Team-BHP - 2014 Toyota Landcruiser Prado Facelift
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The International Automotive Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/)
-   -   2014 Toyota Landcruiser Prado Facelift (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/140730-2014-toyota-landcruiser-prado-facelift.html)

Link to News Section

The Toyota Landcruiser Prado SUV, known for its tough go-anywhere appeal in a package that offers a range of comforts, is due for a mid life makeover. Images of the 2014 model year version of the SUV have hit the interweb. Gauging from the images, it is evident that the refreshed Prado retains its overall profile with the facelifted bits being minor cosmetic changes that do not detract from the overall look of the SUV.

2014 Toyota Landcruiser Prado Facelift-2014-land-cruiser-prado-suv-facelift-1.jpg

Upfront, the headlamps, bumper, the chromed grille and fog lamp housings get a once over. The SUV's headlamps now feature LED daytime running lamps at the bottom. At the rear, the facelifted SUV gets refreshed tail lamps with minor design tweaks, and a redesigned number plate housing on the hatch door. On the inside, changes are more subtler. The dashboard gets wood inserts while the center console makes do with reshaped buttons and a central dial.

2014 Toyota Landcruiser Prado Facelift-2014-land-cruiser-prado-suv-facelift-3.jpg

Under the hood, the 2014 Landcruiser Prado is expected to motor on with petrol and turbo diesel engine options currently on offer, perhaps with improvements in terms of power and torque outputs, and fuel efficiency. In India, the Prado is sold with a 3 liter D-4D turbo diesel engine that outputs 173 PS of peak power and 410 Nm of peak torque. This engine is mated to a 5 speed automatic gearbox, driving all four wheels of the SUV through a full-time all wheel drive layout.

2014 Toyota Landcruiser Prado Facelift-2014-land-cruiser-prado-suv-facelift-2.jpg

Internationally, the Prado is also available with 2.7 liter-inline 4 and 4 liter-V6 petrol engines that output 161 Bhp-246 Nm and 271 Bhp-381 Nm respectively. These engines get two transmission options: A 5 speed automatic and a 6 speed manual. The 7 seat Prado sits under the flagship Landcruiser LC200, as a lower priced luxury SUV. The current version of the Landcruiser Prado is priced at 76.22 lakh rupees, ex-showroom Delhi while the Landcruiser LC200 retails for 1.16 crore rupees.

Images courtesy ClubLexus and TestDriven on Youtube

Prado as well as the facelifted GX460 looks horrid to be honest.

hmm, Another ugly one from Toyota.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaKnight (Post 3219057)
Prado as well as the facelifted GX460 looks horrid to be honest.

Doesn't matter - you'll still sell loads of them, Antony. When was the last time someone bought a Toyota for looks?

They have made the grille overly aggressive to distinguish it from its Lexus brother the GX460 (which otherwise has pretty wears the same sheetmetal )

First the Innova and now the Prado. Looks like Toyota wants to create a line up of ugly ducklings. New prado in black, might look like dark vader smiling :)

-Sajan

Are those alloys a direct lift from 2012+ Fortuner? Good to see that DRLs are incorporated now. Also - does the Indian spec Prado come with a front facing camera?

The Prado looked way better 2 generations back! Looks to me like these guys have do research on how to make a car look uglier with each facelift. If you want to do this, why do a facelift in the first place?! Leave the way the car is; add some features than tinkering with the design!

Yuck, Whats wrong with Toyota? Did they hire the design team from DC or what? They screwed up the Innova recently, now Prado.
Do we expect any face lift for Fortuner. No. Please don't!!.:mad:

Toyota has launched to facelifted Land Cruiser Prado in India at a price of Rs. 84.87 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi).

Link to News Article

2014 Toyota Landcruiser Prado Facelift-toyota-land-cruiser-prado.jpg

2014 Toyota Landcruiser Prado Facelift-1480662_10152426000682067_1422311491_n.jpg

^ I love this pic of the new Prado.

It looks alien, beastly & menacing in the above pic hope the next gen Fortuner looks somewhat similar to this Prado :thumbs up

Why is that Toyota are adamant that their new cars look like Chinese ripoffs? The headlamps are funky but that grille is just plain hideous. Design fail.

Whats with the four dot DRL's? Is this what you get for 84 lacs? No wonder the Q7 is actually a steal:)
After calling Q7 a steal I am at a loss what to call the Fortuner!!

The very first time I saw an angel eye on the BMW 5 series (old chris bangle one) I was bedazzled. Everyone loooked on with awe. I would actually stop any ongoing conversation in the car and tell whoevers willing to listen ...see that's a beemer!!!

Now with almost every luxury car maker sporting their own variation of DRL's, and even penetrating to lower segment cars like Verna, i20, its only a matter of time before Maruti discovers DRL's and every other car on the road will be having some kind of weird lights on :Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by karan561 (Post 3312285)
Attachment 1174926

^ I love this pic of the new Prado.

It looks alien, beastly & menacing in the above pic hope the next gen Fortuner looks somewhat similar to this Prado :thumbs up

You gotta be kidding. Are you serious or just being sarcastic? If you need something menacing and alien-like, look at Zenvo ST1. This thing (esp in this photo) looks like someone constipated. :uncontrol

So basically for 80+ lakhs you get a vehicle that is slower than the tfort:Frustrati,before someone jumps on me,i agree SUV's arent meant to burn rubber,but i would not want a SUV that costs 1/3rd to run circles around me:deadhorse