Team-BHP - Sultan of Brunei
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The International Automotive Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/)
-   -   Sultan of Brunei (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/1424-sultan-brunei-3.html)

Silly guy! When is he going to drive 9500 cars. Even if he drive one car per day, it'll take years to drive all of them. He won't be even knowing the total no: of cars he own!
Actually, how old is he?

He missed vehicles starting with E, U, X, Z letters. And why so many similar models, like so many BMW 8 Series and so many Corollo's . Maybe all his empoyees in kingdom are using them. Its impractical to go through the decision making process of buying so many cars.

Well, all of his wealth is oil derived. So he does not need to work for a living. Brunei is a place where a man can live a life of dignity, however, everything has its accent on the Sultan. He has a fantastic car collection, a couple of thousand, I am told. However, a lof of his wealth has eroded due to conspicious consumption, living beyond one's means, ill advised investments and as result they are now liquidating many of their real estate and other assets worldwide. Nontheless, they have enough wealth by any standards to go on living a life of ease for the next several generatios. The only other guy who has a comparable car collection in that part of the world is someone called "The Rainbow Sheikh." also known as Sheikh Hamad Bin Sultan Al Nahyan. He has some crazy cars and some crazy ideas. Google him.Also Google Mohammed Bin Sulayem and HIS car collection. Sorry mods, if I am a bit off topic.

Why are you guys getting tensed ? Its his bloody money. Not yours. He can do whatever he likes. Buy cars or let it down the drain. Remember Ambani and his Antillia ? Its his moolah.

Oh boy 9500 cars. I did some maths according to which it would take him 26 years to drive all the cars if he were to drive one each day.

I'm sure it must be a great feeling to see that CAR YARD.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJANGO (Post 1797598)
Well, all of his wealth is oil derived. So he does not need to work for a living. Brunei is a place where a man can live a life of dignity, however, everything has its accent on the Sultan. He has a fantastic car collection, a couple of thousand, I am told. However, a lof of his wealth has eroded due to conspicious consumption, living beyond one's means, ill advised investments and as result they are now liquidating many of their real estate and other assets worldwide. Nontheless, they have enough wealth by any standards to go on living a life of ease for the next several generatios. The only other guy who has a comparable car collection in that part of the world is someone called "The Rainbow Sheikh." also known as Sheikh Hamad Bin Sultan Al Nahyan. He has some crazy cars and some crazy ideas. Google him.Also Google Mohammed Bin Sulayem and HIS car collection. Sorry mods, if I am a bit off topic.

Sorry to say but your Geography really sucks

Brunei and the UAE where the Rainbow Sheik is based are not even close to each other to be considered to be in "that part of the world"

and the word to describe such collectors or should I say passionate motoring people could be eccentric and not crazy

Not caring about his money or something
Just think of the waste in resources.
Its just a psycho thinkin of abundance is good.He think's having every car in the world makes him a kinda higher being.What else can one justify this collection.?
but it's a pleasure to watch garages like this especially of the royals in middle east.

I guess the only pro-point of his taste would be, If he ever plans to update his garage all togather, He can single handedly pull GM off the crisis :D

Oh wow, looks like this 6 year old thread has sprung back to life!! But yes, the Sultan has a craze for fancy wheels. When I was doing my A levels at an international school there, one of the princesses who was in Form 2 (6th Std.) would come in a chauffered pink colour Bentley! Wish i had a cam back then. You will find some 'unusual' vehicles in his stable for sure. A lot of them were auctioned as well. I envy that guy!!

I think this might be the list of all the cars people living in Brunei have.
If he has these many cars, then probably he goes out shopping for cars everyday!!!

Check this for pics of Sultan's cars -
Brunei Car Collection

Attached - Wheels article on Sultan's garage :)

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Does this aircraft has a ' panoramic roof ' :D... he might need that as he flies closer to the stars.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scorcher (Post 1797399)
How can you guys leave out his astounding Car Collection which consists of 9500+ cars and is ever increasing. :)

Here is the Complete List -

Sultan of Brunei's Complete Car Collection: The List - AutoSpies Auto News

Quote:

Originally Posted by ir458 (Post 1798981)
Check this for pics of Sultan's cars -
Brunei Car Collection

Attached - Wheels article on Sultan's garage :)

I thought, I read an article from this thread only but realizing that it's not the case. Here is the link to an article written by Michael Sheen, a car broker and owner of Ferraris-Online.

http://www.ferraris-online.com/pages...=SCM_201103_SS
http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2011/03/th...ar-collection/

Here is a kick to start with!
Quote:

The Sultan’s staff keeps a Rolls-Royce in front of his palace with the engine running 24-7