Team-BHP - The most expensive Golf ever - MK7 Golf R
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The International Automotive Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/)
-   -   The most expensive Golf ever - MK7 Golf R (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/140631-most-expensive-golf-ever-mk7-golf-r.html)

VW presented at the IAA 2013 the 300 hp strong and at least 38,325 euros expensive VW Golf R - and thus the strongest and most expensive production Golf ever.
The most expensive Golf ever - MK7 Golf R-vwgolfviiriaa2013729x486c96e8d9e8260773a.jpg

Compared with the up to 230-hp Golf GTI puts the Golf VII R again it all of 70 hp. To its predecessor, based on the Golf VI , he distances himself by as much as 30 hp.

The drive will continue the two-liter turbo gasoline engine is used.
However, the four-cylinder has been extensively revised and with additional refinements.

To the 70 hp more power, the cylinder head exhaust valves together, valve seat inserts and valve springs has been redesigned, also other pistons are used. Thus, with more fuel and oxygen pressure can be injected into the combustion chambers, the technician also stored at the injectors and on the turbocharge

The maximum power of 300 hp is at 5500-6200 tours. Also, the torque increases compared to the GTI by 30 to 380 Newton meters - that even in a wide speed range 1800-5500 rpm.
Despite all the performance-enhancing measures promises less consumption: a fully electronic coolant regulation allows a more efficient thermal management with shorter warm-up.

The exhaust passage for water-cooled turbocharger is now integrated into the cylinder head.
In addition, the engine with dual variable valve timing, variable valve timing and two-way adjustable valve on the outlet works with a dual injection (direct and manifold injection).

The wages of Technology Fireworks are 7.1 liters fuel consumption, about one and a half liters less than the 270-hp predecessor.

In order to increase the cornering dynamics and bring the power effectively to the road, the XDS system simulates elktronische + by braking the individual wheels, the function of a differential lock on both axles. The performance measures go further: For the optimal slope capability allows the two-stage ESC (Electronic Stability Control) also completely disable.

VW says that this feature is available exclusively in the Golf R.

Volkswagen Reveals 300 HP Golf 7 : 0 to 100 KM/H in 4.9 Seconds with DSG. The 2014 Golf R comes with standard 18-inch wheels (19s available), larger brakes, 20mm lower suspension over the standard car (5mm over the GTI), a new body kit and adaptive chassis control as an option.

http://translate.google.co.in/transl...40%26bih%3D703

The most mental Golf out there!!! I wish these cars could be sold in India at prices that make sense. Unfortunately such cars might never be sold directly to Indian car buyers for years to come.

Super car with mind blowing power enhancements in it's class.
now a days i just can't stop admiring Golf enough ... because i am driving one currently in europe.
I miss my Vento Drive sometimes though.

New 300 hp Volkswagen Golf R Makes Dynamic Debut [Video].

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8TV3...layer_embedded

With DSG, it takes only 4.9 seconds.
Top 250, average fuel consumption 7.1 liters per 100 kilometers!
The most expensive Golf ever - MK7 Golf R-vwgolfviiriaa2013729x48666f775af780b6835.jpg

Cheers!

The 2015 Volkswagen Golf R will debut at the Detroit auto show with more power, a new 4Motion system and better gas mileage. To go on sale in 2015.

Quote:

The Golf R makes 290 hp from an advanced variant of VW's 2.0-liter turbocharged engine, along with 280 lb-ft of torque.

Compared to the Golf GTI engine, the R has a modified cylinder head, pistons, high-pressure injection system and turbocharger. It uses water-cooled exhaust gas channels running to the turbocharger to reduce full-load fuel consumption and both direct and multi-port injection

The 4Motion system uses a Haldex 5 coupling that is activated before wheel spin occurs, according to VW, to nearly eliminate traction losses. When coasting or under a low load, the front wheels are driven and the rears are decoupled. When power is needed, the rear can be engaged in milliseconds. If necessary, 100 percent can be sent rearward.

In addition to the Haldex, four electronic differential locks help the stability control system, briefly applying the brakes when needed. The R also has an ESC Sport mode, which allows a little more leeway when taking fast corners

The Golf R is distinguished from the rest of the Golf lineup by a new front bumper with large air inlets, an aggressive rear diffuser, dual chrome-exhaust tips, side skirts and a bunch of "R" logos.

Inside, the R features sport seats, three-spoke sport R steering wheel, decorative inlays in the dash and a handful of customized instruments.

http://www.autonews.com/article/2014...#axzz2q0e8IhhG

Quote:

Originally Posted by volkman10 (Post 3341479)
The 2015 Volkswagen Golf R will debut at the Detroit auto show with more power, a new 4Motion system and better gas mileage. To go on sale in 2015.

http://www.autonews.com/article/2014...#axzz2q0e8IhhG

Sense has gone into VW US heads that they have decided to offer both manual and DSG on this for the US market. This is even more true given the DSG is faster to 60 etc. Also, I hear there is only 4 door coming to US. I'm not entirely sure if that is a good thing or bad.

I drove the 2013 Golf R a couple of times - was really considering getting one - but I didn't see a value in it over the base GTI. However, this time it maybe a whole different ball game.

Had visited VW showroom for checking out a car for cousin in Dubai. The hottest car seen there is none other than the Golf R. Even Scirocco, New Beetle and New Passat CC fails to impress after checking out Golf R. The richness of design, built quality and precision engineering in such a compact package is unmatched.

Imagine a hatchback priced above a Passat or twice as that of a Jetta. No wonder it's not introduced in India. I still feel disappointed that it is not offered in our country. VW should have offered a well spec-ed Golf variant in India instead of the Beetle. Would have had more takers than Beetle any day. It is a piece of engineering art. Too bad that our import policies don't make getting such products to our shore worth it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajaypjayaraj (Post 3554673)

Imagine a hatchback priced above a Passat or twice as that of a Jetta. No wonder it's not introduced in India. I still feel disappointed that it is not offered in our country. VW should have offered a well spec-ed Golf variant in India instead of the Beetle. Would have had more takers than Beetle any day. It is a piece of engineering art. Too bad that our import policies don't make getting such products to our shore worth it.

I tend to look at it as a discount Audi S3 - pretty much the same package, but about 20 - 30% cheaper. That makes a lot more sense than thinking of it as an expensive Golf.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vineethvazhayil (Post 3554798)
I tend to look at it as a discount Audi S3 - pretty much the same package, but about 20 - 30% cheaper. That makes a lot more sense than thinking of it as an expensive Golf.

What you said does make sense. Infact even without comparing with any Audi, I don't think the Golf R is expensive for what it offers, I mean it still looks VFM to me. But that's just me and my priorities, and that's not the way our market (majority of it) thinks. VW must be knowing that already for not offering it in this highly populated market. In India taxing and import duties are the main culprits making cars costly. Atleast if that helped, we could see come changes in what makers offer here.

The world's hottest hatch VW Golf R400 Hyper-Hatch - spy pics.

VW officials have since green-lighted a production version of the Golf R400, which could debut as early as this fall at the Frankfurt Motor Show and go on sale next year.
The most expensive Golf ever - MK7 Golf R-newvwgolfr4001.jpg
The most expensive Golf ever - MK7 Golf R-newvwgolfr4005.jpg
The most expensive Golf ever - MK7 Golf R-newvwgolfr4006.jpg
The most expensive Golf ever - MK7 Golf R-newvwgolfr400300.jpg
The most expensive Golf ever - MK7 Golf R-newvwgolfr4007.jpg

Quote:

Quote:

At the heart of the Golf R400 you'll find the high-output 2.0-liter turbo engine first seen in the Audi TT Quattro Sport Concept with 400PS / 395hp, or to some sources, possibly even with up to 420PS / 414hp, in which case, the steaming hot hatch would be named R420.
This steroidal version of the Golf will come with a dual clutch DSG gearbox and standard all-wheel drive to keep the tires in check. Performance, depending on how much horsepower the car gets, should be close to the official figures announced for the concept at 3.9 seconds for the 0-100km/h (62mph) sprint and a top speed of 280 km/h (174 mph)
http://www.carscoops.com/2015/05/spi...tory-with.html