata Sky recently removed this channel from their line-up. :( It's not even an option anymore...
BBC Entertainment and their childrens' channel (CBeeBees) were withdrawn from India completely, and not only from Tata Sky.
Aiel is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks