Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2017, 18:25   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bugatti Chiron - successor to the Veyron

Here is DriveTribe' Jethro Bovingdon riding shotgun and discovering the new direction Bugatti has taken with the Chiron.

What numbers! What a car! And don't miss those lights.

deetjohn is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2017, 18:53   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Here is DriveTribe' Jethro Bovingdon riding shotgun and discovering the new direction Bugatti has taken with the Chiron.
What numbers! What a car! And don't miss those lights.
What a beautifully done video. Thank you very much for uploading.

With the cars as centerpiece and the driving across those scenic roads. Makes me jealous of the lucky bloke who gets a ride in this beast.

Truly awesome car.

Did you notice in the acceleration bit at around 5:50. The key (Or is it a mobile phone placed in centre console, slides forward with nearly all gearshift like the vehicle stalls during those gearshifts.

Thank you again for sharing this video.

Last edited by rohitoasis : 2nd February 2017 at 18:54. Reason: Removed the video bit.
rohitoasis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2017, 19:03   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitoasis View Post
Did you notice in the acceleration bit at around 5:50. The key (Or is it a mobile phone placed in centre console, slides forward with nearly all gearshift like the vehicle stalls during those gearshifts.

How can anyone miss that? Like Bovingdon said, he was literally pinned back to the seat and he just couldn't come off it.
Old 4th March 2017, 09:47   #64
BHPian

First Chiron customer cars leave the Bugatti Atelier

After a long wait. Finally.

Old 25th March 2017, 15:24   #65
BHPian

The Reviews have started pouring in.

Autocar

Carfection

Delightful amount of close up details in this one.

Chris Harris drives it in Top Gear tomorrow i guess from their continuous teasers.

DriveTribe left a small teaser.

So its review should also come soon.
Old 27th March 2017, 21:28   #66
BHPian

As expected the Drivetribe Review is up.

Barring some lens flare, by a mile, the best video to date on the Chiron.

The bare naked carbon fibre looks sinister and of the colours seen till date, this is my favourite colour of Chiron. The golden Chiron tested in Top Gear (as seen in this trailer) a close second.

Disclaimer : Yet to see the Top Gear episode, but to be Honest something's changed with Harris Monkey recently since he joined Top Gear and have a feeling i might not enjoy his review as much as this.
Old 30th March 2017, 19:22   #67
BHPian

Well my infatuation with the Chiron continues.

Today was spent watching this video.

I began with hating the design of the Chiron for looking overly aggressive. But with each passing day and each Video, i am starting to warm up towards this design.

If Veyron was regarded as the "Concorde Moment", i feel this is the "Blackbird Moment". Hats off to this engineering marvel.

The unpainted bare carbon fibre car seen in this video just looks mega.
Old 14th July 2017, 19:03   #68
BHPian

Jeremy Clarkson finally gets to ride the Chiron and has been published here in the Sunday times.

The article describes experiences over a decently large drive from St Tropez to Turin.

The article sure has exaggerated quips in his usual style. Few would be over-quoted across the internet shortly. Shared below for readers convenience.

Comparing performances with existing Hypercars.
Quote:
There is nothing made by any mainstream car maker that could hold a candle to the Chiron. A McLaren P1 doesn’t even get close. It’s like comparing me as a drummer with Ginger Baker.
Mandatory joke about the Hamster.
Quote:
But it’s never difficult. Oh, I’m sure Richard Hammond could roll it down a hill, but for the rest of us it’s a doddle. There are no histrionics.
About the elegance in motion that the Chiron is.
Quote:
If Rolls-Royce were to make a mid-engined supercar, it would feel something like this, I suspect. It’s never hard or jarring. It doesn’t pitter-patter even on cobbles. And it has a boot into which you can fit, um, a grapefruit.

Plant your foot into the carpet in first gear emerging from a hairpin, and every single one of the horsepowers you’ve engaged and every single pound foot of torque is transferred with no fuss, and no wheelspin, directly into forward motion.

There are no histrionics. The exhaust system doesn’t pop and bang. The engine doesn’t shriek. There are no aural gimmicks at all. And everything you touch is either leather or metal. Unless it’s the badge. That’s sterling silver.
The Summary
Quote:
And that’s what this car is all about. It’s not driving pleasure. It’s not aesthetics. It’s just man looking at nature, rolling up his sleeves and saying: “Do you want some?”
This car doesn’t challenge the laws of physics. It bludgeons them. It is an engineering marvel, because like all other engineering marvels it’s an affront to God.

It’s also an affront to Friends of the Earth, Greenpeace and all the other Jeremy Corbyn enthusiasts who say it’s time to put away our toys and live more responsibly.

We have to love it for that, too, and applaud Volkswagen for saying: “Not just yet, beardy.”
P.S : Was not sure if this Anecdote was appropriate for a public forum. But that is how Jezza describes it and we love him for it.
Quote:
At one point on the French autoroute I became mixed up in one of those rallies where young men take their Audi R8s and their Aston DB11s and their Oakley wraparound sunglasses on a tour of chateaux and racetracks in the sunshine. They kept drawing alongside and roaring off in the hope I’d put my foot down. So after a while I did. And even from half a mile in front, which is where I ended up after mere seconds, I could feel their p*****s shrinking in disbelief and embarrassment.
rohitoasis is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th July 2017, 20:28   #69
BHPian

What a car! Just one look at the speedometer marked to a maximum of 500km/hr and you know that this is something special.
Old 19th August 2017, 08:30   #70
Senior - BHPian

The first Chiron being delivered in the US.

What a beast! That packing and the white glove treatment is insane.

Really wouldn't feel like taking that car on road once you see that flat and shiny floor.
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2017, 20:27   #71
Senior - BHPian

Lovely video of the beast doing 0-400 kmph in 32.6 seconds flat.

Crank your speaker volumes up to the max!

hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2017, 21:32   #72
Senior - BHPian

Here is the Chiron, Montoya and a new world record. What a machine!

Next up, the fastest production car record!

Bugatti is not bowing down to the all electric attack without putting up a fight.
deetjohn is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th September 2017, 06:38   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Next up, the fastest production car record!

Bugatti is not bowing down to the all electric attack without putting up a fight.
Why did they have to dub all that grand movie soundtrack style music in? The engine noise itself would have been so much better.

Lovely video though.
Old 13th September 2017, 07:14   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Lovely video of the beast doing 0-400 kmph in 32.6 seconds flat.
I'm curios to know where the camera was placed for that front shot ? Can't be another car going faster in front, not sure if it was a camera moving in a high speed rail or was it a drone mounted one ? whatever it was, it was accelerating as fast as the Chiron then ?
Old 13th September 2017, 09:10   #75
BHPian

Quote:
So jealous of Montoya now. Amazing video. Just look at the rock solid stability of the car. From what I read elsewhere, the Chiron is electronically limited to 420kmph (261mph) for safety reasons and the safety reason is that the present tires cant handle its theoretical top speed of 463 kmph (288mph) though the tyres are still under development by Michelin and should be out by 2018. Post that, Bugatti will give an official number for the top speed. It is also said that the Chiron is capable of hitting 300mph and of that happens, it will be a true feat

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
I'm curios to know where the camera was placed for that front shot ? Can't be another car going faster in front, not sure if it was a camera moving in a high speed rail or was it a drone mounted one ? whatever it was, it was accelerating as fast as the Chiron then ?
I had the same question when I saw that but later if you see from the cockpit, you dont see any vehicle in front of it. So my assumption is that it is a rail mounted camera
centaur is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks