Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2013, 11:37   #1
Senior - BHPian

Honda showcases the fifth generation Odyssey

Honda has provided first look at the 2014 Honda Odyssey minivan through photographs on its Japanese website.
Given the aggressive stance Honda is taking towards Indian market, and the proven material the Odyssey is, hoping that we will get to see this awesome family vehicle in India soon.

This is one vehicle, which intimidates with its appearance, but once driven, too difficult to let go the wow factor.

Odyssey offers two seating layouts, one with reclining captain chairs on the second row, and the another with a bench for three persons. The JDM Odyssey would be available in 2WD and 4WD, paired to a CVT.
The engine is likely to be unchanged from the current model.

Honda showcases the fifth generation Odyssey-2014hondaodysseyabsoluteedition.jpg

Honda showcases the fifth generation Odyssey-2014hondaodysseyredbodycolor.jpg

Honda showcases the fifth generation Odyssey-2014hondaodysseyblackdashboard.jpg

Honda showcases the fifth generation Odyssey-2014hondaodysseyblackinterior.jpg

Honda showcases the fifth generation Odyssey-2014hondaodysseyside.jpg

Honda showcases the fifth generation Odyssey-2014hondaodysseyslidingcaptainseats.jpg

Honda showcases the fifth generation Odyssey-2014hondaodysseystoplight.jpg

Honda showcases the fifth generation Odyssey-2014hondaodyssey18inchalloywheel.jpg

Our earlier threads:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...c-odyssey.html
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intern...mpv-japan.html
Source: http://indianautosblog.com/2013/09/2...ey-japan-98286
sarathlal is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 27th September 2013, 23:11   #2
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Honda showcases the fifth generation Odyssey

Thanks @sarathlal!
While in the US few years ago, always wanted to buy the Odyssey, one of the best mini/family vans. The fascination started after a drive in a friend's Odyssey, but I finally settled for a Honda Accord since the deal was good (and no family in the US at that time ).
Hope this will some day make it to India, can definitely give the Innova some competition (but I think the Toyoya competitor for Odyssey is the Previa ?)
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2013, 00:20   #3
Senior - BHPian

Looks awesome as an Innova Killer. I somehow think I may not get used to the sliding door at the rear. And they may also need to do something more to accommodate 3 comfortably in the second row. Space looks short.

But awesome design and the dashboard mounted gearstick (aka I10) is cool!
Old 30th September 2013, 21:29   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrman View Post
Looks awesome as an Innova Killer. I somehow think I may not get used to the sliding door at the rear. And they may also need to do something more to accommodate 3 comfortably in the second row. Space looks short.

But awesome design and the dashboard mounted gearstick (aka I10) is cool!
Innova killer? Honda Odyssey doesn't compete with Innova, buddy. Odyssey is much bigger than Innova and it is proper 7-8 seater minivan with decent size trunk space. Odyssey competes with Toyota Sienna which is as good as Odyssey if not better.
Old 1st November 2013, 07:17   #5
Senior - BHPian

The fifth-gen JDM-spec Honda Odyssey has launched in Japan

The fifth-gen JDM-spec Honda Odyssey has launched in Japan.

There are two models: the regular Odyssey and the Odyssey Absolute. Both get a 2.4 litre DOHC i-VTEC four-cylinder ‘Earth Dreams’ engine with idle stop and a CVT, but the Absolute adds direct injection to the motor, a seven-speed mode to the gearbox and shift paddles.
The regular Odyssey has 175 PS and 225 Nm of torque at its disposal while the direct-injected Absolute has 190 PS and 237 Nm of torque. Claimed fuel consumption ranges from 11.6 to 14.0 km per litre on the JC08 cycle.

Tons of pictures here: http://paultan.org/2013/10/31/honda-odyssey-japan/
Old 1st November 2013, 09:50   #6
Senior - BHPian

The Absolute edition is a killer! Too bad they come with a miserly four cylinder paired with a CVT. Nothing less than a V6 would do for this mammoth.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks