Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2015, 08:29   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: Chris Harris' car reviews & videos

Chris competing at the Nürburgring 24h 2015 in an Aston Martin GT12.

Epic car, epic video! Don't miss.
Old 17th October 2015, 06:45   #77
Senior - BHPian

Chris, Tiff and the holy trinity! Can't wait.

deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2015, 11:40   #78
Senior - BHPian

Chris Harris' car reviews & videos

Here's a lesser known recent video of him driving the Renault Sport R.S. 01. It is not one of his typical reviews but still, enough Chris Harrisy to enjoy.

And a rather unusual review he just did. Aston Martin GT12 vs Porsche 911GT3 RS vs McLaren...650S Spider! Yes, that's right, not the track focused 675LT but its lesser, slower, mellower and posier sister. Needless to say, he shows just why.

And here's the man racing at the Goodwood Revival in a Porsche 356. Wonderful racing!

Was never a fan of the Bugatti EB110 SS till I saw Chris talk about it like this!

Oh and here is the man's first motorcycle review, riding a Ducati Scrambler that too!
shyn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2015, 10:33   #79
Senior - BHPian

The camera work on this video is stellar! Brilliant by Neil!

And we also have a new Spider.
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2015, 05:05   #80
BHPian

The much awaited LaFerrari v/s P1 v/s 918. Long detailed and a worthy video

azeemhafiz is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 20th November 2015, 10:21   #81
Senior - BHPian

^ Been eagerly waiting for that one for long.

I just watched it now and it is one of the very best videos that I have ever watched. The shots, the light, the music, the edits, the presenters, the cars, the lap times, the slow-mos; its just got everything. Those three machines are the stars here and they have managed to respect that. I wish there was also a section with these machines on public roads, that's the only thing missing. The lap times were a surprise.

And I just want to watch it all over again. 52 minutes of awesomeness.
Old 21st November 2015, 17:48   #82
BANNED

I just watched that review of the holy trinity! I am absolutely out of words at how spectacular all three are and all three drivers were so good at the entertainment. Just pure awesomeness!
Old 21st November 2015, 23:46   #83
Senior - BHPian

Well, Koenigsegg had a few words(and numbers) to say regarding all the recent hullabaloo about the "#HolyTrinity". This was in response to a customer who was concerned if the Agera RS he had ordered would be as competitive as the Holy Trinity.

Quote:
The fastest claimed 0-300 time by any of these manufacturers is the 15 seconds claimed by Ferrari for the LaFerrari.

We are on the record – with video support – as having achieved a 14.53 second time for a 0-300kmh sprint. That time is half-a-second faster than the fastest manufacturer-claimed time from the #HolyTrinity cars.
That was with an Agera R in 2011.
Quote:
We are also on the record – with video support – as having achieved an 11.922 second time for a 0-300kmh sprint. That’s a full three seconds faster than the fastest #HolyTrinity claimed time.

That was earlier in 2015 with the One:1
It makes for one fantastic read. It is very straightforward and provides only numbers as proof for its claims.

Source: http://koenigsegg.com/holytrinity-vs-koenigsegg/
ashwin.terminat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2015, 13:11   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
Well, Koenigsegg had a few words(and numbers) to say regarding all the recent hullabaloo about the "#HolyTrinity". This was in response to a customer who was concerned if the Agera RS he had ordered would be as competitive as the Holy Trinity.

It makes for one fantastic read. It is very straightforward and provides only numbers as proof for its claims.

Source: http://koenigsegg.com/holytrinity-vs-koenigsegg/

The Holy Trinity is a showcase of all that these companies have learned in motorsports. They spend billions of dollars developing these drivetrains and technologies in the racing world and these hybrids are their first step of bringing it to the roads. This will eventually tricke down to sports/supercars and then commuter cars.
Yes, Tesla and electric cars are the inevitable future, but it is still some time away because the industry never gave the time and attention to develop this. They can still get a lot more efficient, lighter and cheaper over the next 10 years. Electric cars existed a 100 years ago too, but the industry chose internal combustion engines and invested heavily in developing those. So they are not just going to throw away all that time and money spent and suddenly jump ship to electric power. Hence hybrids. They are the transition we must go through before switching over completely.
About Koenigsegg, no denying the Agera RS and One:1 will thrash the Holy Trinity allday, everyday. And I agree they do not get enough publicity and credit. But that's what happens when you enter the market this late and against established giants and that too in a very niche segment. But atleast people do talk about it(and Hennessey) and recognise them thanks to the internet and their million dollar price tag. But there are still companies like Ultima and Radical who make equally fast/faster cars from a little shed in the UK for a tenth of that price that do not even get THAT kind of recognition! The Ultima GT-R for example has these to its name
0-60mph: 2.3 secs (World Record)
0-100mph: 4.9 secs (World Record)
30-70mph: 1.5 secs (World Record)
0-150mph: 8.9 secs (World Record)
0-100-0 mph: 8.8 secs (World Record)
Standing quarter mile: 9.2 secs @ 156mph
Top speed: 240+ mph (gearing limited)
All this for just $140,000. No, I did not miss a zero. That is indeed just one hundred and forty thousand dollars! The painted/colored carbon-fiber on a Bugatti Veyron costs more than that.
And Radical still holds the 'Ring lap record for 10 years now. TEN YEARS! 6:55 in the SR8 set in 2005 and then the hilariously unbelievable 6:48 in the SR8 LM set in 2009. OK, I know these 'cars' are barely street legal and hardly resemble their conventional counterparts, but since we are talking about "numbers as proof", they still do count.
My point being that you cannot compare petrol-powered/all-motor cars to hybrids. Now, if and when the Regera goes into production, then we can and will have this conversation again (though, I am sure, it will only be about how it schooled the Holy Trinity and the genius of Koenigsegg). But until then, it is like comparing apples to err...pineapples, if I may. You get the picture, I hope.

P.S: All this started because of Salomondrin and his Hyper5 video. So I think we should have a separate thread discussing it.

P.P.S: Chris' video was absolutely beautiful! I like how he got the lap times out of the way first and then started "celebrating" these masterpieces. No TV drama antics like Salomondrin.

Last edited by shyn : 22nd November 2015 at 13:16.
shyn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2015, 17:17   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeemhafiz View Post
The much awaited LaFerrari v/s P1 v/s 918. Long detailed and a worthy video
Chris' video is absolutely next level. Chris is awesome as always but Tiff is just the icing on the cake. The final 3 lap battle was such great fun to watch, I was laughing all the way through. One of the best videos I have ever seen.
Old 23rd November 2015, 18:12   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyn View Post
About Koenigsegg, no denying the Agera RS and One:1 will thrash the Holy Trinity allday, everyday. And I agree they do not get enough publicity and credit. But that's what happens when you enter the market this late and against established giants and that too in a very niche segment. But atleast people do talk about it(and Hennessey) and recognise them thanks to the internet and their million dollar price tag.
Hey, not ridiculing the Porsche, McLaren or the Ferrari in any way whatsoever.

Just wanted to put some numbers in there to provide some perspective how other manufacturers have caught up with other legendary car manufacturers in a relatively short amount of time.

That said, the Hennessey Venom and the Ultima GT-R are modded cars. A Lotus Exige and a GT-R that have gotten all sorts of modifications on them just to break records. Safe to say that a production car from a manufacturer like Koenigsegg will also factor in reliability and not just world records?

Whatever comes and goes, Forza Ferrari for me.

That said, this is going OT, perhaps the mods should start a new thread so we can get some more insights that would help us learn more about this epic battle?
Old 23rd November 2015, 18:39   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post

That said, this is going OT, perhaps the mods should start a new thread so we can get some more insights that would help us learn more about this epic battle?

Completely agree. I am working on it. Should be up in an hour.
Old 18th June 2016, 22:41   #88
Senior - BHPian

For all those Chris Harris fans who were missing him (and Neil) doing his own show, I have some great news! Top Gear is giving them their own new show! Yayyyy!!!
He will still be doing the regular Top Gear with the entire team and Extra Gear with Rory though.
Could we have asked for anything more?! This is heaven! Three doses of the Monkey is pure bliss! I am super excited, if you couldn't see that already.
Anyway, here's the trailer and it looks just like the Youtube show they both had, just turned up another notch.

http://www.topgear.com/car-news/chri...ing-topgearcom
shyn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th June 2016, 23:26   #89
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyn View Post
For all those Chris Harris fans who were missing him (and Neil) doing his own show, I have some great news! Top Gear is giving them their own new show! Yayyyy!!!
He will still be doing the regular Top Gear with the entire team and Extra Gear with Rory though.
Could we have asked for anything more?! This is heaven! Three doses of the Monkey is pure bliss! I am super excited, if you couldn't see that already.
Anyway, here's the trailer and it looks just like the Youtube show they both had, just turned up another notch.

https://Youtu.be/qzi19tVZ4tA
http://www.topgear.com/car-news/chri...ing-topgearcom
Master stroke by the BBC!

Chris Harris On Cars is a serious car show with a little bit of zing and a whole lot of technical knowledge thrown in. Top Gear is pure entertainment. Although he does a great job in the new TG, Chris Harris is in his elements when it's not scripted stuff for the masses.

This new assignment will allow him to retain the essence of his reviews, whilst the BBC allows the production crew to exploit its resources.
suhaas307 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th September 2016, 21:26   #90
BHPian

Slightly old video.

No spoilers or clues. Watch on.

I outscored Chris. Yaay..
rohitoasis is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks