Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results:
0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2010, 16:06   #91
Senior - BHPian

Time to break out supercharged the Jaguars.
Since its Ben Collins' own autobiography, I guess the financial returns from the book deal were much more than his earnings from Topgear.

PS : Ben Collins has been sacked from the BBC.
Old 6th September 2010, 18:27   #92
BHPian

James May: The Stig to be killed off and replaced

The 47-year-old star of the Top Gear shows said that the team may oust The Stig in a similar manner to his predecessor Perry McCarthy - who was fired off the flight deck of HMS Invincible after his identity was revealed.

'We start some filming next week. We've had some thoughts - driving to The Stig's house and nailing his head to the table was one.' May told The Sun.
The floppy-haired presenter even claimed that the team were considering stripping Collins of his famous white racing suit, claiming that they would be 'getting our overalls back because they're not his.

'And those stupid, poncy shoes he wears. They're ours. And the gloves.' he added.
The outburst follows Collins' unmasking as The Stig - after a legal victory against the BBC that finally allowed him to tell all about his role on Top Gear in his new book.

Top Gear's James May: The Stig will be killed off and replaced | Metro.co.uk
Old 9th October 2010, 08:43   #93
BHPian

ex-STIG joins fifth gear!

Ben Collins has hence joined 'Fifth Gear'. and appears in the first episode of their 18th season. He drives a Drag Racer in the episode.

Intrestingly Vicki Butler-Henderson, the co-host on the show introduces collins as the 'wold famous driver who recently found himself out of a job and his name rhymed with "The Twig".

Collins opening line was: "Yes I can speak and its a massive pleasure to do so. And I have spent too long in a storm suit for my liking"

BTW the Fifth Gear episode can be downloaded from FinalGear.com :: Shows :: Fifth Gear :: Season 18 :: Episode 1

So Hope the Identity Mystery of the Stig is a Closed Case now!

Just wonder whether BBC comes up with some one else for the STIG! Surely viewers would miss him sorely if they do not!
Old 11th October 2010, 08:39   #94

I saw the new Episode of Fifth Gear on TV the other day and Ben Collins had more character when he kept his mouth Shut.
Old 11th October 2010, 11:16   #95
Senior - BHPian

The Stig is a myth!! Enjoy what he presents. Revealing character would seriously hamper driving
Old 12th October 2010, 01:29   #96
BHPian

Ben Collins is absolute rubbish as a presenter. I guess that this is what is meant by the term 'sold out'. I mean, come on, he didn't have to refer to Top Gear in the Fifth Gear season 18 opener.

That said, now they will kill off the white stig... so which colour should they bring him in? I mean, we have seen 'Green Stig' who was killed off in the Hammerhead eagle iThrust, and in one of the season premiers, a Red Stig, which I think was for the Communist cars special but was never included.

I vote for having a new Red Stig

Some say... he can lap a car 0.000005 of a second faster than the speed of lightning, and that he once beat a poncy, half arsed, backstabbing racing driver in the face... all we know is, he's called the Stig!

But another good idea would be to resurrect Black Stig with a new driver.
Old 7th November 2010, 08:37   #97
BHPian

Just found this hilarious video from Topgear about how they 'breed' Stigs at a Stig Farm... looks like they have to choose a new stig from among these. There are a couple of digs at Ben Collins as well, for revealing his identity as the Stig.

Old 8th November 2010, 11:18   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avi550m View Post
Just found this hilarious video from Topgear about how they 'breed' Stigs at a Stig Farm... looks like they have to choose a new stig from among these. There are a couple of digs at Ben Collins as well, for revealing his identity as the Stig.

YouTube - The New Stig - The Stig Farm
awesome find

This makes the wait for TG even more painful.

cheers,
ac
Old 8th November 2010, 11:25   #99

I was one of the first people to see this video. They released it at Top Gear live, where I was lucky enough to go.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks