Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2004, 23:24   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (F 50 @ Sep. 13 2004,09:32)]If he likes cars ... then there is no sign of even a poster in plane
i had posted before about this..its not he who likes the cars its his brother in law and his son..so its really his money and thats about it...and more like i have all of "IT" can be anything from cars, to watches to collectable art etc..

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Aditya @ Sep. 14 2004,09:28)]And marrying a 17 year old? I got just one word for such a man!
cradle snatcher

Last edited by Dippy : 23rd March 2010 at 15:51. Reason: Back to back posts.
Old 15th September 2004, 00:04   #17
Senior - BHPian

Man....thats child molestation.Weirdo......
Old 17th September 2004, 00:30   #18
Senior - BHPian

This is an interesting topic. Even more so because i lived in Brunei for 3 years until 2003. So about the plane. Well, the Sultan really enjoys flying his jets and helicopters. Sometimes, we could spot him having a joyride in one of the army helicopters from our school. It was cool the first few times i saw it but then soon got boring.

As you all must know, he is very passionate about cars. I haven't seen for myself but have heard from reliable sources ( his son) that he owns more than 150 cars. These are some of the most exotic cars from around the world. You name it, he has it. And he drives these enthusiastically also. He would run his latest sports cars on the international airport runway. And then the next day there would be a front page headline...."Sultan tests tarmac of Airport runway". Apparently, if one wants to import a Ferrari, one doesn't have to pay any duty/tax etc. But this offer is exclusively for Ferraris. Reason, why i know all this is that the Sultan's second son was in my school but not in the same class.

Shifting to the topic of the prince's wedding. The following info. was heard from my friends in Brunei. Apparently the queen selected the girl after going through a catalogue. One of the former students of my school was also shortlisted. The girl that got selected was just like a regular 17 year old. She was the basketball captain for her school team and is also very intelligent too. I can't imagine why she chose to marry at this age if she really is so intelligent. But on the other hand, who would give up the chance of becoming a princess?

I hope u enjoyed reading this as most of it is based on personal experience.
Deeps is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2004, 22:16   #19
Senior - BHPian

Interesting 1 Deeps.....I`ve heard the dome of his palace too is made of Gold.Is ti true???/
And we all would like to know more bout cars in Brunei.
Update us.
Old 17th September 2004, 23:31   #20
BHPian

i think the sultan is like donald trump..too gawdy and flashy...

they say trumps house is a place of worship......

to worship himself...

same goes for sultan...

Old 18th September 2004, 00:15   #21
Senior - BHPian

hey guys,
you are forgetting something, pre 18 marriages are common in india too, esp in the south and in few hardcore telugus/tamilians

just last week went to an engagement of an 17 year old girl, guy just finsihed his engg, girl was finishing 12th,

imo it's not that weird(i mean early marriages, esp considering the fact that these days the boys and girls are becoming too forward ),

is this sultan's 2 nd marriage??? then it's too weird!
Old 18th September 2004, 00:25   #22
BHPian

isnt it illelegal to marry before the age of 18 for women and 21 for men in india??? if someone complains you can goto jail isnt it?
Old 22nd March 2010, 22:24   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeps View Post
This is an interesting topic. Even more so because i lived in Brunei for 3 years until 2003. So about the plane. Well, the Sultan really enjoys flying his jets and helicopters. Sometimes, we could spot him having a joyride in one of the army helicopters from our school.
Shifting to the topic of the prince's wedding. The following info. was heard from my friends in Brunei. Apparently the queen selected the girl after going through a catalogue. One of the former students of my school was also shortlisted. The girl that got selected was just like a regular 17 year old. She was the basketball captain for her school team and is also very intelligent too. I can't imagine why she chose to marry at this age if she really is so intelligent. But on the other hand, who would give up the chance of becoming a princess?

I hope u enjoyed reading this as most of it is based on personal experience.
I know this thread has been closed for years but could not help posting it. Deeps, you were in Brunei?? I was there too during my junior-high school days! This is exciting, do I know you? It is a small country and everyone one in the expat community pretty much knows everyone! I mean i am going off topic, but i am eager to know who you are! Sorry! I was living in Kg Kiarong and attended St. Andrew's till form 5 and then went on to JIS. And yes, one of the prince's bride was in JIS! If you do read this post kindly reply.

Rohan Jalihal
Old 22nd March 2010, 23:00   #24
Senior - BHPian

Dude you can shoot a PM to Deeps

BTW, which type aircraft is that? DC-8?
Old 22nd March 2010, 23:15   #25
Senior - BHPian

Thats like getting an almost 6yrs old thread to life
Old 22nd March 2010, 23:24   #26
Senior - BHPian

This is sheet opulence.He supposed to have more than 6000 cars.
Old 22nd March 2010, 23:35   #27
Senior - BHPian

Sultan of Brunei's Car Collection.

How can you guys leave out his astounding Car Collection which consists of 9500+ cars and is ever increasing.

Here is the Complete List -

Sultan of Brunei's Complete Car Collection: The List - AutoSpies Auto News
Scorcher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2010, 00:13   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
How can you guys leave out his astounding Car Collection which consists of 9500+ cars and is ever increasing.

Here is the Complete List -

Sultan of Brunei's Complete Car Collection: The List - AutoSpies Auto News
Don't kill me for saying this, but to be honest, I feel this guy is psycho. 9500+ cars with so many repeats make no sense no matter how big patrolhead you are. Complete waste of resources.

Just had a quick look in the list... 9 Mclaren F1's out of total 106. Thats crazy.

Yet no Bugatti Veyron? No Lambo Miura? No Ferrari 250 GTO? Only two Masarati?
Old 23rd March 2010, 00:25   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace F355 View Post
You aren't made a Sultan coz of your automotive knowledge. And I gotta agree. 9500 cars is way too much. Even if you have 4-5 cars, you have a degree of emotional attachment with each one of them, and that makes the ride much sweeter....

And about the plane, IMO, I won't have that one in my garage if I could. The warm yellow hues are overwhelming. A simpler, with shades of white, blue and black would be much better. Guess you aren't made a Sultan for your aesthetic sense either. :|

Last edited by anku94 : 23rd March 2010 at 00:29.
Old 23rd March 2010, 00:51   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace F355 View Post
Don't kill me for saying this, but to be honest, I feel this guy is psycho. 9500+ cars with so many repeats make no sense no matter how big patrolhead you are. Complete waste of resources.

Just had a quick look in the list... 9 Mclaren F1's out of total 106. Thats crazy.

Who is killing you ? even i agree. 9500 is Insane. He don't even remember all of them if I'm not mistaken.

Most Viewed