Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2013, 13:53   #31
BHPian

Re: Mercedes S-Class : Official Preview

Awesome review Rehaan, beautiful, so much detail, with moving images and technical detail and cutaway shots. No magazine in paper can ever recreate so much detail as has been captured in this review.

Awesome review dude, beautiful.
Old 27th August 2013, 14:07   #32
Senior - BHPian

What happens to the Google project of driverless car? When the new S class is almost capable of managing the show without a driver, I am not too sure what is Google project up for?

Is there any major difference between the thought process or something else which I might not be aware of?

Cheers

PS: Well done review !
Old 27th August 2013, 14:09   #33
Senior - BHPian

A technologically stuffed to the gills car. Thats an amazing level of gizmos added to a car. Sometimes I think in future the cars will be able to think and drive for themselves If and when they bring this car to India, would they provide the same level of electronic equipment ? Also, about the sound insulation, will the Indian spec car have the same amound of sound deadening material in the engine compartment ? A great review overall, rating the thread 5 *s
Old 27th August 2013, 14:20   #34
BHPian

Brilliant review Rehaan sir!

The amount of detail and precision Mercedes engineers go to in the design of the S-Class is just absolutely insane. I don't think there is any other car in the world that has such a great level of technical precision.

Hopefully, will see the launch in India soon
Old 27th August 2013, 14:35   #35
BHPian

Brilliant, preview to things coming!!
Old 27th August 2013, 14:39   #36
BHPian

Excellent preview - very impressive.

Waiting for the official launch. It seems 'luxury and looks' has just been redefined.
Old 27th August 2013, 14:42   #37
BHPian

Wow! I just love the way car keeps an eye out for anything all around you. This is less of a car being driven, more of a car being suggested! You suggest the car where you want to go, if the car thinks it wont kill you (or others), then it obeys. I think this Merc should now be called Jarvis!
Road Adaptive Suspension, Pre-Safe warning, Distronic with "stalking mode ", active lane keep, only thing left is a very talkative computer ("Sir, the way you are driving, I may have to snatch the steering from you").
Old 27th August 2013, 14:44   #38
BHPian

I personally was not a fan of Mercedes for it's boring car designs. I am turning now into an ardent fan for the subtle changes they are bringing in their design language which will keep both extremes happy. The buyer who prefers the conservative stance where the car should not be loud and draw too much attention and also the young buyer who prefers the slight and an elegant sporty hue.

I think they are getting the perfect balance and will get a lot more buyers. I'll put my money on Mercedes for topping the sales charts amongst the 3 German Luxury Auto makers.

Rehaan,

I have always liked the Team Bhp reviews. God is in the Details!
Old 27th August 2013, 14:48   #39
BHPian

Man, this review is fantastic. And such a detailed one - Hats off to you for that neatly placed snetences and the photographs. The car is absolutley a stunner, no doubts !!!
Old 27th August 2013, 14:55   #40
Senior - BHPian

One of the best (p)reviews on the forum ever! Thoroughly enjoyed reading every bit of it!

Its simply a palace on wheels. Gosh! The endless list of features blew me away. Totally!

Old 27th August 2013, 15:00   #41
BHPian

So whats next MOD team? I hear the space shuttle is gearing up for another launch, what say?

But in all seriousness the level of expertise and the attention to detail in these reviews are something else entirely.

I absolutely loved the pic of all the Mercs sporting the American style Team -BHP number plates. How did you guys do that, were they made in Canada or you guys took them from here. And wow to Mercedes to let you guys put it on all the cars.

Now coming back to the S, Just when we thought it was out, it pulls us back in. What a car, I mean who will buy an A8 or the 7 when you can get this. I expect this to even spoil things for Rolls and Bentley.

Any idea on price and mileage?
Old 27th August 2013, 15:22   #42
BHPian

WOW..that's an amazing review of an amazing car. I would be interested to find out how 7-Series and A8 respond to this challenge.
Old 27th August 2013, 15:35   #43
Senior - BHPian

Rehaan - Its a powerful review of the King size Merc. Loved reading it like a catalog. Night shot of interiors are so lovely.

Thanks for the animated images of the Magic Body Control and Projector lamps.

Isn't the line between S and Maybach getting narrower?
Old 27th August 2013, 15:40   #44
BHPian

Oh. My. Word.
This isn't a car at all. This is the future. The technological advances are just phenomenal. Goes to show that the lavish amounts of money one spends on such vehicles don't go to waste. The 300 LED interior ambient lighting just blew me away.

I understand the hood monogram is a legacy, but it just doesn't seem to suit the rest of this space ships' design. It literally stands out!

On a completely different note, I caught a glimpse of the new A on the road here the other day, it's nothing less impressive in terms of design. Just phenomenal stuff going on by Benz for sure.

Oh and also, Rehaan, "At the front, Mercedes has kept it clean and simple."

REALLY!?! It's like the Star Ship Enterprise on steroids for crying out loud!

EDIT: MBC would go berserk in India.

Last edited by ByDesign : 27th August 2013 at 15:43.
Old 27th August 2013, 16:12   #45
djs
BHPian

Awesome review Rehaan, one of the very best . I'm completely blown away by the features. Well, the only thing which reminds us that this is still a car is perhaps it runs on wheels .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks